Local Enthusiasts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Local Enthusiasts

One would think that living in the vicinity of the 2nd largest city in GA I would be able to easily locate fellow Mustang, or muscle car enthusiasts. So far I think Project Pony and myself are the only two enthusiasts and Mustang hobbyists around Augusta, GA.

I see Mustangs everywhere. It looks as if every other car on the road is a Mustang of some vintage and model. To most drivers, their Mustang is just a car. It is a tool to move from point A to point B.

I guess I miss the community that came along with the motorcycle world. Sure, there were rivalries between brands, but a bike is respected across the lines. Fellow riders, including the HD guys and gals acknowledge one another on the road. There are bike nights, rides, and other gatherings. We all functioned as a well oiled family. We helped each other. We would head out for spontaneous rides. This does not happen in the 4 wheeled universe (at least not in my area).

I have had sport trucks, and we searched one another out. I have driven and partcipated in the street rod and exotic car world. There used to be people of all ages cruising Augusta on the weekends to show off their toys. It seems that the car culture has disapeared since I was last a part of the automotive world.

Even as a musician, we get together and jam from time to time. We have open mic nights. We have writing sessions. We get together and write.

For the most part I am just sitting and pondering. I miss the community and friendships that were once made, all because of the machines we love.

Has the car culture become nothing more than a web based hobby in terms of human interaction? Are we now left to a couple of car shows a year?

It would be nice to find a group of people to hang out with, work on projects with, and then show off the hard work with a good show and shine or cruise to wake the neighbors.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
For anyone in the Augusta area, there is a Cars and Coffee event held once a month.

The next get together is at the Grovetown Exhibition Center.
212 Friendship Drive.
Grovetown, GA. 30183

From 8am to 11am.

www.coffeeandcarsaugusta.com

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion