Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Spring Cuise 2017

6K views 66 replies 15 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 · (Edited)
Connecticut Spring Cruise!

Saturday June 3rd

RoboStang and I have picked the weekend of June 3rd for the next New England cruise. It will be the CT route which is lots twists and turns on back roads. Details will follow but Saturday June 3rd (rain date of Sunday the 4th) is the date. We have a 100+ mile loop through some great driving roads that will include a stop for lunch and a group of like minded drivers so come with us and have some fun. If you haven't been on one of these rides before you can look at some of my old threads for an idea of what they are like.

Standard rules apply:

These rides are at your own risk...I am a bad influence.

For those on the last few rides plz note on this ride I intend to drop my speed some from earlier rides. We still will be having fun but it will not be quite as intense as the last couple rides. Rob mentioned bringing it back to pre-suspension upgrade speeds.

Lets go have fun!

Mud

See less See more
#36 · (Edited)
Yay!

Of course, after just one night, my freshly cleaned car is now covered in pollen and sap, so if you see some frenetic detailing half-assery tomorrow morning, you'll know why. ;)

#40 ·
If I leave mine out, it will be covered with furry caterpillars!!!!

It is tucked away in the garage and ready to go.

#39 ·
Great to hear that you will join us JimB. Bring a walkie-talkie if you have one.

#46 ·
Diner right next to Staples

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#49 ·
Great cruise yesterday except for the surprise rain. :banghead: :facepalm: Was great meeting everyone and the lunch spot was perfect. Stopped at the car wash on the way home and will finish her up today. I couldn't drive all the way home that dirty. Thanks Mud and Rob. Great fun. Hope to see you all soon.

#50 ·
I had a blast yesterday. Great company, great route, and I think the lunch place was the best one yet!

I took a couple of pictures and will post those tonight or tomorrow.

Can't wait for the next cruise! :D :thumb:

#51 ·
Some pictures from yesterdays fun.

Attachments

#53 ·
thx for giving me an excuse to have a day of fun. I believe Rob got a couple of new emails for the list. I'll send an email out to newbies so they can add me to the safe sender list. I'll post up here when it goes out.

Great blocking back there...I don't think we lost anyone :)

Jim

PS it is a shame we didn't leave the Camaro driver the tab for 20 of us at the restaurant.....

#55 ·
Great pics guys. It was another great ride! Thanks to all that joined. Watch for info on the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#56 ·
#57 ·
my first block!

At the start, and me being a newbie, somehow I wound up the second car behind the leader, and I was put to the test quickly and had my very first block. That's me in the vert stopping the trailer'ed boat. Rob, thanks for the neat video. Through the entire cruise we were led up front by the most masterful Mud, who by the use of hand signals, clear walkie talkie directives and warnings of incoming cars, any newbie nervousness was taken away and the cruise was made very enjoyable. Thank you Mud. I am looking forward to the next cruise.
I encourage any Mustang owners reading this that you should definitely come join in on the fun. Meet friendly people who love their Mustangs, drive thru the challenging twisty back roads. Come hear the ponies roar. A good day was had by all.

#58 ·
Here are a few photos.

And Rob, thanks for the info on the jack pads. I think I'll have to grab a couple of the aluminum ones to upgrade the chunk o' wood I've been using.

Attachments

#63 ·
for those who gave us emails this wknd I just sent out one to you...it was just to the newbies. If you've already been getting them don't panic. If you ain't on the list and would like to be added PM me or Robostang your address.

That was a good ride except for the 5-10 minutes of light rain. I found it funny how a good number of us had trouble figuring out the wipers. I do turn mine on often in the Stang but it's the same motion as turning on lights in my Tacoma.

Jim

#67 ·
:mustang: :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.