Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Spring Cuise 2017

6K views 66 replies 15 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 · (Edited)
Connecticut Spring Cruise!

Saturday June 3rd

RoboStang and I have picked the weekend of June 3rd for the next New England cruise. It will be the CT route which is lots twists and turns on back roads. Details will follow but Saturday June 3rd (rain date of Sunday the 4th) is the date. We have a 100+ mile loop through some great driving roads that will include a stop for lunch and a group of like minded drivers so come with us and have some fun. If you haven't been on one of these rides before you can look at some of my old threads for an idea of what they are like.

Standard rules apply:

These rides are at your own risk...I am a bad influence.

For those on the last few rides plz note on this ride I intend to drop my speed some from earlier rides. We still will be having fun but it will not be quite as intense as the last couple rides. Rob mentioned bringing it back to pre-suspension upgrade speeds.

Lets go have fun!

Mud

See less See more
#2 ·
Well then my springs, control arms, sway bars, toe links I just installed won't be flexing so much lol

#4 ·
Let's do this!!!!!

#7 ·
Yay! Count me in!

#10 ·
cruise will start here:

Staples
900 Washington St, Middletown, CT 06457

plz park on the street side of the building.

We'll figure out start time in a bit but plan on late morning for it. Rob and I will be going to the Athenian Diner in that same plaza for breakfast and are putting out an invite to all to join us. Lunch will be at The Blue Oar in Haddam right on the bank of the CT River. fyi The Oar is cash only....

walkie talkies and at least 3/4 of a tank of gas are good ideas....if we have to stop so you can fill up plz note House Rules that you buy for the entire group (15 cars at last count)

I get to take the long way home tomorrow which is part of the route. Are there any tax guys on the forum? I want to know if I can claim the mileage on my tax forms.

#12 ·
Welcome to ME and happy to hear that you will be joining us for the Spring Cruise Ron.

Rob

#14 ·
It is going to be another great ride with good friends Scott. Hope you can make it.

#17 ·
Any common walkie talkie will work. I have a couple of motorolas. We will announce the frequency during the driver meeting before the cruise. Lights? Traffic? We have our ways. :D

#20 ·
Thanks EastTNMustang! They all do. It is a blast to be sitting there and listening to every one of them accelerate by you.

#23 ·
Everyone gets a turn at blocking. If you are the first car behind me it's your turn next. I even tell folks to give a friendly wave to those we cut off. Most people are OK with it as a herd of galloping ponys is kinda impressive.

plz excuse typos..sxtng n drving

#25 ·
Glad to hear that Jza!!!!

#26 ·
The Details

Two weeks out so it's time for the official start time and place.

Cruise start time:

Saturday June 3rd at 10:30
(Rain date is Sunday)

Staples: 900 Washington St, Middletown, CT 06457

Plz park on the street side of Staples

This is 100+ miles of 3rd gear fun on twisty back roads. We'll do lunch (cash only!) and hope to get back to Middletown around 3:00-4:00. As of today we have around 20 folks who say they hope to be there.

These rides are at your own risk! by coming along you agree that you alone are responsible for whatever happens

reminder to have Walkie Talkies & 3/4 of a tank of Gas

Rob, Myself and some regulars are meeting at Staples at 9:30 and walking over to the Athenian Diner for breakfast before the ride. If you want to come early and join us that'll be good, otherwise be at Staples for the 10:30 start time. There is a gas station/Mini-mart across the street and a McD's next door for those that need stuff.

#28 ·
WooHoo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#31 ·
Yikes. Not my kind of "excitement."

If anybody from Eastern MA wants to pre-meet and convoy down to CT, let me know.

#32 ·
This wknd!!

The weather forecast has been changing daily. I am waiting until Friday AM to decide on which day. It is later than I like but as you know we have been having a wet spring.

Reminder breakfast at 9:30 if you want to join us!

Just since all you will be seeing is the back of my V6 here is a picture of what it would look like if you ever managed to pass me:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.