Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Summer Cruise 2017

6K views 70 replies 11 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 ·
Less than one week after the Spring Cruise RoboStang and I have already decided on the date of the Summer Cruise.

Saturday July 29th (rain date Sunday the 30th)

Plenty of notice to cancel family obligations & mow the grass.

details to follow.............. but it will be based in CT.

#44 ·
it was off the frame machine a couple weeks before the spring cruise and i thought it would get done from there. but its a friends shop and he is giving me a really good deal so i havent been pushing him to finish it. its all primed and blocked and ready for paint but it looks like next week to get finished

#41 ·
maybe, but since lunch won't be till the end of the ride I'm not sure how folks will like that. With the 10:00 start it'll still be 2:00 or later till lunch. Open for ideas and preferences but we'll just laugh at your silly little wants.

#43 ·
Ride is Sunday!

After looking at the weather Rob & I have decided to have the ride on Sunday. Same time place as in the earlier posts.

Staples @ 10:00 this Sunday the 30th 10:00 start time for the ride.

be there at 9:00 if you want breakfast.

There is a gas station across the street, bring a chair for the pizza at Robs house. Walkie Tallkies are a big help in keeping folks together. Details are in earlier posts but Gas/Walkies/your own risk are the biggies.

Lets see if new kid can keep up with my V6...you ain't the first SC that's tried chasing me down. :whistling:

#48 ·
#52 · (Edited)
Bruce Lee poster? Every Chinatown seems to have at least one gift shop with a martial arts section, and that section always has a Bruce Lee poster.

The extra day gave me a chance to swap out the hood and struts (the Steeda kit they're replacing is available if anyone wants it). The car's not as clean as I would like given the the water pump fun last week.

#50 ·
I'm ready. The one day delay gave me some time to help my son replace the clutch master and slave cylinders in his 2007 Acura TL S Type.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#54 ·
^^^winner winner duck dinner.

I really didn't expect anyone to get that. A friend that I fix things for often brings me back duck when she goes to Chinatown. She lives about one mile from the diner so I'm stopping by with my cooler and ice b4 the ride.

Ron, ain't this the combo you were talking about...I like it.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t396386/#post4261591322

#56 ·
Sorry all, I was having issues with the car misfiring, so I had head home. I have a funny feeling I am not getting the right fuel pressure for my current set up. 😟 Hope to catch up with you all another time.

Thanks,
Bill

#59 ·
Sorry all, I was having issues with the car misfiring, so I had head home. I have a funny feeling I am not getting the right fuel pressure for my current set up. í*½í¸Ÿ Hope to catch up with you all another time.

Thanks,
Bill

Sorry to see you having problems Bill. Hope you made it back home without too much trouble. Hope to see you in the fall.

#57 ·
B,

no need to say sorry for having problems, however what you missed:

A bunch of friends going on a nice ride with no traffic through the Hopyard
You saw the Ferrari guy stop to check us out
A bright orange Lotus
a dull red Geo Metro vert
pizza (thx Rob!)
the group of bikers who waved us on I heard one say "Mustang Heaven"
the rat rod trike with a V8 and a dog wearing doggles

If you ain't on the invite list PM me or Rob your email......Fall run in MA is the next big run. That one is 140+ miles of 4th gear sweepers.

thx all for coming

J

#58 ·
I had a blast, as usual. Great company, great route, perfect weather. Special thanks to Rob and family for the hospitality!

That talking Mini was hilarious!

#60 ·
Thanks to all that came out today. Another great ride with good friends. Hope you all enjoyed the ride (thanks again for leading Mud) and the pizza afterwards. Barbara and I enjoyed having everyone here once again. See you in the fall.....if not before then.

#62 ·
Another great ride with some really awesome people. Thanks to Rob and his family for the hospitality, pizza and refreshments. Here are a few pictures from before the ride. Thanks to Mud for another great route. I know the last two are not a Mustang. It is a really cool car though.
Also a couple of links to another Connecticut club. I surely hope that I am able to attend the fall ride.

SCMC

https://www.facebook.com/SCMC1/

There facebook page has some great photos and weekly info on cruise nights.

Attachments

#63 ·
Great ride, thanks Jim and Rob for everything. Sorry we missed the pizza but we had to scoot after the Dunkin stop to get back to Simsbury so my son could get to work.

I just feel lucky to have avoided a ticket when my turn to block came and I pulled out into the intersection to see a truck pulling a camper honking at me on my left, and a state trooper coming at me from the right. I have no idea why he chose to ignore me, but I don't really care.

See you all next time!

#64 ·
Another well planned cruise and just a beautiful day for the ride. I had the top down and really enjoyed the sights, sounds and smells. Everything seems to be amplified without a roof over your head. Going fast the wind turbulence in a vert seems to add 20mph to the pace, the trees that whip by are taller and you pick up the scents of the surroundings, including the bad ones. All in all a good day thanks to Mud, and to Rob for being such a gracious host at his beautiful home. Looking forward to our next adventure in my former home state, the great state of Massachusetts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.