99 Mustang GT(vortech) Laser Red $7500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 99MustangGTman
99 Mustang GT(vortech) Laser Red $7500

1999 Ford Mustang GT
Car has 73xxx original miles. Oil changed every 3000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic.
Shortblock from a 2001 GT. 40xxx miles on shortblock.
Vortech V2-SQ Supercharger @ 11lbs, car made 406rwhp and 404rwtq
39lb Injectors
SVT Focus Pump
180 degree thermostat
MPH Boost Pipe
3.33” blower pulley
Cobra oil pump and pick up
Ported stock plenum
PP 75mm TB
Accel COPs
NGK TR6 plugs gapped @ .035
Mac Longtubes
Mac O/R H pipe
Borla Stinger Catback
Stock T45
FRPP 3.73s
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (just installed less than 1000 miles ago)
FRPP Throw out Bearing
LDC Freeplay mod
Fiore Billet Firewall Adjuster
UPR Triple Hook Quadrant
Trans filled with Mobil 1 synthetic
Pro 5.0 Short throw shifter
Steeda Bumpsteer kit
MM caster/camber plates
MMR LCAs. Edelbrock UCAs, Full Length SFCs
Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
2001 Smoked Headlights
Mach 1 Grille Delete
2001 Cobra Hood
DD 18X10 Bullitts w/ 295/35/18 BFG KDW2s
18X9 Bullitts w/ 275/40/18 Continental Sport Contacts 2s
Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Hawk Pads
Apex Lowering Springs
Dual piller pods w/ boost and water temp.
Saleen Pedals
Tinted Tails
20% Tint all around

Story behind the car: I bought the car in January 2006 with 46xxx miles on it. The car has been my DD up until about 6-8 months and now I drive the car 2-3 days a week to try and keep the mileage off.

The GOOD: The reason for the new shortblock is that the car spun a rod bearing. So I swapped it out with another shortblock from an 01 GT. When I pulled out the old engine I installed new Head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gaskets, timing cover gaskets, cobra oil pump and pick up, new manifold gaskets, new header gaskets, and new prothane motor mounts. The centerforce clutch was just installed not even 1000k miles ago.

The BAD: The car could use a paint job. The right side of the car's paint is faded. I guess the previous owner parked the car in the sun a lot. I notice the change in paint when I swapped hoods. The paint itself is faded, but shines perfectly and still looks great, just the depth is gone to it. You can really only notice it at night under the lights in parking lots.
The Wiper Cowl is cracked in various places.
The ABS light turned on a while ago, so I just removed the bulb.
The drivers side mirror seems to wobble, so I placed a piece of velcro inside to make it stop moving.
The oil press gauge is unhooked as is the volt gauge in the stock cluster( I planned on putting a cobra cluster in the car so I removed the connection to the volt gauge.
Trying to be as honest as possible with the car as I can, I know some would lie, but i'm going to tell you everything about the car I possibly can.

Why am I selling the car? Well I am really trying to focus on school right now as I am trying to transfer next semester. Getting rid of the car would help as I usually spend all night surfing the web looking for parts or here on the forums. I just want to get all distractions out of the way.

Asking $7500 Without the Supercharger, $9500 with the blower.

The Canton coolant overflow tank will not be included. Instead the stock one will be in place. Nor will the shift knob be included. The SCT tuner will only be included if you purchase the car with the blower.

I bought the blower with 5000 miles on it. Since it was installed this May 2008, I have put about 3000 miles on the car. The car was tuned by Excessive Motorsports in VA. It put down 406rwhp and 404rwtq with a steady AF/R of 11.5:1.

99MustangGTman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion