Official Mustang Evolution Lake George Meet...2009 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Official Mustang Evolution Lake George Meet...2009

Ok everyone, this last year was pretty much a bust. It probably had to do with the price of gas, but only Brent and I made the trek and were only able to meet up with one other member (Rocket442).

So, I am going to throw it out there again. This is a great trip and even though it rained on the saturday of the show, Brent and I had a great time.

This show is perfect for everyone in the north east (NY, PA, NJ, etc). This would be a great chance to meet up with some of us from the south.

Currently I have a few members already committed from baton rouge (hopefully they will be released in time to go ). Brent was pretty adament about going again.

So, we would like to hear from you on whether you think you can go and whether you want to "commit" to going. Now, you won't be held to this, but committing how will definitely help me get rooms reserved early since they do sell out pretty quick. Once I get the club discount code from my old car club in NY, I will be making the reservations to cover those that have committed.

Here are some pics from the show this year: My Online Gallery

and some from previous years:
2002: My Online Gallery
2003: My Online Gallery

This year we weren't able to do quite as much as we wanted to, however we do have a list of "must do's" for next year.

We will be going to Niagara falls again and we will be spending a couple days there this time before we go to Lake George. There are a ton of things to do in the falls like Wax Museums, Guiness Book of Records, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Maid of the Mist, Walk up to the face of the bridal falls on the US side, walk behind the horse shoe falls on the canadian side, Jet boat up the rapids, and much more. We can definitely fill the time we spend there with no down time.

Right now there are three cars committed to driving from the south....Myself, Gabe, and Mikey. Hopefully BRent will also have a car by that time to make 4. This could be a great road trip for us as a group coming from the south...as well as a great get together/cruise once we get to NY.

So, check your calendars...think about any vacations you might have next year...and really consider coming on this trip. It really is a great show and it really is a great time.

The dates:

Leaving Baton Rouge: September 4th, 2009
Arrive in NY: September 5th, 2009
Lake George Car Show: Sept. 10th-13th, 2009
Arrive back in Baton Rouge: Sept. 14th, 2009

Current Commitments:
  1. Rob
  2. Gabe (modular2valve) and Cherrith (ce94gt)
  3. Brent (Brent)
  4. Andy (Rocket 442)
  5. Ken (Ken Cheema)
  6. Racin02GT + Roommate

Hotel: http://www.clarionlakegeorge.com/
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Official Mustang Evolution Lake George Meet...2009

I'm in. He isn't kidding. It's a fun time. It's a great road trip.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

It would be great to get some from other states to meet up with us and add to the cruise on the way.

This time though, since we should have more than just 1 car, I think we should stop and get a pic of the cars at the first rest area in each state.
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Regular

That sounds good to me. I think it'd be even cooler if we could find a nice area a few miles out of each major city we go through and get a picture of all our cars with downtown in the background.

I also realized you won't have to come to come all the way to Huntsville to meet up with me. I'll be living in Tuscaloosa by September next year.

Reddit
Old 11-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

NIce....I'm thinking about maybe adding a day onto the trip as well by leaving thursday night after work, then heading out to NY on friday. But, that's out a ways before we finalize the itinerary.

I really want to get a good idea of who thinks they may be able to go in the next couple of months so we can also get a good list of things to do going as well...and make it a bit more organized this time.

I figure since there are more going so far, we will just go and stay over in the falls for the first few days and then meet up with the car club guys on thursday morning to cruise to lake george with them again.

At least that will shave 2 hours off the initial drive up there anyhow.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
Regular

As long as I don't have to try to keep up with Don I'm fine

Reddit
Old 11-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

That's why we need more from down here going...so we aren't the only ones lagging behind.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

I will put myself in as a distant maybe.. Being as I will be a married man with a house payment and probably school, its a very slim chance, but I will see what I can do, as the wife probably won't want to stay home alone for that long.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

This is not something you have to leave wifey home for....but I know what you mean.

But, I really hope you are able to go. I think you would enjoy it quite a bit as well...they even have jeeps there just for you.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #10
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well... Considering the stories from the last trip, my future wifey probably wouldn't enjoy some of the activities.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #11
Regular

I can 100% guarantee that Nate's girlfriend isn't going next year. I am so sure, that if she does go, I will give the keys to this site to PureVenom. It's yours man

Reddit
Old 11-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

You know I'm down *****es!
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Are you down for the time we are in the falls, or are you down for the time in Lake George as well?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

I'm gonna try to drive to the Lake George as well. Not exactly positive, but I don't see it being a problem.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #15
Regular

Hell yes. I am so looking forward to this again

Reddit
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

hell yea, im down. hoping to have the 5.4 pumpin by then, at least in naturally aspirated form anyway.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

I do hope to go, but can't promise, money is tight and I don't have a car to show off :'(. I might have to show up with my friend in a '91 EF Hatch.

Hey, if you guys would like to take a little detour out onto Long Island for a bit I'd be glad to meet up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, none of us will be eligible to show our cars, so whatever we drive will just be modes of transport to/from the hotel and general cruising the town. The show is 79 and older only.

Also, no money will be needed until July/August time frame for the Lake George hotels...so there is a good bit of time to figure it out.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:59 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

come on guys, lets get a big turnout from mustang evolution

Old 11-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Weekly bumpage...
Old 11-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

I might be able to make it.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

TTT
Old 12-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

i down unless A) im deployed overseas. or B) wife takes everything in the divorce.
either way ill let you know closer to then

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Racin02GT

both me and my roommate are in will have the 347 done by then and hopefully another s/c and cammed 5.0
Racin02GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Good deal. Once I get the discount code from Street Machines of Rochester I will let everyone know what we will be looking for as a price per person.

On a side note, y'all are more than welcome to come hang with us in the falls as well while we are up there.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I want to make it next year but that's way to long from now for me to say

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #27

Region: Georgia

I am new to the forum. This caught my eye as myself and my buddy go to Americade every year the 1st week of June. We ride our motorcycles from North Georiga every year doing about 3,500-4,000 miles.

Tell me more about this car show up there in Sept? Is it a Mustang only show? A Ford show?

I might be able to talk my wife into making this trip as we love that area......

Randhy
randyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

It is actually an anything goes car show for cars 1979 and older only. The show is held on the grounds of Fort William Henry overlooking Lake George.

The show is on Friday and Saturday with the favorite 50 bonus show on sunday morning.

Typically, my group gets there on thursday...unpacks..then heads to town just to get some pizza (which I'm sure you're familiar with) and just check out the cars cruising.

Basically, there are about 1500 cars in the show. There is a wide variety of cars available to check out.

Then, there are a lot of cars just cruising town that couldn't get into the show as the show sells out almost immediately. They are there hoping for a last chance entry on saturday. this past year had a few less extra cars, but there were still a ton of cars in town. The entire town becomes a giant car show.

On friday and saturday nights, they close down main street and canada street to let just the show cars cruise from 7-10 pm.

Starting this past year, on thursday, friday, and saturday nights...they have fireworks. It used to be just saturday night.

It's a great time none the less. A ton of great cars. The show is DJ'ed by a local oldies radio station. It is a great time.

Here is the official web site of the show:

Adirondack Nationals

Also, if you do decide you are going to go, we will be meeting up with Brent in Huntsville to all cruise up together...so if that's not too far out of your way, we could all meet up together if you wanted to do the niagara falls portion as well.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #29

Region: Georgia

Thanks a bunch. It sounds like a great time.

Americade draws about 65,000 (yes, 65,000) motorcyclists. We've been going so long we stay at the Heritage, which is on Canada street just before the split to go to Bolton Landing.

I am certainly going to look into this. If we go, I'll check with you on your route and maybe could meet up with you guys...
randyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #30
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, I'll tell you our route...we will be going through Huntsville, AL...so we will be taking 65 north to I71 to I90 in cleveland and I90 to niagara falls for a few days. Then I90 to lake george.

Yes, it is a great time. They used to draw around 4-5k cars that weren't in the show. This last year with gas horrible, the turnout was a little lower. The show was still sold out, but the extra cars was a bit less. you could actually find parking. lol

We stay at the Clarion (used to be holiday inn) about 3 or so miles out of town south. It's right next to an outlet mall...right next to where you get off I-81 onto, what is it, 9N???? Rooms ran $89 a night to split this year. For a suite it was a little more. If we get enough people going, I am going to try and get a few suites.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:34 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
I want to make it next year but that's way to long from now for me to say

survey says.......

ure coming with us

Old 12-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

If I am not in school next fall and can get time off I will be up to going!
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

hell yea dude, come ride with us

Old 12-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #34
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular2valve View Post
hell yea dude, come ride with us
+1, we could use the truck to haul the luggage and the beer.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

LOL.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion