Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Crate Engines

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jamiestang 
#1 ·
I've been looking around for a affordable Ford crate engine. I came across a site called proformance unlimited (proformanceunlimited.com) and they had a few crate engines I liked. I was woundering if anyone has bought crate engines from them or has any idea how good their stuff is.
Thanks

#2 ·
If you can't find anyone that has bought a engine from them. you can do things like check to see if their a member of the BBB. Check with the court withen the city their from to see if their are and lawsuits ever filed against them

#3 ·
what about the frpp crate engine?

Aluminator 4.6 Longblock for Supercharged Applications

4.6L (281 cubic inches)
8.5:1 compression ratio (nominal)
Forged pistons
H-beam connecting rods
Forged steel crankshaft
Aluminum block M-6010-A46SC
Blue cam covers M-6582-A54
Assembled long block with 2003-04 Mustang Cobra cylinder heads and camshafts
Includes 2003-04 Mustang Cobra timing chain cover, water pump, Cobra windage tray and oil pan
Fits 2003-04 Mustang Cobra
Built with all NEW PARTS
Does not include oil cooler/oil filter adapter
Built with current available parts. Photos and specs may vary
Shipping weight approximately 500 lbs
Shown with coil covers M-6067-A, sold separately

$6800.00

#4 ·
Are you looking for a modular or push rod motor?

If you're looking for a push rod motor, you are probably better off building one your self since the crate motors are a little overpriced for what you get. I'm not all that familiar with Ford's modular crate motors.

#5 ·
I was looking for more of a 390FE or 428 Big Block. I wish it could be modular, but then again what is the biggest modular block produces or sells. I thought it was a 5.4L 4V and on Ford Racings homepage that is the biggest I found. Unless I overlooked bigger? But PushRod or Modular right now Im still just looking.

#7 ·
Well now you are looking right up my alley. I bought a 514 Crate motor in 2004 for a small price of $12,000 Canadian. Now this comes pretty well complete, but you will need a carb(a 1050 Dominator on mine), new oil pan,(Canton 7 quart on mine)and I think that is about it. For me it was a lot less money as to buying it from a machine shop. Dynoed it and got 627 hp and 620 tq, but had to do alot of cutting and banging for it to fit into my 90 LX. On a side note, I did buy it from my Local Performance Unlimited Shop, received it 2 days later after ordering it, as they come from Michigan and I live in Ontario, only 2 hours away from the warehouse. So yes I would do it again, but if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
bob

#10 ·
Thank you , Looked there did not find exactly what im looking for.

I need to stay around the 2,000 - 3,000 Dollar range I just want a 351 W Roller engine minus the heads,intake i can add these later on.

Something that will get me ready for the LS1 I can add Heads and Intake later to make it the equal of the LS1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.