autox + random bad stuff = a good day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058
autox + random bad stuff = a good day

well i took the mustang out to another autox event, i was planning on getting some in car vids but that was just one area that got screwed up on race day, every thing that went wrong:

forgot my numbers (dunno how, i remembered them before i left)
i didn't get the adapter to put the camera on a tripod (realised this after rushing to get the tripod mounted in the rear seat)

ok, thats not to bad, everything kinda worked out, i just didn't get ne pics. while racing i got to try out my new r comps, now the rear stuck like glue and the front was slipping (just the oppisite of my street tires) which was my fault cause i never drove on them before.

at the end of it all switching tires back, somehow a stud on the right rear tire stripped, the lugnut has no threads for the first 3-5 rows or so and the begining threads on the stud are one nice smooshed together flatten metal...

but all in all, even though some of this stuff was really frustrating and only realising them when your running around trying to get through registration and tech, and go home, it was an awesome day. I'm actually surprised that i had so much fun racing and talking to other mustang/f stock drivers that all these proplems seem like nothing.

I don't remember where i fell into f stock, there were 6 drivers including myself, ill post the results when the post them online

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: autox + random bad stuff = a good day

I'm glad you had a great time, and that's all that really matters. Just know that **** happens, and their's nothing you can do about it but laugh. I hope you continue to go.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i will go on, i fixed the main problem (the broken stud) and made my self a checklist that ill print off before the next race so i have everything ready to go. i'm can't wait till the next 2 events, they are on the same weekend and on a huge open paved area that a shut down mill is letting us use. I guess other car clubs use it also, but its about 3.5-4 hrs away and i don't know much about the other clubs.

Quote:
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Oregon Region SCCA - Oregon Region SCCA Solo - Event #2: PIR South Paddock 05/02/09

and the results are in, just look down at fs, i'm number 15 i need to speed it up a little, though i was a full second faster than the 3rd guy a cone kept me from that spot

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion