Steve Saleen - SMS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Steve Saleen - SMS

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/sms-su...orsepower.html

If there was one man I would marry. I'm sorry Dat(*see my sig), but it would be this guy b/c I love his work!

Quote:
Steven Saleen’s new company, SMS Supercars, has just release some important details on its upcoming versions of the 2010 Ford Mustang. And as expected, the performance is impressive.
Two models will initially be available, the SMS 460 and SMS 460X. The 460X is the big power option with an SMS 296 Supercharger bolted to a completely reworked 4.6-liter engine that will boast a displacement of 5.0-liters. As well as the displacement increase, the new 5.0-liter motor will also get significantly revised heads. The result of all these modifications will be 655hp and 600 ft-lbs of torque!
A less outrageous option is also offered, the 460, which includes the SMS 296 blower but not the added engine work. Power is rated at a still-impressive 470hp and 427 ft-lbs of torque
Both models are expected to hit 60 mph in the low 4 second range.
The new 2010 Mustang SMS 460 models will feature a unique exterior (shown above in a sketch released by the company) with a new front splitter, side skirts, rear bumper and diffuser, as well as a new rear spoiler and the SMS Red Butterfly Air Induction Hood.
Of course, the SMS 460 Mustangs won’t just be straight -line performers and will include a revised suspension setup and powerful new brakes. Also look for impressive interior work with plenty of leather and Alcantara.
More: SMS Supercars Teases 460X Mustang with 655 Horsepower on AutoGuide.com
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Steve Saleen - SMS

Hmm...I wonder how much the new SMS tax is going to be...we all know what the Saleen tax was.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Not worth buying at the premium they will ask.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Not worth buying at the premium they will ask.
+ 1

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

whats different in a saleen mustang besides the body kit?
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Suspension, sometimes motor work, seats, and wheels...oh, and a hefty namesake tax. But, they are usually the best looking body kits on any year stang.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

im never been a fan of the saleen styling. i prefer a plainer look, just me. they are nice though
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Suspension, sometimes motor work, seats, and wheels...oh, and a hefty namesake tax. But, they are usually the best looking body kits on any year stang.
Yes Sir! Every time I see a real one or even full replica I go :patriot::drinkbud::leghump2::phat:

then
:chin: :arg: becuase my car looks like :

:banana2: compared to him.

Unauthorized use of such above comment may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Under US law copyright infringement is a criminal offense. This is a crown copyright value added product, reuse of which requires a Click-Use License for value added material issued by Saleenfiend Copyright ©2000-2010
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I agree, I started making my 2000 GT into a replica before I bought the 03....If I buy another new edge, or even an sn, I will be doing the replica route.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

i bought the body kit for my 01 v6 and i had only the front bumper on and i liked it but i don't like the rear bumper
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
steve saleen