Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Stinless Flowmasters??

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SpectorV 
#1 ·
I have been holding off on putting exhaust on my wifes 2008 GT. I wanted Flowmasters for the sound, but also wanted Stainless. Well Now they make the Axle back kit in 409 stainless Part # 817410. Has anyone used these yet, I am almost ready to order and just wondering if anyone has any feedback.

#3 ·
I have Flowmasters on my '02 and while they are loud, I think that is all they are. I want to go with Borla, or if that's too pricey I like the sound of Magnaflow. There are some other great companies out there too. I am a bit biased though since I do not like Flowmasters at all and see them on nearly every Mustang.

However I can't say that it will be the same for the new body style. Those might be much better.

#5 · (Edited)
This is just my opinion, But I HATE the Raspiness of the Borla, and have never heard magnaflows. I agree that you might see Flowmasters on a lot of Mustangs, but their is a reason for that, they have been doing it longer than anybody else:). Personally, I Like the fact that you can tell its a mustang coming down the street by the flowmaster deep tone. Call me Old School if you want, but I have had several GT's starting with 1982GT, 1985GT, 1989LX5.0, 1991GT, 1996GT, then got out of them for a while, and my Father in-law gave me the '99 V-6 convertible which is a great commuter, but got the itch, and bought th '08 Boss. I have tried other mufflers in the past, but to me nothing has the sound of a Flowmaster, but again, this is just my preference:uhh:

#8 ·
I went to the manufactures web site and listen to each and i choose PYPES mines a V6 though

#10 ·
the ford racing axle back (made by borla) sounds really good on the 05+ models just something to consider, they are stainless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.