Its about time! Mustang in nascar? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Its about time! Mustang in nascar?

Mustang and Challenger are NASCAR Bound

Will be cool if they keep some of the styling of a mustang.
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 AM   #2

Region: Florida
Re: Its about time! Mustang in nascar?

It's about time! Guess I'll have to start watching NASCAR if this is true. LOL
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

It makes sense. Nobody cares if some four-door family car wins a race. If we get to watch our favorite performance cars... Race on Sunday, sell on Monday.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

+ 1
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianJohn View Post
It's about time! Guess I'll have to start watching NASCAR if this is true. LOL
+1

i never really watch nascar, but weren't they using the ford torus/mercury sable as one of thier main car designs?

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyspirit058 View Post
i never really watch nascar, but weren't they using the ford torus/mercury sable as one of thier main car designs?
No they use the new Ford Fusion as the car design or car sticker, which ever one sounds better to you.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyspirit058 View Post
+1

They used to use a taurus i believe. But i don't watch nascar either. Going around in circles does nothing for me.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #8

Region: Hawaii
Smile Re: Its about time! Mustang in nascar?

While it all sounds exciting, the reality is that the NASCAR rules and safety regulations (note: look at the current NASCAR "Car of Tomorrow" look alikes) will have as much to do with the designated car model as the Funny Cars in NHRA. The only real Pony cars will be the pace cars. The required technology for the NASCAR no longer allows for a "stock" factory manufactured racer.
66gt350ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gt350ps View Post
While it all sounds exciting, the reality is that the NASCAR rules and safety regulations (note: look at the current NASCAR "Car of Tomorrow" look alikes) will have as much to do with the designated car model as the Funny Cars in NHRA. The only real Pony cars will be the pace cars. The required technology for the NASCAR no longer allows for a "stock" factory manufactured racer.
Sadly, i'm thinking the same thing. but its fun to think about
Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otlaw80 View Post
They used to use a taurus i believe. But i don't watch nascar either. Going around in circles does nothing for me.
OVALS not circles and they also have road races. Turning at 200 mph on a steep bank is a whole damn lot harder then stepping on the gas and driving in a straight line for 5seconds. See if a drag car can last 600 miles at 200 mph. With their engine life they would have to add another pit stall on the other side of the stack so it can be rebuilt twice every lap.

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I miss the good ol days of REAL STOCK CAR racing. Old rules where if the manifacture makes 500 street cars they can race it. then they started outlawing things. Hemis, superchargers, Huge wings (superbird)the list goes on untill it isnt even a stock car anymore. Then they bring in toyota and ricify the cars with the COT to try and draw in the younger import crowd. like there gonna fork over 80-100 bucks for those tickets.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninethourpm View Post
OVALS not circles and they also have road races. Turning at 200 mph on a steep bank is a whole damn lot harder then stepping on the gas and driving in a straight line for 5seconds. See if a drag car can last 600 miles at 200 mph. With their engine life they would have to add another pit stall on the other side of the stack so it can be rebuilt twice every lap.
Wow, no need to get defensive and pissy about the subject. I just stated it wasnt for me, not that it was boring, or doesn't take skill, or that its not a blast to do for some people. Just not for me. Maybe i'm just reading your post wrong
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
Regular

Region: Tennessee

If you think that is acceptable then why can't people put Cobra badges on V6's?

Cause that Nationwide Series Ford isn't a Mustang. Just a feel good reason to increase ratings.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 AM   #14

Region: Hawaii
Smile Re: Its about time! Mustang in nascar?

It would be great if NASCAR ran the Pony cars the way NASCAR evolved originally from the moonshine running days. I say make the Pace Car chase the NASCAR racers (really is "the Chase") along winding road tracks that include some sections of dirt, gravel or grass. If you get passed by the Pace Car with the flashing lights, you are out of the race. All cars must have trunks with gallons of liquid. Any spills (checked at each pit stop) and you are out of the race. Run too far off course, spin out, roll over, or go out of bounds and you are out of the race. Last car standing wins. And forget the beer in the stands, white lightning and hot dogs!
66gt350ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:19 AM   #15

Region: Florida

Quote:
It would be great if NASCAR ran the Pony cars the way NASCAR evolved originally from the moonshine running days. I say make the Pace Car chase the NASCAR racers (really is "the Chase") along winding road tracks that include some sections of dirt, gravel or grass. If you get passed by the Pace Car with the flashing lights, you are out of the race. All cars must have trunks with gallons of liquid. Any spills (checked at each pit stop) and you are out of the race. Run too far off course, spin out, roll over, or go out of bounds and you are out of the race. Last car standing wins. And forget the beer in the stands, white lightning and hot dogs!
As long as they're not just turning left... then I'd watch that!

Left turn only tracks and COT are boring as hell IMHO. The ONLY time I ever watch a NASCAR Race is during road race tracks like they just had last weekend. If they had more races like that - I'd be tuning in a lot more often. I guess that's why I normally watch MotoGP and WorldSuperbike more often than auto races. LOL
Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah, I'm gonna have to agree with hawaiian john, left turn nascar is the equivalent to watching glue dry for me. Maybe if the cars weren't the same cookie cutter car it might be a little more exciting, but not much.

As outlaw80 said, not saying that it doesn't take skill or isn't fun for anyone, just not for me. Exciting to me is taking a built cobra down the 1320, or a GT on an autocross course.

Bring back the superbird and some better tracks and I'll watch...

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Bring back the superbird and some better tracks and I'll watch...
Not to say that it wouldnt be cool but I dont think Nascar will allow it becuase of how tough Nascars safty rules are.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah you're probably right, but that's what sucks, it's like the 4 new rules for the 09 season by the NFL, just let them play the damn game!

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

sonoma/infineon and watkins glen are nascar roadcourse. You guys should go to a dirt track race. These younger nascar celebrity types aint got **** on them good ol boys. Thats where it all started (on the dirt) before nascar became an ENTERTAINMENT industry as Brian France likes to call it.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
Not to say that it wouldnt be cool but I dont think Nascar will allow it becuase of how tough Nascars safty rules are.

If they where worried about safety they would take the restrictor plates off. Instead they want the cars all packed close to induce wrecks for the "CRASH FANS". Like Brian said "We're an entertainment industry" and wrecks entertain.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Instead of Mustang, Camaro, Charger, and Challenger in Nascar, how about bringing back Trans Am. I mean they should bring back a new factory race type. Fords already got the new FRC500CJ for NHRA and has kicked *** (Ive seen it run when NHRA came to Joliet). Then Dodge has their factory Challenger drag car for NHRA. So I say dont bring them to Nascar start up Trans Am.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
Instead of Mustang, Camaro, Charger, and Challenger in Nascar, how about bringing back Trans Am. I mean they should bring back a new factory race type. Fords already got the new FRC500CJ for NHRA and has kicked *** (Ive seen it run when NHRA came to Joliet). Then Dodge has their factory Challenger drag car for NHRA. So I say dont bring them to Nascar start up Trans Am.
Because that would make it STOCK car racing not what whiney *** brian france wants racing. His grandfather would be ashamed.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninethourpm View Post
Because that would make it STOCK car racing not what whiney *** brian france wants racing. His grandfather would be ashamed.
Ok Ford has got its Mustangs in the Koni Challenge and Grand Am. Just start another Stock Car series. Any ways Nascar is not really Stock car racing any more because they are not runing real Ford Fusions, Dodge Chargers, Chevy Impalas, and Toyota Camarys with V8s. They run a generic car with different stickers with the perfered car company logos. So I say keep the Fusion, Charger, Impala, and Camary in Nascar. Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros are dragsters and road racers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion