Theft System Problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Region: Kentucky
Theft System Problems

I have a 99 Ford mustang. And it is giving me fits. Im wanting to sell the car, but Im having problems with the theft system. At first the when u put the key in and turned it on the security light would blink really fast. The car would crank until the battery went dead, but wouldn't start because of the theft system. You could take the key out, then put it back in and it was fine and would start and run perfectly. Now the car has gottne to where taken the key out wont fix the problem. The theft light just blinks constantly, but the car will crank and crank.
I have done some research and the ford products have a computer chip in the key and when you insert it into the ignition the car would read it and send it to the theft system which would allow the car to start.
Im wondering if any one has any ideas or anything on how to fix this problem. Im wondering if the computer chip may have went bad or what. Please help.

bighicks_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: West Virgina
Re: Theft System Problems

the Key is the first place i'd start

Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #3

i had the same problem at the very begining of getting my mustang i had to go to ford and pay like 60 or so bucks to get them to program a new key. im sure you can buy them and program it yourself and save yourself some money but i herd it's alot of b.s.....i really can't stand the pats system givin me nothin but greif
kenneth01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

You can program a new key yourself however you will need two good keys to do this.

It sounds like the PATS system is not disarming. Do you have the key fob? It's the little clicker that locks and unlocks the car? Usually that will arm and disarm the system as well.

You can also try and try one of their links which may or may not help.
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
OsirisGuy is correct
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion