How did you come to drive mustang??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: How did you come to drive mustang???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike68 View Post
Nice cars here
what no story mike?
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
My first car was not very reliable but it did the job. I finally had enough of it and went to trade it in and found a 97 white v6 mustang that was a year old. I traded for the car and I have been hooked ever since. I am now on my third mustang. I hope from now on though I can collect them, not sell and only keep one.
Same Here i had a 1998 saturn 1.9l inline 4 with about 90 hp lol. when money and credit permitted i bought my 2004 v6er great trade in lol
CAI with turbonator, Blk Cobra Rims(17x9frt, 10.5r), Plate BLKNES, Internal+external blue neons w/music interface, Blk MUSTANG letters r.bumper, Alpine Flip Out deck,(4 Rockford Fosgate 120RMS speakers, 4 way RF 600RMS Amp, 12" Audiopipe Sub 600RMS w/custom box, Mono Kicker 600RMS amp, kept mach tweeters), Blk Grille Mustang, Halo Headlights w/10K bulbs, SCT 9600, flowmaster dual exhaust. Soon to come; Short Throw Shifter, 3.73 gears with TLOK.
Blkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #38

Started out with LTD's and worked my way to the smaller lesser weight Unibodies. Plus, I wrecked one and even though the car that hit me crumbled the passengerside to the console, the passenger door was the only thing to smack my head and face. Been buying,selling and driving them since.
But, still like those old 70-70 LTD's. everyone in my family nearly has a mustang, 4 in the immediate family all 2.3 liters which aint saying much, but that 4 dollar gas last year put the 5.0 engine to the building.
brazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #39

I was in the military and a buddy of mine had an 87 GT and he wanted to get rid of it. So I bought it and loved it. I have had nothing but Mustangs since 2000. I bought my 69 Mustang in 06 and I have been working on it slowly ever since. I have 03 Cobra rims on it and it looks great with them on there. I won't drive anything but my Mustangs.
jms69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

had a boosted integra type r and just got tired of wating for the power got tired of four cylinders all the way around.....
saleenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

my dad brought home a 66 convertible when i was 12. we were considering buying it, but 10 minutes after we test drove it somebody else bought it. from then on i knew i wanted a mustang. i bought mine from a preacher. ha ha
Old 09-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

I won it. Seriously though.

My graduating class ('09) was raffling off an '09 V6 Mustang. I sold the tickets to my grandparents, and they did the drawing while the class was in the back getting ready for graduation.

I got like three text's saying "OMG YOU WON A MUSTANG", from my girlfriend (Not at the time), "OMG DUDE WE'RE HAVING SEX IN YOUR NEW MUSTANG" from my friend who strangely enough isn't gay or a girl, and "Dude, guess who owns a new car?" from my dad.

I read the sex one and thought it was from the girl... lol

Either way, the principal announced that my Grandpa had won it, and my grandma gave it to me right after in a very loud and public fashion.

6k in taxes later, it's titled in my name.

1996 Chevy Lumina - My old sweetheart. I don't care what anyone says, it just won't ever die. Had more soul then a Temptations record. With 235k on the tach, it'd still roast the front tires.
LuminaV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminaV2 View Post
I won it. Seriously though.

My graduating class ('09) was raffling off an '09 V6 Mustang. I sold the tickets to my grandparents, and they did the drawing while the class was in the back getting ready for graduation.

I got like three text's saying "OMG YOU WON A MUSTANG", from my girlfriend (Not at the time), "OMG DUDE WE'RE HAVING SEX IN YOUR NEW MUSTANG" from my friend who strangely enough isn't gay or a girl, and "Dude, guess who owns a new car?" from my dad.

I read the sex one and thought it was from the girl... lol

Either way, the principal announced that my Grandpa had won it, and my grandma gave it to me right after in a very loud and public fashion.

6k in taxes later, it's titled in my name.
wow!man i want that kinda luck
Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. I considered it Karma, and it pretty much ate all my luck, so I've been S.O.L. when it comes to girls. But I've got a nice car.

1996 Chevy Lumina - My old sweetheart. I don't care what anyone says, it just won't ever die. Had more soul then a Temptations record. With 235k on the tach, it'd still roast the front tires.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Yeah. I considered it Karma, and it pretty much ate all my luck, so I've been S.O.L. when it comes to girls. But I've got a nice car.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lmao
Old 09-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

lol.. its the story of my life.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

I had a Saturn SC2 and it was starting to die. I was looking at buying a Camaro, but my Dad (who is a Mustang guy) slipped in a 95 GT that was for sale. I went and looked at it, it was in great shape minus the faded paint. I decided that day to buy the Stang. It had 55,000 miles, no accidents, and the only mod was 3.73 gears which is what I wanted anyway. I modded it the way I wanted it and drove it everywhere. Unfortunately she started breaking a lot and the fuel milage was killing me so I just recently sold her

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Mustangs have been my favorite car since I was about 6. My friends uncle had a 67 Shelby, i dont know if it was a clone or the real thing, he use to take us for rides in it. I have always wanted a mustang but i couldnt afford the insurance. I finally got my Cobra about 8 months ago.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

i got my 1980 for a christmas/birthday present when i was about 14 or 15 a year went buy and it was sitting. when i went to start her to go get her registered she blew the head gasket and i unfortunitly gave up on her. i then regretfully bought a camaro she now sits in a garage rusting and my mom lost the title so shes junk
1980rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

You could always file for a lost title. You can get it back that way.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

it wasnt in my name or my godfathers and i dont think my godfather still knows the guy he bought it from
1980rustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

yeah but you can still file for a lost title it's a process you will have to go through but eventually you will get the title, probably about 6-8weeks. I had to do it for a car I bought from someone and they didn't have the title anymore.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #54

Region: Maryland

i was driving an 01 chevy 1ton work van for 2 years and i finnaly had enough i couldnt afford the gas so i started lookin for a civic and couldnt find any thing reasnable either too much or too many miles on it than my mom called me one day an says hey go to my friends house shes got a mustang for sale and at the time i didnt want it so about 4 days went by and she (my mom) goes did you go look at the car. i finnaly went and looked at it. i knew it was a six as soon as i saw it. i got the owner to come and start it i looked over an than asked how much he goes 1200. sold ive been i love with it ever since.
red97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to JoeyR

i had always wanted a viper growing up(i still do kinda) but my "Affordable" dream car wasd always a mustang, u still can have a plenty of power andwhats funner then RWD. The car dealership i work at got a 00 GT in one day, my buddy from work called me and said get my *** down there, went down there, waited 3 days(seemed like a month) befor the car cleared, got it the day it cleared.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I've always liked the Sn95's since they first came out. never cared much for the fox bodies. Back in my early twenties, I had an 87 t-bird with the 5.0...never modded it, but I loved it. Had a few chances in the past to buy one....almost got a new 2000 GT, but i let my buddy talk me into a 2000 toyota pickup. Two years later, I traded it on an 03 F-150 Super-crew FX4. I loved that damned truck!!!!! After a few bad decisions of changing jobs, I lost it with about six months left to pay...grrrr!! Back in January, I dumped my 401k that had been just sitting for over a year, paid off a few bills, and bought a 95 Silverado (2wd,reg cab). About March, I started getting the fever for a Mustang, but I just kinda blew it off for awhile. Last month, I put a sign in the truck window, and FINALLY sold the damned thing last week. All of this, while it's starting to nickel and dime me to death. I thought it'd be best to lose a lil money on it, rather than keep spending, and lose alot more. I sold that P.O.S. for $3700, and started scrounging around on autotrader,ebay, and craigslist. I found a few nice GT's that were in my price range, and ALOT of crappy ones too. I'd sent a pic request for one I'd found down in Jacksonville,FL. When I got the pics....my wife and I both fell in love with the color. He was asking 3k firm, so this past Wed. we rode down there. I figured if it was as nice as it looked, it'd be worth the 4 hour ride. Turns out, it's even better. Belonged to an ol' chief petty officer in the navy ( ya.....that meant it had not been abused by some wild 20 year old...lol). So, basically, even though I lost money on the truck sale, I ended up with a MUCH nicer ride...that I really really wanted.....a year newer,way less miles, and still had enough cash for the trip,ins, tags, and registration....plus a lil pocket cash to boot! lol.....I WIN!
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to JoeyR

nice! sounds like u came out way ahead. grats on the car!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats on the GT outlaw!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I'll hint at my age here; my first car was a 64-1/2 Mustang coupe with the 260 V8 in it and a 3-spd automatic. Cost all of $500.00 in 1973. It was a nice little car and I enjoyed it. Admittedly, over the years I've been a Camaro fan; the 1969 Z28 DZ302 is, IMO, the nicest Camaro and the baddest mouse motor that Chevrolet ever built. Problem was, I never could afford one. I might be able to swing one today, but for that money I'd rather drop $30k on the new 400 horse SS. Anyway, between the three retro muscle cars, I just think that the 'Stang is truer to it's roots than the new Camaro or the new Challenger, although the Challenger looks awesome. I am one that appreciates muscle, regardless of who builds it. I owned a '68 Formula S Barracuda back in the day, and that little 340 was a rocket. All that said, I like the looks of my S197, it has decent power with decent gas mileage, and it brings me full circle back to Mustang after 36 years.
Colorado Pony: I was too young for the Nam, but I am retired Navy (81-02). Welcome home, and thank you!
MetallicMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont

When I turned 15 I started looking for a cool car to drive to school. That being said I noticed and bought my first Mustang a 1967 coupe for $2,500, that I still own to this day 16 years later. I have owned many Mustangs over the years 4 bangers to V8's. I currently own 3 and I'm showing no signs of stopping!

02 GT 5 spd. Best 1/4 12.28 @ 112mph
67mustang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang97 View Post
When I turned 15 I started looking for a cool car to drive to school. That being said I noticed and bought my first Mustang a 1967 coupe for $2,500, that I still own to this day 16 years later. I have owned many Mustangs over the years 4 bangers to V8's. I currently own 3 and I'm showing no signs of stopping!
Absolutely nothing wrong with that! I hope to own quite a few myself.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 10-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00

i owned a 89 4 cylinder it sucked i was always getting hit had a hit and run didnt have a car for 5 months i now own a 2000 v6 im a mustang fan and always will be
00STANG00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Ive owned 3 mustangs, had the chance to get one back but couldnt.. tried to get the second back but the owner didnt want to sell. I hope to not have to sell my current or any others unless I want to.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I used to see my old 85 GT driving around town, the kid who bought it ruined it. Really sucked to see it go down hill... I say hold on to em as long as you can, even if you have to put them in storage.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Yah mine will go off to storage this weekend. I'll prep it for storage and it won't see pavement until next year when the salt's gone. I hate to put it away for such a long time and still pay full insurance on it, but it's definitely better for it and keeps peace in mind.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Can't you drop your insurance down to just comprehensive? I do and it saves me a ton of money.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang97 View Post
Can't you drop your insurance down to just comprehensive? I do and it saves me a ton of money.
I could, but I found out it cheaper and easier to have it on occasional driver...I'm still fully covered in case something happens and it's much cheaper for me (20yr old).

Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #68

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Hopefully this isn't a repost, if it is let me know...hell, just delete the damn thing

What drew you to the mustang, this can be your first mustang, your most recent mustang, or any mustang in between. There has been a selection of cars to choose from over the past 20 years...so it'd be interesting to know what made you buy it.
My roommate a few years ago had a fox body gt and then sold that and bought an 89 notchback xchip. Started working on it although it had a ton of work already under the hood and kinda got the nitch for mustangs since then. Now I just bought a 96 cobra which will be my second mustang.
sp1ke24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:34 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00

how much yall paying i got full coverage and pay bout 250
00STANG00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

On occasional driver I'm paying around $116 a month. Before when I was in high school, it was around $943 for every 6 months...and that was with the good student discount and family discount.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion