How did you come to drive mustang??? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00
Re: How did you come to drive mustang???

damn wish i was paying that much i have 2 speeding tickets on my record lol well thats what they found
00STANG00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00STANG00 View Post
damn wish i was paying that much i have 2 speeding tickets on my record lol well thats what they found
Yah speeding tickets suck ***...I got one back when I was 16, but I got lucky and it really didn't affect my insurance.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Yah speeding tickets suck ***...I got one back when I was 16, but I got lucky and it really didn't affect my insurance.
how old are you now?
00STANG00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

I bought myself a Mustang for a couple of reasons. I think it's one of the best looking cars out on the road, it's also one of the best sounding...And also through high school and college I've gone though Honda after Honda and to tell you the truth, they're kind of boring. I would have gotten the V8 but right now I can't afford the insurance so I'll stick with the V6 for now.
Bstang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00STANG00 View Post
how old are you now?

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

cool cool thought u where a lot older
Old 11-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #77

Region: Alaska
Talking Re: How did you come to drive mustang???

Back when I was in high school I was into Mopar and Chargers particularly. Meet a guy intown that had a 1966 GT350 and wanted one ever since, financianlly it just wasn't happening so being as I joined the Navy and now had a family to support my hotrod days looked like a distant memory in the rear view. But now I'm in my 50's and can afford a few toys and the daughter talked me into getting a 2006, that car I really liked because of the retro styling and so for a project I picked up a 1968 Coupe that is just a shell, figured I'd take a couple of years and make a deceint street car out of her but just had not made much head way as the wife and I can't seem to agree on a lot of things like engine, trans, color, interior so the debate goes on. I picked up a 1966 coupe that is almost stock just in about 5000 piecies so another project started. Then I saw a 1965 2+2 advertised locally, thougth what the heck it's probably already sold, well it didn't and two weeks later I picked it up for my birthday and this year the 2010 was sitting on the show room floor, daughter worked for the dealer at that time and called said I had to come look at it and when I saw that Red Candy Metallic paint I was sold. Of course this was again around the time of my birthday so next year I'm staying away from anything related to vehicles in June, just getting too expensive getting older.
rudedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

[QUOTE=rudedawg;651545]the wife and I can't seem to agree on a lot of things like engine, trans, color, interior so the debate goes on. QUOTE]

Well, since you've picked-up a few more cars now.....you have some room to compromise with the wifey. " Honey, we'll do anything you want on this one. But THIS one......this one will be done MY way!"
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #79

Region: Florida

Originally Iam ashamed to admit I was a chevy kid, but my older brother showed me the light & turned me onto ford. After driving around in a 94 camry the new body style mustang came out. One day after dinner, I strolled across the street to the local ford dealer, & fell in love with this satin silver 06. I really wanted that big v8 but insurance & driving 85 miles round trip to work detured me from the v8. I dont regret buying though I still want a V8.
SatinSilver2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver2006 View Post
Originally Iam ashamed to admit I was a chevy kid, but my older brother showed me the light & turned me onto ford. After driving around in a 94 camry the new body style mustang came out. One day after dinner, I strolled across the street to the local ford dealer, & fell in love with this satin silver 06. I really wanted that big v8 but insurance & driving 85 miles round trip to work detured me from the v8. I dont regret buying though I still want a V8.
Hey, nothing wrong with being a chevy guy at one time. I was in love with WS6 Trans ams for a while. I was going to buy one but couldn't find a decent one for under 18k. Everyone thought they were gold since GM axed them a year and a half before I started looking.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedawg View Post
Back when I was in high school I was into Mopar and Chargers particularly. Meet a guy intown that had a 1966 GT350 and wanted one ever since, financianlly it just wasn't happening so being as I joined the Navy and now had a family to support my hotrod days looked like a distant memory in the rear view. But now I'm in my 50's and can afford a few toys and the daughter talked me into getting a 2006, that car I really liked because of the retro styling and so for a project I picked up a 1968 Coupe that is just a shell, figured I'd take a couple of years and make a deceint street car out of her but just had not made much head way as the wife and I can't seem to agree on a lot of things like engine, trans, color, interior so the debate goes on. I picked up a 1966 coupe that is almost stock just in about 5000 piecies so another project started. Then I saw a 1965 2+2 advertised locally, thougth what the heck it's probably already sold, well it didn't and two weeks later I picked it up for my birthday and this year the 2010 was sitting on the show room floor, daughter worked for the dealer at that time and called said I had to come look at it and when I saw that Red Candy Metallic paint I was sold. Of course this was again around the time of my birthday so next year I'm staying away from anything related to vehicles in June, just getting too expensive getting older.
awsome, live the dream man!
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver2006 View Post
chevys are good cars bro, and i feel you on wanting that v8 lol i still want one too lol
Old 11-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
dude your 20! wtf i thought you were my age or older lol you sure dont Write like a 20 year old. or sound like one from you tone in messages.

you must be a mature 20 lol
Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #84
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

The thing about V6 vs V8 mustangs... you guys have it in grained that they are SO much better.. when in reality its not THAT much... after about two-three weeks the newness wears off and during normal daily driving the sound is about the only difference other than getting on the interstate lol.

Just hang in there and get one down the road.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
dude your 20! wtf i thought you were my age or older lol you sure dont Write like a 20 year old. or sound like one from you tone in messages.

you must be a mature 20 lol
lol, well I have switched my major to writing intensive English, so that may be part of it

Old 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
The thing about V6 vs V8 mustangs... you guys have it in grained that they are SO much better.. when in reality its not THAT much... after about two-three weeks the newness wears off and during normal daily driving the sound is about the only difference other than getting on the interstate lol.

Just hang in there and get one down the road.
i will take your word for it
Old 11-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol, well I have switched my major to writing intensive English, so that may be part of it
its not just that, although im sure thats part of it. it has alot to do with your mannerisms.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #88
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you really should start some sort of business.... since a major in english really isnt good for any job lol.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Except if you want to be an English teacher :chin:
Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstang03 View Post
Except if you want to be an English teacher :chin:
Hell no, I couldn't teach kids, of any age lol. There's a lot you can do with an English major...many different jobs in the business area, as well as editing/writing for advertising, marketing, and publishing agencies. I may also look into grad school. Getting a job with a mechanical engineering degree (which I was originally going for) would be a lot easier, but that wasn't working out, so...here I am.

My hopes are to eventually start up some sort of business...automotive related would be ideal...we'll see how this economy does in 10-20 years.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome I'm a finance major so give me a call someday if you need a financial advisor!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome I'm a finance major so give me a call someday if you need a financial advisor!
Sounds good, I'm sure I'll need one!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you wanna be a financial advisor huh.....where you wanna work?
do you intern now.

sorry im only asking because a life time ago i was a financia advisor for Morgan stanely and then Meryil linch. got my series 7 and 63
Old 11-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hell no, I couldn't teach kids, of any age lol. There's a lot you can do with an English major...many different jobs in the business area, as well as editing/writing for advertising, marketing, and publishing agencies. I may also look into grad school. Getting a job with a mechanical engineering degree (which I was originally going for) would be a lot easier, but that wasn't working out, so...here I am.

My hopes are to eventually start up some sort of business...automotive related would be ideal...we'll see how this economy does in 10-20 years.
bro if you become the editor of like hustler magazine could you send me free mags lol THANKs man! good looken out! lol hahahah

on a serious note you could do alot with that. publishing houses always need people like that. there are alot of BIG ones here in NYC. good luck.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know for sure what I want to do with my degree but one of the reasons I chose Finance is because there are a lot of different things you can do with it. I've thought about going into banking or any old firm can use someone that knows something about financing.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
bro if you become the editor of like hustler magazine could you send me free mags lol THANKs man! good looken out! lol hahahah

on a serious note you could do alot with that. publishing houses always need people like that. there are alot of BIG ones here in NYC. good luck.
Will do, lol, I would be tickled pink if I became the editor of a magazine like that.
Thanks man, I'll keep NYC in mind. I'm hoping I'll land some sort of job...gotta pay off these loans!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #97
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Will do, lol, I would be tickled pink if I became the editor of a magazine like that.
Thanks man, I'll keep NYC in mind. I'm hoping I'll land some sort of job...gotta pay off these loans!
Even better, you might be tickling pink... :chin::dunno:

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Even better, you might be tickling pink...

Old 11-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #99

Well i love Mustang because of the brand its looks and the price.
perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't know for sure what I want to do with my degree but one of the reasons I chose Finance is because there are a lot of different things you can do with it. I've thought about going into banking or any old firm can use someone that knows something about financing.
just be sure you like working with numbers day in and day out. also understand the atmosphere and enviorment for finance is NOT a freindly one. it is extreamly competive and most of your co workers will be major ducebags! lol

i know been there and done it for 4 years. atleast i figured out what i DIDNT want to do with my life lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion