Dilema... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Dilema...

So i have a huge dilema. I can either get me a 72 mustang project, 351C, auto. Turns over, not running needs body work, floor pans, etc, though def not shot. Or i can get my T5 with bell,clutch,flywheel,block plate,pedals, shifter. I hate decisions. $400 for either Unfortunatly getting both is not an option at this point. And if i get the 72 all upgrades on the GT will be on hold for quite some time.

Waiting for more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	20862  
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Dilema...

If the 351 is decent I'd go for that and swap it into the GT lol.

I guess I'd base if off how much time/money you think you'd have for the 72 in the future. Because you know if you have both cars, your going to want to spend money on both of them. It'd make a nice project car, though I'll be honest, I was never a huge fan of that body style.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I say look for a fastback that style and do that. Ive seen many 1971-1973 fastbacks around here for $400-$700.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

if it was a 69 or somethin i would say go for it, but that is kinda hard... i would say swap the 351 to your current mustang, but it would be easier if it was a 351w instead of the c... don't really know man... depends on which you'd rather have. also, will your auto tranny old up long enough to get this project car running so you can have at least one running car the whole time? i don't know if you have any other rides, but that would be on my list since i have a lack of cars available to me.

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

all valid points I've been thinking about. I do have a a ranger I can drive just in case. These are my 2nd favorite mustang style. If it was a 69 or 70 there wouldn't be any question. I would push the damn thing home if I had to lol. He can't get more pictures for some reason??? and I would have to file for lost title. says he bought it without but has all the previous owners signed papers to get the title. Its in a different state so its not like I can just stroll up and look at it then come home and think. Thee is also the possibility of getting it running and looking ok then finding a 69-70 but that's not a guarantee . hmmm
Old 07-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yah tough call man. What's the purpose of the T5 in the GT? Just for ****s or you plan on building the engine up later and prefer the manual tranny.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 07-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Little of both It started because of the troubles with my transmission. But to be honest i prob would have done it anyway, this just gives me an excuse for the wife to do it quicker But ya, i wanna build a 351 for in the future. Nothing crazy just a nice street car with an occasional trip to the strip. I'd be happy with 300-350 rwhp i think.

On a side note. Talked to the guy some more and it turns out there is a few small holes in frame, one of the shock towers needs to be replaced as well as the body rail where the fender mounts too. Its a car for a much richer man or something to pull out the drivetrain and send to the bone yard So I'm going with the T5, wich doesn't break my heart
Old 07-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yah, if he said that there are holes in the frame, I'd let it go as well. I'm sure there are more issues with the car that you'd find after you buy it. Besides, you'll be enjoying the T5 and forget all about that 72.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:07 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

that is the choice i would make as well

Quote:
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

i would by it part it out on e-bay and keep the 351 to build and send the rest to the bone yard.
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

well its a 351C... so i don't know if that would really be worth it, i'm set on a windsor though, it might be worth it to some.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion