squeak noise from front of engine. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Blkness is unknown around these parts
squeak noise from front of engine.

For the Past month i've had a awful squeak in my engine. so as the most likely cause i replaced first the belt, then the tenisoner, then harmonic balancer and hb pulley. i test drove the car everytime after each replacement and everytime the car wouldn't make the noise for a day or so. reading some forums and concluded it could be the idler pulley. once again the squeak came back. at this point 250 bucks down and no fix my freaking engine light comes on.... never good. went to my friends house and the code reader said pistons 2 and 6 were mis-firing. okay bought new spark plugs and sp wires. fixed the problem but the squeak was even worse!! at this point i am getting super pissed and once again looked on the forums couldnt find anything, went to a ford mechanic and told me it was probably the A/C pulley bearing... upon fixing that the squeak come back and at this point i'm almost ready to junk my stang and downgrade to a honda civic(reliable). I take the car to my friend who is a mechanic... in about five minutes takes one look at it and concludes its the "Ford Mustang Camshaft Synchronizer" pictured as an attachment. It is located on the front of the engine block. $291 with labor but my friend said most commonly in the 3.8 3.9l models. the part could be replaced yourself but since it was already there i just let him do it. so this is just an fyi for any stang owners that cant figure out the squeak... here is a fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camshaft_position_sensor_with_synchro-ford_freestar_689-100.jpg
Views:	1509
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	20989  

Old 09-11-2009, 03:58 AM   #2

josiahes is unknown around these parts
Send a message via MSN to josiahes
Re: squeak noise from front of engine.

wow, that's an expensive lesson! thanks for the info man, I've got a squeak and I'll have to see if that's what is causing it!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

SpectorV is just getting started.
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

good, if it was that honda it would have cost you 3 times as much when it was all said and done, lol and they also have issues glad yours is fixed.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Blkness is unknown around these parts

i am too.
CAI with turbonator, Blk Cobra Rims(17x9frt, 10.5r), Plate BLKNES, Internal+external blue neons w/music interface, Blk MUSTANG letters r.bumper, Alpine Flip Out deck,(4 Rockford Fosgate 120RMS speakers, 4 way RF 600RMS Amp, 12" Audiopipe Sub 600RMS w/custom box, Mono Kicker 600RMS amp, kept mach tweeters), Blk Grille Mustang, Halo Headlights w/10K bulbs, SCT 9600, flowmaster dual exhaust. Soon to come; Short Throw Shifter, 3.73 gears with TLOK.
Blkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion