1996 interior question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
1996 interior question

Recently brought back to life a 1996 mustang convert, it needs some attention to the interior. It needs some other seats and a few other interior pieces. I was wondering what all years will interchange with a 1996, as far as a complete interior swap. I have been looking at some complete salvage cars, I just don't want to buy one and find out half the stuff does not fit. I believe that 1996 3.8 engine is year specific?
Thanks for any help, steven

fre2rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
I liek gramer
Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: 1996 interior question

aside from some minor differences around the e-brake/cupholder area, I can't think of any other differences on the interior from 94-98.

Wouldn't hurt to double check though...

WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

The interior is the same from '94-04 besides some changes through the years such as cup holders and the radio bezel. Not sure the specific year but the rear defroster was also moved from left of the speedo gauge to under the radio. A few harnesses might be different but he pieces themselves should physically fit and could probably even be adapted slightly if need be.

I usually break up the years into the '94-95, '96-98, '99-00 and '01-04 even though they are all built on the same body - SN95.
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
OsirisGuy is correct
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Alabama

Hmm......so if I wanted the console with cup holders, what year would i need to be looking for? My 96 has the cup holder that pops out of the armrest/console compartment....and the damned thing gets in the way of the e-brake. I dont really need the ash tray, all I use it for is to hold change and my lighter, so i'd much rather have a good cup holder. I assume all of the front seats would swap,also? I can't decide if i want to order the "fitted" leather covers, or just find a newer set of leather seats, before mine get too ragged.
1996 GT, 5-speed, Moonlight Blue, Opal Gray leather, Flowmaster Cat-Back exhaust (Delta 40 series), BBK cold air intake & 75mm TBI, Super Chips programmer.
Originally Posted by 67mustang97 View Post
outlawfrog is probably right
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion