black or white mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #1

black or white mustang

what do you prefer: black or white 2009 GT mustang.
PLS consider these:
long lasting painting (for years)
easy cleaning care
easy repaint
nice looking for going out at night, as sport car, as going to office and show.

If you only have to choose 1, black or white?
With stripes (what color) or not?
mustangv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: black or white mustang

black. for the stripes i would go with a red, or dark red 10 inch stripes. it doesnt matter really what kind of paint you get to last, if its a stock paint then itll last pretty long. then only problem with a car that isnt white is that it will fade faster.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

White...ages alot better. Black will show age and every scratch and ding.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Ive had both white and black.I would chose black,but im keep my cars super clean all the time.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

White shows dirt very well and you have to clean it really good but black when you wax its more likely you will see swirl marks. If i had to pick tho i would get black with either grey silver or white stripes.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah

IMO black looks really nice with any color striping. White, blue, red, yellow, silver, orange all look nice. pretty much whatever your favorite color is. (go black with pink hahahaha) havnt seen green striping though. as for white stangs, they look really nice with black accents. black rims, striping, fuel door, louvers, etc.
blue-saleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

No stripes for me.I like the less is more concept.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

You picked the two worst colors for those considerations
White shows all the dirt and ****, black is a ***** to keep looking clean...

I"ll take black over white any day...black murdered out (black or black w/ chrome rims, tinted lights/windows, etc.) is pretty sweet looking imo.

Though stripes aren't really my cup of tea either, I do like some combinations - white with black stripes vice versa for these two colors

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think that there is a better "mean" color than black, but I'll never own another black vehicle. Shows all dirt, pollen, etc. Swirl marks show easily. It's just too hard to keep clean as a daily driver. Not to mention the heat attracting properties if you live in the sun belt. I've not been a fan of white much either, but there are some vehicles that look good in white. I would've bought a white '08 Mustang instead of my Vapor one, but I was beaten to it by someone else. It was white, no stripes, with bright red leather interior. Absolutely gorgeous. If you go white, blue stripes would give it the old school Shelby GT350 look.
MetallicMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
I don't think that there is a better "mean" color than black, but I'll never own another black vehicle. Shows all dirt, pollen, etc. Swirl marks show easily. It's just too hard to keep clean as a daily driver. Not to mention the heat attracting properties if you live in the sun belt. I've not been a fan of white much either, but there are some vehicles that look good in white. I would've bought a white '08 Mustang instead of my Vapor one, but I was beaten to it by someone else. It was white, no stripes, with bright red leather interior. Absolutely gorgeous. If you go white, blue stripes would give it the old school Shelby GT350 look.
Great advice here. Yesterday I went to see some mustang and one was black, it was nice but I could see dust on it also it was outdoor and it was really hot inside might be the color attracting the sun heat. Also black really looks agressive like a sport car for racing rather than a classic car. So I might pick the white mustang with leather seat. I ve also check collectable cars like the Ford GT and other old mustang in a magazine, most are white rather than black but have blue, red or dark grey strips. My conclusion will be if you want a race car, black is outstanding but if you want a car as investment that youll keep for 10 years min, white is perfect. I also notice that black fades more after years compare to white color. I plan to buy my car as a collectible item for coming years and will not drive daily, another important thing is keeping it original, no adding or changing parts for performances because in 20 years all genuine cars like classic cars sells more easilly than modified ones according to magazines and books.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if you plan to want a car thats easy to clean and look good longer do NOT buy black. It is the hardest car to take care of... you wont understand until you own one. If you are not ok with washing it very good and getting it perfect then it being back dirty in 3 hours... dont buy black.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
if you plan to want a car thats easy to clean and look good longer do NOT buy black. It is the hardest car to take care of... you wont understand until you own one. If you are not ok with washing it very good and getting it perfect then it being back dirty in 3 hours... dont buy black.
Another great comment, I never had a black car and I can trust in what you say. Maybe some people here owning a black car can confirm this.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangv6 View Post
Another great comment, I never had a black car and I can trust in what you say. Maybe some people here owning a black car can confirm this.
I've owned 2 black mustangs, 91 LX & 96 GT & will never own one again unless it's given to me. Worst of all was the Mystic 96 Cobra I use to own.
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hell, my sonic blue is a pain in the ***. Not as bad as black, but sure is a hassle for the color. All the dirt and debris shows (I can't stand a dirty car), and it's hot as hell in the car too when it sits in the sun. But...for the awesomeness of the color, I'll make it

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 01-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

black rules!

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
black rules!
Black is a great color...I like it on just about any car, especially mustangs. But you have to do it right. I like the way yours looks, clean and straight to the point. I hate when people put stickers and decals and white paint and side stripes all over the car...two racing stripes are about the only thing other than black that works for me on a black car.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #17

humm.. still hesitating picking witch mustang to choose from:
The black is I agree outstanding compare to white color specially when you tint glasses in black and add black rims but like other says above difficult to care and clean it. Also this black mustang have been on the road since 2008 with 19000 miles but seats are not leather.

The white is easy to clean it and aged less than black but have 30000 miles and have been on the road since 2007, seats are leather.

What to choose? Same price for both, I'm still undecided!

Pictures below are just to see what color to choose they are not current cars I'm buying:

Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

i like both black and white. everyone is right on the upkeep on a black car as well as white.
i think black would either need to me murdered out or look real clean on chrome wheels. as to white, i see a nice low, clean, white car with chrome wheels looks the best
on a side note, i'm not a big fan of the 05+ mustangs and the two you just posted would need some work, fast in my opinion. you cant go wrong either way, it's just a matter of how much you are willing to do for your car to look good.
-2003 White Mustang GT 4.6L Auto- Slp Long Tube Headers, SLP X-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Mufflers, K&N FIPK Intake, BBK HFA Fuel Rails, Venom 24lb Injectors, SCT Chip/Tune, Shift Kit, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Custom Two-Tone Black&White Leather Interior.
nyalsdgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #19

Region: Idaho

I had a black vehicle and it drove me crazy trying to keep it clean not to mention how hot they get in the summer, go with the white, JMO
Old 01-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

black that ***** out yo. go for black and do what i did.. add a sick chin, big black rims, tint. looks sooo stealthy. also took off the ford tag in the back... shorty black antena. its mean lookin

also if you bought black one id suggest taking off the white stripes on the sides. blacker the better

its going to be fine paint wise. just dont be lazy about keeping it clean

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #21

Region: Idaho

One other thing about White it goes with any color combo you can think of for exterior and interior mods
Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBy U View Post
One other thing about White it goes with any color combo you can think of for exterior and interior mods
so does black=]

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

white with chrome rima looks good but then again on a new body style the black with two white racing stripes looks hard bro! im weird for some reason i need to see what rims are going on it before i can choose a color!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
white with chrome rima looks good but then again on a new body style the black with two white racing stripes looks hard bro! im weird for some reason i need to see what rims are going on it before i can choose a color!
^i agree!
-2003 White Mustang GT 4.6L Auto- Slp Long Tube Headers, SLP X-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Mufflers, K&N FIPK Intake, BBK HFA Fuel Rails, Venom 24lb Injectors, SCT Chip/Tune, Shift Kit, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Custom Two-Tone Black&White Leather Interior.
nyalsdgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion