New Plans - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
New Plans

So I was driving home from lunch yesterday when I exited the highway and this woman in a brand new lexus decided she was not going to speed up nor slow down to get into my lane. Long story short, I ended up turned around in the gravel.

Later that night I was driving to the post office with my windows down and I heard a lot of squeaking coming from my suspension. I heard this when i first bought the car since it was used but it has gotten a lot worse.

My current plans were to buy 18x9 and 18x10 chrome dd fr500s with 275/295s but I've decided to put that on hold for the time being.

New Plan:
-Full suspension, I'm talking about doing it all.
-18x9 & 18x10 chrome dd fr500s
-275/35/18 & 295/35/18 bfg gf kdws
-Grill delete.
-Mach 1 chin spoiler. (If I keep my GT bumper)
-03/04 Cobra front bumper.
-Replace rear bumper
-Paint the front bumper,rear bumper, and chin spoiler as well as a respray of the entire car.
-I'm debating on either getting a cowl induction hood and spraying that white as well or getting the mach 1 hood with the shaker system buttt i would paint the shaker white as well.
-Debating whether to paint between the taillights, the little indention on the rear bumper, and the mustang letters black or not.
-Cams
-Pulleys
-New Tune
-Whatever else i can think of till the time comes.

I want my car to come out looking real clean, low, sounding great, and performing even better. I found this picture on google, this is pretty much what i want my car to look like, still debating the black accents and spoiler though.

Any thoughts on what else should be done? Preferences? It's going to be a lot, but I've already put a good amount into it, might as well finish it off all at once.
-2003 White Mustang GT 4.6L Auto- Slp Long Tube Headers, SLP X-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Mufflers, K&N FIPK Intake, BBK HFA Fuel Rails, Venom 24lb Injectors, SCT Chip/Tune, Shift Kit, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Custom Two-Tone Black&White Leather Interior.
nyalsdgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: New Plans

Sounds like you're doing a full makeover on that *****, lol.

I'd contact John at NQS Performance (site sponsor) about suspension, he'll get you everything you need for a great price.

As far as the exterior mods, I like the look you're going for...that sleek yet aggressive or musclular look is always the best look for a 99-04 GT IMO. The cowl hood would be nice, plus if you decide to throw on a m112 or something requiring a larger hood, you're all set.

The mach 1 hood/shaker is more of a cosmetic improvement than a performance improvement. It is expensive when you consider the cost of the shaker system, hood, and paint. But it is an aggressive feature, so if you want that look, go for it. I have not seen a painted shaker scoop, so that'd be interesting...I've seen a chrome one, and it looked out of place.

Only do the chin spoiler if you keep the GT bumper. The cobra bumper has its own chin spoiler that you'll need. The paint between the taillights would be different also, not sure on that one, would have to see a pic.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Haha yeah, a full makeover is right. Thanks for the name drop, when it comes time to do the whole thing, i will for sure contact him!

And for the sleek aggressive look, that's EXACTLY what i want. The cowl hood i'm almost 99% sure on, the shaker was just a quick thought and like you said, reallllyy pricey hah.

And i agree with you on the mach 1 chin spoiler, i would only do that if i keep the gt front bumper which i doubt im going to do.
and i posted a picture with the paint between the taillights but i also doubt im going to do that, i really want the clean sleek look.

on a side note..."m112"?
-2003 White Mustang GT 4.6L Auto- Slp Long Tube Headers, SLP X-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Mufflers, K&N FIPK Intake, BBK HFA Fuel Rails, Venom 24lb Injectors, SCT Chip/Tune, Shift Kit, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Custom Two-Tone Black&White Leather Interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalsdgt View Post
on a side note..."m112"?
The m112 is the eaton supercharger that came stock on the 03/04 cobras. Some guys like to throw them on GT's as well as some v6's. Usually the addition of the m112 requires a different hood with more clearance...cowl hoods are perfect! I've seen one guy use the stock GT hood/scoop with the supercharger on a v6. He cut out a section for the supercharger and placed the scoop over it...clever, but probably not good in rain or dusty conditions.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha yeah, a full makeover is right. Thanks for the name drop, when it comes time to do the whole thing, i will for sure contact him!

And for the sleek aggressive look, that's EXACTLY what i want. The cowl hood i'm almost 99% sure on, the shaker was just a quick thought and like you said, reallllyy pricey hah.

And i agree with you on the mach 1 chin spoiler, i would only do that if i keep the gt front bumper which i doubt im going to do.
and i posted a picture with the paint between the taillights but i also doubt im going to do that, i really want the clean sleek look.
Yah, just PM John at NQS, he responds right away with prices...
Definitely keep us updated as you go...sounds like she'll be a pretty badass ride when you get done with her

Old 01-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
The m112 is the eaton supercharger that came stock on the 03/04 cobras. Some guys like to throw them on GT's as well as some v6's. Usually the addition of the m112 requires a different hood with more clearance...cowl hoods are perfect! I've seen one guy use the stock GT hood/scoop with the supercharger on a v6. He cut out a section for the supercharger and placed the scoop over it...clever, but probably not good in rain or dusty conditions.
well with that supercharger wouldnt i have to build my engine?

thanks for the name again, and i will for sure keep everyone updated, the vision i have in my head is perfect. it wont be done prob till august because im a struggling student hahaha.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well with that supercharger wouldnt i have to build my engine?

thanks for the name again, and i will for sure keep everyone updated, the vision i have in my head is perfect. it wont be done prob till august because im a struggling student hahaha.
Yah you would definitely have to build the engine. It is basically a pump, not a compressor like the whipples or other twin screws, so it produces a serious amount of heat which is hard on non forged internals and actually becomes somewhat inefficient.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Terminator side skirts sir. They make a huge difference.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

is that one of the cobra hoods or is it just a cowl hood?
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
is that one of the cobra hoods or is it just a cowl hood?
no it's just a cowl hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
Terminator side skirts sir. They make a huge difference.
i'll def look into those, i didnt even think about it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Yah you would definitely have to build the engine. It is basically a pump, not a compressor like the whipples or other twin screws, so it produces a serious amount of heat which is hard on non forged internals and actually becomes somewhat inefficient.

yeah i thought i would have to. i might as well since im going to put cams in anyways.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion