Track times - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:59 AM   #1

Track times

Went to the track today, finally. It was a disaster though. I don't know how may cars were there, seemed like 200 or more. I had to wait in line for the tech inspection for close to an hour. Finally got in line and someone hit the wall and shut the track down for another 2 hours or so. So I only got 2 runs, one N/A and one with the spray. The first run I accidentally staged too deep and had to back up and ended up with red light, -.038. If I had staged shallow it would have been a near perfect light, oh well. I did a small burnout and powerbrake. I spun a little off the line(with some wheel hop) and then took off. Ended up with a 15.1 which I was slightly diappointed with. I lost to an SRT-4(that was running slicks mind you!). With a little more practice I'm sure I could have gotten into the 14s. The second run was with the nitrous. I staged ok this time but I didn't rev as much at the line. I had kind of a bad reaction time this run, guess I was thinking too much about the nitrous switch and not enough about the tree. Very little wheel spin, as soon as I was sure I was hooked up, I hit the nitrous. I ended up with a 14.2@98MPH. I beat a Pontiac GXP somethingorother. I think I could have launched a little harder and maybe hit the nitrous sooner and could have gotten into the 13s easily with a little more track time. It was a very frustrating day, we were there for 5 hours and only got to run twice. I almost left before I got to run. The worst part of the whole day was when, after waiting for hours to run, 9 brand new Porsches pulled up into an empty lane bypassing all of the other cars. They didn't have to wait at all. I guess they paid extra. Must be nice.
Anyways, with all that time waiting, I got to meet a few of the other racers. There were several brand new Mustang GTs, including a yellow Steeda. One of the GT guys(Jeff? pretty cool guy) was running mid to high 14s. I would have beaten him, heh. There were a bunch of nice cars there, and a bunch of SERIOUS cars there! The nicest one though had to be the brand new Ford GT. It was red with white stripes, super sweet ride. We talked to the owner and the car was stock except for headers, a smaller pulley for the SC and a tune. He had his own driver, and he was running 11.1 at 134MPH. He was really taking it easy though, it was an easy 10 second car. The track told him if he went over 135MPH(or was it under 11 seconds?) he'd need a full roll cage. The guy tried to argue that the GT had an intergral roll cage and were made for racing(which is true).
Enough of my rambling, here's the time slips. I'm car number 390, right lane on both runs. Be kind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	track times2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	12190  
Zex: remote bottle opener, bottle heater, purge kit
Best track time: 14.2@98MPH
---------SOON------------
Powerhouse CHE LCAs
BlackLX4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: Track times

how big of a shot were you spraying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Thats impressive for 75HP shot Jimp, and your first time out this season. I think you can dip into the 13's with practice, then up the shot.

Well done man!!!
Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 11.67@115.45, 1.64 60ft w/5.4 3V
Best 1/8: 7.401@92.77, 1.65 60ft w/5.4 3V
Rygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 12:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
how big of a shot were you spraying?
Just a 75 shot. I'm going to get a dyno tune with a higher shot soon.
Zex: remote bottle opener, bottle heater, purge kit
Best track time: 14.2@98MPH
---------SOON------------
Powerhouse CHE LCAs
BlackLX4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

not bad times, i know you could do a little better in the 60 also and that would help also.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

nice,

as far as the ford gt lol... drive the car yourself, thats all the fun...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion