A few questions. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Region: Canada
Send a message via ICQ to QuickShotSims Send a message via MSN to QuickShotSims
A few questions.

Hey everyone,

I am looking at pulling the trigger and getting a 2011 v6. I have always been a huge fan of mustangs. This car will be my DD, only thing is I am in sales, so i do a lot of driving on gravel roads and winter driving as well as highway too, I also need to get my 7 year old and 5 year old in the back when the wife has the other vehicle.

So my questions are

1) how much room is inside the car? is there enough room for my kids to sit in the back? I'm 5'5" tall so i have short legs. They use small booster seats for about another 6months to a year then they will be in regular seats.

2) how will do the mustangs perform in winter time? if i have a good set of winter tires on it and add some extra weight into the trunk will it be ok in the winter time?

Thanks for any info you guys/gals can share with me.

QuickShotSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Re: A few questions.

1) I personally haven't had any experience with child seats or children in my mustang, but I've heard they do support booster seats just fine. Also, mustangs are known for excellent crash ratings in their category. General consensus around here is that the back is a no no for adults, that simple. But for small children it is possible. Someone with first hand experience will probably chime in.

2) Mustangs can perform just fine in the winter if they're prepped properly. The 2011 comes with the limited slip and traction control standard I believe, so that will help a lot. If you throw some weight over the rear axle in the trunk (a couple of sand tubes from the hardware store will do the trick), that'll help with traction on ice and slopes. The most important prep modification is good snow tires. Blizzaks, Continentals, basically any high rated snow tire, studded or non studded (depending on your conditions) will work fine. It is better to put them on all 4 wheels, not just the rear ones. You want to have good grip in the front when turning on snow and ice.

Also, make sure your car is properly maintained before and during the more harsh weather. Engine, transmission, drivetrain and body maintenance are all key for the car surviving through the winters. I know many people who drive their ponys all year long. I live in central wisconsin and it gets pretty hairy sometimes...but they take the necessary steps and are just fine.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Region: Canada
Send a message via ICQ to QuickShotSims Send a message via MSN to QuickShotSims

perfect thanks for the headsup.
I was planning on having winter rubber/rims on all 4 corners, then summer rubber/rims.

I hope a few others can chime in for the kids in the back seat bit. They won't be in the back very often but the times that they will be, need to make sure if im going to get one, they need to fit lol. When i go to test drive i will be bringing them with me to test that as well. Just wanted to hear others thoughts before i go to look as i can't go look till this summer.
QuickShotSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

The 2010s will be identical interior wise so go check one out. I know they improved the interior size a little from the 04 models. I have rode in my friends 08 with two people in the back seat, seems to work pretty good~ but it is a pony car which means it will be cramped a little.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion