New Shelby Mustang in the works - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
New Shelby Mustang in the works

There is a new shelby in the works for later this year. The details will be announce next week in their bold moves deal. I am predicting something like a NA 5.4 with 350-390 hp or something of the like. My guess is it will be an official Shelby GT-350 like shelby was working on ealier this year.

Shelby Mustang coming this year - 08/03/06 - The Detroit News Online

Quote:
Ford announced the new vehicle to dealers at meetings in Las Vegas this week. The automaker plans to formally announce the new Shelby Mustang next week in its online documentary that can be viewed on www. myboldmoves. com.

"We are working on the next new Shelby," Ford spokesman Jim Cain said. "We want to announce it in our Bold Moves documentary so we are keeping our cards close to the vest for now."
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise
Re: New Shelby Mustang in the works

Did you check out the Bold Moves site? This could actually be very interesting to keep tabs on.

It'll be very interesting to be able to sit in on meetings in Ford's board room...... some of the quotes from the Intro video:
- "We don't have a marketing problem. We've got a product problem."
- "I think polarizing sometimes is a good thing. Our problem in the past is that we've tried to appease everybody."

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise

Another good read on the future of FoMoCo. and some of the huge moves they're aparently looking at making in the near future to get their accounting numbers out of the red.

FORD WEIGHS DRASTIC MOVES - 08/03/06 - The Detroit News Online

An interesting piece of the story:

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

if I weren't broke and going back to school for my bachelors.. I'd want one haha
Old 08-04-2006, 02:10 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

a GT350 with a n/a 5.4L/4v/6spd combo priced at around 30k(35k after stealership markup) will definately help combat the price gap ford will have when comparing the Supercharged GT500(at 60k+) to the n/a 450hp Challenger(35K) and n/a 400+hp Camar0 coming out(35k). ford needs something thats n/a and has lots of grunt, and IMO the 5.4L needs to get out into the norm, and the measly 4.6 needs to be phased out, it just doesnt have what it takes to compete in a hemi/ls1 world.

hell with a good enough n/a platform, it could bring buyers like me(who are looking forward to real n/a modern muscle like the challenger/camaro coming to make it their next purchase) back into ford loyalty. 5.4L/4v/6spd is my dream combo, a torquey muscle car that still can breathe past 5k, and is fun as hell to whip around(6spds pwn), and has the displacement to compete with up-and-coming motor setups.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:12 AM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

They better make the damn thing lighter if they are going to go with a 5.4

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'm womdering if one of my friends got to drive one of the prototypes... he was in detroit doing some stuff with work and ended up getting to drive what they referred to as a shelby gt 350....but it was a manual...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion