light bodywork - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to nekronos
light bodywork

I've had a few dents on the car for awhile (most from a previous owner) nothing too bad, but I'd like to fix them up.

One in particular I think I could do myself is a dent in the passenger door. Is it possible to simply remove the door panel and pop that dent out from the inside? or some other manner? Another dent on the rear fenderwell (i'm guessing that would be harder than just popping it out as it looks hard to get to), I'll post some pics later when I can.

I also have heavy scratches/ paint tore 90% from highway debris on the passenger side, I figured I could sand down the rough spots and just spray paint over it and then touch up the smaller spots with touch up paint. Atleast for a temp solution to make it less noticeable.. I'm guessing it would need a new paint job eventually to do it justice as there are tiny spots all over from berries off a tree that tore the paint off, my car has been hit in the parking lot, and been keyed while at work (hell even when i parked at school someone tore my driver side mirror off) my poor car .

this is all on the passenger side, a bunch of crap came off a trailer when I was on the highway.. dodged most but not all of it

bottom half of the door

top half

rear fender

midsection of the door
nekronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: light bodywork

A lot of those dents could be removed fairly cheaply by a good paintless dent repair company/person

The scratches however.. Spray paint is an inherently bad idea.. Touch up paint and a good amount of detailing material + elbow grease can help minimize the effect but.. Maybe someone good with auto body can chip in here.. I don't think you'll get a lot of that out without paint
Old 05-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah the dents could be repaired fairly easily...but the scratches are a different issue. Anything beyond the clearcoat isn't going away without some major work.

Most of those products on the shelf ~ Nu finish, Scratch X 2.0 etc. don't work worth a crap...at least for scratches that big. It might help reduce the appearance of the scuffs, but that's about it. A little bit of sanding and paint will make it look better, but as you said it should only be a temporary fix. I'd consider a repaint of either those panels/pieces or a complete repaint so the whole car will match.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to nekronos

yeah, think I'm going to sand some of those spots down and touch it up with paint. It will atleast look better than it currently does and minimize the damage. It will be at least a few years untill I can repaint the whole car, going to wait until i have a garage Wish i got the license plate of the ****** who's trailer this came off of, but it was a good several cars up and I could barely see it.
nekronos is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion