Jay Leno is the man!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Jay Leno is the man!!

I loved what he had to say when he saw the Boss 302. Im sick of getting my Car and Driver every month and hearing how great BMW is and how ****ty US cars are. C&D knocks on the GT500 for having a live axel, and yet in 03/04 when the cobra had IRS people *****ed cuz the rear end hopped down the track, equalling slower ET's. Then they knock on the CTS-V, the fastest production sedan. Euro cars are loaded with b/s nobody really needs, and jap cars really are **** execpt for the GT-R but for 85 grand one only gets 485 hp and 11.6 et, when for 30-some grand less one could get a GT500 with 550hp and have done 12.02 et, image what kind of mods one could do to the GT500 with 30grand? **** all their liberal hippie bull****!!
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
re: Jay Leno is the man!!

Car and Driver sucks! I've read it two times, and each time I feel it's 20 mins of my life I'll never have back. The two magazine subscriptions I have are Consumer Reports and Road and Track. I always like CR's take on cars. I also find Road and Track to be pretty much spot on. Everything I've heard about the CTS-V has been good. If you'd like some older copies of R&T I'd gladly send them to you instead of my recycling bin. I read Road and Track cover to cover 2x's. The editor at large has great some great stories, plus he drives a Bullitt Mustang and a 3 series.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij
Re: Jay Leno is the man!!

Hey you have to give BMW some credit. They really are nice cars and the M3 is amazing to drive. I prefer motortrend and road and track, but thats more the magazine. As for the mustang it holds up to most of the big names, but your talking about two completely different categories in cars, BMW is a badge, prestigious name with a super rich luxury sports history...where as the mustang has not really tried to compete in that market until now. Typically the mustang has been a good straight line car with little to no attention payed to the interior or handling, and this is coming from a fan since i can remember. Ford has made huge jumps over the past 5-10 years in both categories, so its only natural that it will start to be compared to the more luxury oriented track cars.

Motortrend has a M3 vrs Mustang comparison, where the Mustang almost beats the M3 on the track. Every other category Mustang wins, but barely gets beat at Willow Springs. Like i said, huge jumps, and they are only comparing a standard Mustang GT with Brembo Brakes, not the GT500

2011 BMW M3 Coupe vs. 2011 Ford Mustang GT Comparison - Motor Trend

As for japanese cars I would have to agree completely minus the nismo 370z, fell in love with a friends when I got to see him sling one around a little. But I would still take my mustang over it any day
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTibbij View Post
Hey you have to give BMW some credit. They really are nice cars and the M3 is amazing to drive.
Your right they deserve credit they are a completely different class. I like BMW a lot, I'd buy one in a heart beat. (Shh). I think BMW makes a better car now than Mercedes does. They lead the industry in Certified Preowned vehicles with the no cost maintenance. It's kind of sales incentive but it works for em.

My beef with C&D is it's like amateurs write the magazine. All around it's poor editing and writing. Glad to hear Motor trend is pretty good with their reviews. I may subscribe if they offer me a deal.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I'm not comparing mustangs to bmws, im jus saying when they have articles about mustangs they cut them down, and in any comparisons that a bmw is in the running it wins. Its more than jus mustang vs bmw its bmw vs anything. C&D thinks BMW>than everything, and its not.
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
I'm not comparing mustangs to bmws, im jus saying when they have articles about mustangs they cut them down, and in any comparisons that a bmw is in the running it wins. Its more than jus mustang vs bmw its bmw vs anything. C&D thinks BMW>than everything, and its not.
Cause C&D SUCKS! They rate the 7 pass KIA higher than the GMC Acadia. Which the GMC is the best in it's class right now. That is till the new Explorer comes.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to MrTibbij

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Cause C&D SUCKS! They rate the 7 pass KIA higher than the GMC Acadia. Which the GMC is the best in it's class right now. That is till the new Explorer comes.
That new explorer looks nice, gotta give props to jeep for their new Cherokee also, thing looks sooooo much better then it used too. And I definitely agree with both of you.
2011 Ruby Red w/ a Tinted Clear Coat GT California Special: Airraid CAI, Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-back Exhaust, SCT Performance Tune, 6 spd, HID Lamps, 3.73 Limited Slip, Confort, Security, Electronics Packages.
MrTibbij is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion