GT-500KR, Foose F150 to be released! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
GT-500KR, Foose F150 to be released!

FORD UNVEILS TRIO OF VEHICLES FOR NEW YORK AUTO SHOW, INCLUDING MOST POWERFUL MUSTANG AND F-150
Written by Administrator
Friday, 30 March 2007

* New, limited-edition vehicles developed with hip hop guru Funkmaster Flex and hot rodder Chip Foose will join the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR – the most powerful Mustang to ever – at the 2007 New York International Auto Show.
* 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR roars to life in spring 2008.
* 2008 Ford F-150 Foose Edition hits the streets in fall 2007.
* 2008 Ford Expedition Funkmaster Flex Edition to launch in fall 2007.
* Ford’s customization business continues to grow: up 50 percent in 2006.

DEARBORN, Mich., March 30, 2007 – Ford unveiled three new limited-edition models today – the Shelby GT500KR, the F-150 Foose Edition and the Ford Expedition Funkmaster Flex Edition – all of which will be make their public debut at the 2007 New York International Auto Show. The trio of vehicles, including the most powerful pickup and most powerful Mustang ever from Ford, demonstrates how the company is leveraging key partnerships to create exciting new products.

The Corral

****MORE INFO******

King of the Road Indeed: The 2008 Shelby Cobra GT500KR Concept Surfaces

Is 540 horsepower (and 510 lb-ft of torque) sent to a live rear axle enough to constitute monarchical sovereignty over all thoroughfares? You make the call, we'll make with the specs on the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR. The name recalls one of the last Shelby Mustangs to be produced during the late 1960s. This King comes with a six-speed manual and a rear axle ratio of 3.73:1. It gets the Ford Racing power package, which includes a modified ECU and cold-air intake; performance suspension including stiffer springs, dampers, and stabilizer bars; Shelby-designed 18" wheels (20" for show purposes); short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace; carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby 'KR' design, and front brake cooling ducts. We'll see it at the New York auto show next week ahead of its arrival next spring for a run of 1000 units. – Mike Spinelli

2008 Shelby Cobra GT500

Jalopnik: Obsessed With The Cult Of Cars

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: GT-500KR, Foose F150 to be released!

If only it would be released like that...but, I am sure the first thing to go will be the hood.

Everyone will get turned on by it and then it will probably end up being a standard GT500 with some power tweaks and stickers. lol
Old 03-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

i think i **** myself laughing at the funk master flex expedition...
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

new info added

I like toys
Old 03-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

The KR NEEDS to look like that...
Old 03-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

anyone say... gto hood?

but i likey
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
anyone say... gto hood?

but i likey
No... it looks just like the hood from the 60's KR car 2:

I like toys
Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
No... it looks just like the hood from the 60's KR car 2:
+1...which is why this one HAS to come out like this. The hood is sooooo much sexier than the junk on the current GT500. This could be a killer car with nice 100k markup values....but at least this one will be sex if it comes out like this.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Well the wheels there are 20" for show purposes... itll come with 18's

I like toys
Old 03-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

wow..i think that is the best looking gt500 i've ever seen. and one of the best looking stangs i've seen.

i love it...those 20's don't really look good to me though..so maybe the 18's will be better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

nice, but wait until it gets to production... it will probably be a stock GT500 with stickers, diff rims, and a different hood~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
nice, but wait until it gets to production... it will probably be a stock GT500 with stickers, diff rims, and a different hood~
and 45 more HP

I like toys
Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

yep that is def hands down sexay for sure
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

A) Are they doing anything to make that fat boy thinner.

B) **** 18's on a S197. They look to small. The only good looking 18's for a S197 IMO are the Roush wheels and the Ford GT style wheels like Bunt has.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67

If a car could ever replace sex, that KR could do it for me.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
A) Are they doing anything to make that fat boy thinner.
I doubt it...odds are it will weigh more and be just as fast as a standard GT500 because the extra weight will offset the extra power
Quote:
B) **** 18's on a S197. They look to small. The only good looking 18's for a S197 IMO are the Roush wheels and the Ford GT style wheels like Bunt has.
I have to agree on this one. It kind of does need 20s.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
and 45 more HP

thats my point, they will probably wind up leaving the hp/tq where it is now... but I hope not.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Wait what??????? You have to be ****ing kidding me? Gears, little suspension work, ECU reflash, and some wheels? OH wait, let's not forget to make it look like a legend that this car will never be. There's more, let's charge 10 of thousands of dollars over the price of the GT500, and then we'll probably mark it up so only the Exotic Elitist's can get it. This car STILL wouldn't even compete with the Z06 and yet cost probably twice as much as with markup.

I say keep the exterior the same, remove the A/C, use an aluminum block, aftermarket cams, freer flowing exhaust, some halfway decent suspension/brakes, get rid of the sound deadening, radio, and other amenities and make it the factory racer this car should be. Then it MIGHT deserve the Shelby moniker that it so graceously wears and might actually be worth the 50 something thousand that Ford thinks it is.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:16 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know if this is true or not but I had heard that this was going to be like a Cobra R. If that is true then Ford should put a Ford GT motor with the Dry Sump Oil system in it.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:47 AM   #20
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

OR everyone that keeps complaining needs to STFU. OMG, its another "gt500" with an extra "KR" added to it! Lets pretend like theres going to be massive weight reduction and superior handling technology added to this mustang!

NO!!! its not happening. Get over your Terminator fantasies and understand this is actually the new "COBRA". Yeah, it weighs a lot...ok? Yeah, it looks different.... get over that "new edge" bull****. Yeah, it has different **** on it.

You know what? Its a factory blown mustang. Why is it so hard for you termy **** to understand that?? All you ever see from terminator owners is "oh noes, it still weighs a lot"... Or...... "oh wow, a 5.4 motor is all they could come up with?" Or... "OMG, for the dealer mark-up I'd rather buy a Z06; so ****ing buy a z06 and STFU already... serously. GTF over yourself and your "im not going to buy a cobra cause ford skimped out on **** and threw shelby badges on it to make money" high, and ****in go buy your corvette. Seriously, it gets old.

**** gay *** termy owners, and especially **** those that make excuses that **** weighs more, or ****s way too expensive, or **** "blah blah blalh" **** you, **** your pride... and again **** you. :yup:

I like toys
Old 03-31-2007, 02:51 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OR everyone that keeps complaining needs to STFU. OMG, its another "gt500" with an extra "KR" added to it! Lets pretend like theres going to be massive weight reduction and superior handling technology added to this mustang!

NO!!! its not happening. Get over your Terminator fantasies and understand this is actually the new "COBRA". Yeah, it weighs a lot...ok? Yeah, it looks different.... get over that "new edge" bull****. Yeah, it has different **** on it.

You know what? Its a factory blown mustang. Why is it so hard for you termy **** to understand that?? All you ever see from terminator owners is "oh noes, it still weighs a lot"... Or...... "oh wow, a 5.4 motor is all they could come up with?" Or... "OMG, for the dealer mark-up I'd rather buy a Z06; so ****ing buy a z06 and STFU already... serously. GTF over yourself and your "im not going to buy a cobra cause ford skimped out on **** and threw shelby badges on it to make money" high, and ****in go buy your corvette. Seriously, it gets old.

**** gay *** termy owners, and especially **** those that make excuses that **** weighs more, or ****s way too expensive, or **** "blah blah blalh" **** you, **** your pride... and again **** you. :yup:
You sound like a little ***** Zim. You really need to lay off the drink.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:22 AM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:

Because it is not the new cobra...it is a GT500. Because it is over priced even at MSRP. Weight, yeah it's heavy, but not a ton more than my car. Styling, it does not pop, it is watered down. And size in general, it looks like a hippo when parked next to a new edge.

So, in general, yeah, it's cool ford has another blown car. Sure, it has good power potential. But, it will never be the next cobra no matter how many over sized snakes they put on the car.

THe KR, well, ford is going to get everyone hyped up about it like they did the GT500. Then, the bean counters are going to nix all the **** that made the concept cool...like they did with the GT500. And they will release another watered down GT500.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #23
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
You sound like a little ***** Zim. You really need to lay off the drink.

The comments still get old though... and not all of you are gay *** termy owners

I like toys
Old 03-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
If only it would be released like that...but, I am sure the first thing to go will be the hood.

Everyone will get turned on by it and then it will probably end up being a standard GT500 with some power tweaks and stickers. lol

thats the God-honest sad truth.

and i really like that hood

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
thats the God-honest sad truth.

and i really like that hood
I loved the original GT500 hood from the NYC show...and this hood is exactly what needs to be on the car...it is bad ***.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

did you happen to watch the barret-jackson auction with the shelby gt500vert? it actually looked decent, but i'm curious as to whether or not it still weighs almost 4000 lbs...

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:

justin timberlake just called, he said he wants you to cry him a river :dunno:

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
justin timberlake just called, he said he wants you to cry him a river :dunno:

WTF.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966

i love it. i think i have a new dream car

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #30

Region: Ohio

Damn sometimes I wish I was rich. Would love to own a one off car someday.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion