Government ban on performance!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Government ban on performance!!!

We need a civil war between citizens and governtment lol j/k

I don't agree that it's hype. I do believe its a little hyped to be stopped all at once completely.

They are going to slowly keep us from doing things to our vehicles and it will eventually be over.

(btw how do i find out if i can tint my windows in illinois i have heard for the past 3 years its been illegal completely on the front windows but then i heard its ok with 35%)
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #37
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I like how the economy is failing, we bomb a country every time they look at us wrong, we get taxed to death, our senators are corrupt and we are worried if we will be able to ride around without cats.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #38
Regular

Here is a hint guys: Stop worrying about individual issues and start limiting the power Senators and Representatives have over those issues long term by supporting term limits in the House and Senate.

Until you do that you are going to keep getting ****ed over and over and over again.

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #39
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Here is a hint guys: Stop worrying about individual issues and start limiting the power Senators and Representatives have over those issues long term by supporting term limits in the House and Senate.

Until you do that you are going to keep getting ****ed over and over and over again.
Ding Ding Ding!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #40
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I am totally cool with the government deciding whether I live or die, sneaking legislation into huge, convoluted bills, not reading any of the bills they actually pass, and all around ****ing up this country, but damnit, I draw the line when they start telling me I can't tint my windows.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

me too. I have a serious problem when they tell me what I can and cant drive and what I can do to my car. I find tint as a useless way for the state to make money pulling people over instead of doing their job of making our streets safer for us all.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:23 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

K don't worry about the topic talking about government issues on cars on a mustang website is stupid apparantly.

I do worry about this, but just because I am doesn't mean I'm not worried about larger issues. I know we have issues in the country but **** this isn't a government forum it is an automobile forum. We talk more about the same government issues even more that newbies ask about how to make a v6 fast on a budget.

If you want to talk about another issue start a new thread in the bar this is vehicle related. It affects the ford mustang.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #43
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
K don't worry about the topic talking about government issues on cars on a mustang website is stupid apparantly.

I do worry about this, but just because I am doesn't mean I'm not worried about larger issues. I know we have issues in the country but **** this isn't a government forum it is an automobile forum. We talk more about the same government issues even more that newbies ask about how to make a v6 fast on a budget.

If you want to talk about another issue start a new thread in the bar this is vehicle related. It affects the ford mustang.
I learned this a long time ago: Worrying about **** like this is pointless because the majority of Americans are ****ing lazy. You have every right to make this thread as much as I have every right to tell you in this thread why you shouldn't worry about this.

Because in the end, this thread has done nothing to change a damn thing about anything. You didn't tell us what we should do to keep this from happening you just screamed "OMG GOVERNMENT SUCKS THEY HATE FAST CARS".

If you worry about it enough do something about it. Sit down and research the topic until you know every single politicians view on the subject. Until you know every single legislation and how it will affect us. Then put that information to use.

You don't really give a **** about it because you aren't going to actually do anything about it. You couldn't tell me a single damn thing about any of this that you didn't read in a magazine that was biased toward the opinion you hold.

There is no excuse for not doing anything. Just because you don't have the best grammar or way with words doesn't mean you can just sit back and wait for someone else to do the work for you. I suck with words. I hate writing. That doesn't keep me from doing my best to research things I want to know and things I want to change. You can ask questions can't you?

Excuses are for *******.

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote where I was freaking out. I have joined the site and it will give me information on who to vote for to make a change.

Don't tell me what I will and won't do.

This is not a little situation for me automotive is a big part of my life.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #45
Regular

Quote:
Quote where I was freaking out. I have joined the site and it will give me information on who to vote for to make a change.
Yay another one issue voting American.

Quote:
Don't tell me what I will and won't do.
You won't change anything because your idea of changing something is signing up to a site bias to your opinion and voting for who they tell you to.

Way to make an educated decision in an election.

Quote:
This is not a little situation for me automotive is a big part of my life.
I own a Mustang website. Its pretty big to me too. That doesn't mean I'm going to vote for Jim Bob Cooter because he says he'll let me drive my car without emission tests.

Whats wrong with raising the MPG anyway? Ford is the leader in this. We have a 2011 Mustang GT that gets as good gas mileage as a 1995 GT with twice the power.

TECHNOLOGY SUCKS!

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Pay more attention to what i wrote in the original post. I don't mind them wanting higher mpg in the next few years. I want to be able to drop in any engine into any car I want and do any modifications I want that aren't stupid or harmful like flamethrowing tailpipes.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 AM   #47
Regular

Who is going to prevent you from doing that? You going to buy a 2017 GT Mustang and put a carb engine in it?

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 02:07 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I'm never buying a mustang newer than 04 and I'm never getting rid of my 87 silverado and its going to need another engine in 200,000 miles and If I want to put a 454 I want it to be legal and not taxed out of this world.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #49
Regular

Quote:
I'm never buying a mustang newer than 04 and I'm never getting rid of my 87 silverado and its going to need another engine in 200,000 miles and If I want to put a 454 I want it to be legal and not taxed out of this world.
Well now all you got to do is show me where you won't be able to do that. Otherwise you're just another guy on the internet whining about something that probably will never happen.

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 02:19 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Never have I whined I've stated that it could possibly happen and have alerted others. If you find it stupid then don't post make another thread about how you think the world is so ****ed and how you think everyone is stuipd.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 AM   #51
Regular

Quote:
Never have I whined I've stated that it could possibly happen and have alerted others. If you find it stupid then don't post make another thread about how you think the world is so ****ed and how you think everyone is stuipd.
Maybe whining isn't the word I am looking for. At least yet. Your thread title suggests you are either excited about them banning performance or you think this **** is going to happen and everyone needs to do something about it now.

Otherwise you wouldn't have titled your thread "Government ban on performance!!!"

When in reality, you don't know much about it other than what you read in a car magazine.

Would you rather I use "Drama Queen" instead?

Regardless, you still haven't told me why you won't be able to put any engine in your pre 2005 Mustang and your truck that you will own when you are 60 years old.

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 02:47 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you find it stupid then don't post make another thread about how you think the world is so ****ed and how you think everyone is stuipd.
I'm sure if he didn't like it he would take out his wand and delete it, we may not be able to post "whatever we want to" here but he can.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #54
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape View Post
I'm sure if he didn't like it he would take out his wand and delete it, we may not be able to post "whatever we want to" here but he can.
Ya'll can post whatever you want. My point was its pointless to give a **** about little issues like this that probably won't happen when no one wants to solve the big issues we have now.

This thread is about politics, so stop getting mad at me for talking about politics. You linked to a site that wants you to register to vote only because they want you to support their cause. Which you are willing to do, because obviously your only concern is whether you can put any engine in your car you want too. Which is ****ing scary.

So, I'm not sure what you were trying to say there Tape, but I've never censored anyone on this site for speaking up against me. I may have misread your post but I took as you thinking that I was the only one that can speak out. That's not the case. You guys can say whatever you want. Its politics, no need to think I am going to cry because you don't agree with me.

Upton has yet to make me cry in this thread. If I made Upton cry, I apologize.

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 03:10 AM   #55
Regular

The second paragraph was obviously intended for Upton.

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So, I'm not sure what you were trying to say there Tape, but I've never censored anyone on this site for speaking up against me. I may have misread your post but I took as you thinking that I was the only one that can speak out. That's not the case. You guys can say whatever you want. Its politics, no need to think I am going to cry because you don't agree with me.
no, not anything like that nor have I ever seen you censor anyone, it's just upton's all butthurt and tells you "If you find it stupid then don't post make another thread" and prior to that he says "Don't tell me what I will and won't do"

I'm just thinking It's just seems to me that he's talking in circles and taking this **** too serious, I say **** all that ****, we'll be dead and gone then what difference does it make! **** the small ****! I hear ppl *****ing about crap and think "run for office MF!" I'm going to stay out of it I don't wanna get cyber ***** slapped.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:24 AM   #57
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape View Post
no, not anything like that nor have I ever seen you censor anyone, it's just upton's all butthurt and tells you "If you find it stupid then don't post make another thread" and prior to that he says "Don't tell me what I will and won't do"

I'm just thinking It's just seems to me that he's talking in circles and taking this **** too serious, I say **** all that ****, we'll be dead and gone then what difference does it make! **** the small ****! I hear ppl *****ing about crap and think "run for office MF!" I'm going to stay out of it I don't wanna get cyber ***** slapped.
Yea I'm pretty much the same now. I use to give a **** about all this crap and get all worked up over it but I've been shown over and over again just how ****ed up this country is. I'm just sitting back now and watching it all blow up.

The only thing I give a **** about at this point is local politics. Just because Alabama is so backwoods I can't help to want to bring it somewhat up to date.

National politics are a joke. I dread 2012. I'm already sick of hearing every Christian Republican in Alabama cry about Obama. The problem is I can't escape the stupidity. If I go to California I have to hear about Atheist Liberals whine about Republican Christians.

People don't understand the energy they spend on this **** is useless.

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

This thread reminds me of South Park everytime they have a town meeting about something important and someone actually says something correct and educated but the town calls them complete retards... "They took our JobS!!"
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #59
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
"They took our JobS!!"
They Took our JORBS
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
This thread reminds me of South Park everytime they have a town meeting about something important and someone actually says something correct and educated but the town calls them complete retards... "They took our JobS!!"
South Park
Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #61
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

NEVER talk politics with Brent. Never.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
No other choice? That's the problem with Americans today. The people who are scared of our government and "comply" outnumber the ones who make a stand tenfold. That's why they get away with **** like this. That's why they decide what's best for US, because we LET THEM. There are 300 million+ people in this country, which means our government SHOULD BE 300 million strong. That means 300 million people decide what's best for us, not 300. How many people do you guys think wanted a "change" compared to people that did? If we all start raising our middle finger and telling those white collar, six-figure-income ******** that WE are the government, and always have been, maybe things would be different. 300 million people and not a single one knows how powerful we are as a whole. "WE THE PEOPLE" is dead, and long forgotten. I guess the "change" actually did work after all.
Nope, we have no other choice. We have become consumed with leaders and politicians who fail to represent the true needs of our country based on fact rather than being politically correct and fair to others. They decided whats good for us becuase we as the sheeple have allowed them to make these decisions and laws through time by continue to vote for the exact same canadate and lies over and over on a local, state, and federal level time and time again. Nobody spends the time researching or understanding the true views of a politician or even looks at his past voting history and promises to verify his/her validity. At this point we are only able to pick the lesser or two or three evils. Our country is not ran by 300 million citizens it is run by a handful of politicians we have voted in place and empowered through their own laws and litigations and earmarks with no checks and balance system to restrict terms or power hardly. We have no control over or decide not to spend the time, effort, or money to fight any of these situations. Everyone is ok with settling for their happy go-lucky life becuase it only affects them on a minor level in some instances. Raising a finger and fighting back will serve no purpose other than a few subpeonas issued to the individuals who make that move.

Issues that need to be immediately fixed... If your on welfare or any kind of Govt. support you should be able to pass monthly drug test.
If your on any kind of welfare or Govt. support then you should not be allowed to vote as your opinion is now a conflict of interest for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack View Post
Well I say the government should have been run like a business. There was only one mand that had enough money and the guts to stand up for our rights and that was Ross Perot. I voted for hime when he ran but they scared him off and none of the independents we have running now are worth any vote.
All it takes is one Media outlet to begin their biased lying obsession with subjecting the American people through Govt. control to rid us of a viable canidate.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #63
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
They Took our JORBS
I love that episode.

Reddit
Old 09-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I love that episode.
ha, I was hoping someone would catch on and keep it going until we end up with

"DA TKR KBS"
Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

DEY TERK OUR JERBS!

(I caught on)

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

TR TERK R TERKS
Old 09-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Butthurt? I don't care about getting bashed on this website just trying to make my point too. There are bigger issues this one concerns me. I just made the title the same as what the magazine said. Brent I think you over exagerate my posts as if I am at home freaking out about this I'm just posting what I read and what the MAGAZINE said.

You don't want to piss people off on your site or they will go to another one and you'll lose your JIIIIYB lol jk
Old 09-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Stupid stuff is proposed in our government all the time. It gets shot down.

For example, a lot of states try to ban violent video games all the time. Its just not worth getting worked up and pointing the finger over one issue.

I think the point that Brent is trying to make is that if this issue bothers you, you should look deeper into the situation with an open mind rather than say this one thing pisses me off, and lets leave it at that.

Politics is a game. A really ****ed up game. Political parties want your vote and they play dirty to get it.

For example, this crap's intent is to get you to NOT vote for the other guy and elect them so they can push some other BS you don't want down your throat. You'll get what you want, but you'll get some other crap ten times worse.

Just using the typical Republican example (Democrats pull stuff like this too so don't think I'm biased), they say I believe in God, against abortion, you should have your guns, and **** immigrants! Everybody cheers. Then they support laws that rob everyday Americans by destroying unions, outsourcing our jobs to Mexico, India, and China, and deregulate banks. Yes, you got those little bull **** issues that everyday, politically uninterested people want, but then you get f'd in the a hardcore.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #69
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
but then you get f'd in the a hardcore.
That is how it's aways going to be, They already have law preventing you from modding your car like emission BS and loud exhaust. In the state of KY any vehicle that produces 500 hp+ is not supposed to be on the road.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #70
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post
In the state of KY any vehicle that produces 500 hp+ is not supposed to be on the road.
I seriously doubt that

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion