Government ban on performance!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Government ban on performance!!!

I just picked up my muscle mustangs and fast ford magazine tonight and on the cover was "Warning can goverment officials ban performance fight back we show you how"

I noticed this on a couple of chevy and hot rod magazines too. What this magazine in particular stated the basic laws in affect currently : window tint, exhaust, and nitrous oxide.

What it also stated was that it is happening in some states that your "eyesore" project out of the way behind your garage on your property can simply be towed away by the government, and that engine swaps from older vehicles could also be illegal. Other concerns are headlamp and taillamp bulbs and H.I.D.'s and changing the rubber compound of tires.

There are many companies and organizations trying to stop the ban and help our hobby grow.

One of the organizations is SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) its says you can join the fight at SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

As most of you know I don't have the best typing, researching, and grammar skills. I hope one of our educated well spoken staff members or bloggers will help with the fight if they are not already working on it.

The magazine stated that this is very real and the votes you make this year can help the cause.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281
Re: Government ban on performance!!!

Is part of the "change"? **** them. I will do whatever I want with MY car.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Exclamation Re: Government ban on performance!!!

It is not right that they can make us get rid of these older cars and take them off the roads. I heard and knew that this was coming, when they started on fuel mileage of these older cars. I knew that they were going to start on other things I just didn't know where. We are a government of the people. If the million man march, and veterans can parade through DC for theiir rights as veterans why can't we as tax payers and enthuaists of american muscle. We should gatther up and support everyone not just Mustangs but Camaros, Corvettes, Chargers, every muscel made from the 1960 to present and march and parade in front of the white house and capital hill in protest of these new laws and regulations that take our projects, toys, and sentimental cars from us....

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

This affects all car enthusiasts muscle cars imports motorcycles everyone. They want by 2016 for all new cars to have like 39 mpg and trucks to have 30 mpg. I agree with saving on fuel and emissions but this destroys a hobby that puts a **** ton of money into the economy which is what the government is wanting and trying to get americans to do.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

From what I read a while ago, they plan on taxing you pretty heavy in order to keep your muscle cars...or should I say the engine size of your muscle car. I believe that any engine 32mm and over will be taxed out the ***, and every time you renew your registration you would be subject to a $600 tax because of your engine size. But then someone I know brought up a good point, these "officials" all have imported vehicles that drive them around as well as drive themselves that have engines 32mm and more, do you really think that they are stupid enought to tax themselves for their luxury cars that we are paying for?!....wait....that's right, these "representatives" would just tax us to pay for their tax on their vehicles! This is why I'm over taxed and would like to rally up America to overthrow the government and start a new!
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine

Some people (me included) say that our gov't is getting out of hand by slowly stripping away our rights given to us by our founding fathers. Others say that if the founding fathers knew of machine guns and honda civics with fart cans then they might not have been so loose with the definition of freedom in their writings. Or were they?

I think the part that people seem to forget is the part about intruding on others' freedoms. I ride a bike with an aftermarket pipe and other various mods. My right, why not. But then, what about the neighbors that have a right to peace and quiet? Am I intruding? I suppose - thus I try not to crack the pipes, really no need. Kids with fart cans, hot rods screeching tires, they all have the same responsibility but choose not to a lot of the times.

Unfortunately, there are a few that will always ruin it for the rest. These laws won't stop coming because of this. Hell, we have wardens up here in Maine that stop snowmobilers with loud pipes - and they are loud. Lots of bad rap being passed around ruining it for the rest of us. Not the gov't's fault - it's really the idiots who are the reason for this craziness.

Murph's Glassback!
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho

Sign up for the SEMA action group keep informed on these and other stuff. Like the lobiest of the corn farmers wanting to push the EPA to allow E-15 that put more ethenal in our fuel. We already know that ethenal runs hotter and the fuel don't last as long and creates moisture so mre ethenal will make this happen even faster and the effect on our cars and older ones that are already having problems with the current E-10 this will mean having to retrofit. I sent my letter to the government on my disagreement with it all now it is your turn.
racefan966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I still like the idea of a peaceful demostration that says we are banned together and when they see the true numbers of enthuaists they will back off or change the law. This is something I have seen first hand For seven years I have waled and rode with Rolling Thunder a POW/MIA rights group and we ride in DC every Memorial Day weekend. WE prove to the government that we will not let this rest until all our POW/MIA's are brought home.

I ride for those who can't, I ride for the rights they fought for that governemennt tries to take back everyday. It is a matter of principle...

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 09-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i wouldn't get too heavily excited about this yet, i can't see them doing something that would eliminate a good portion of cars on the road, it would put so many people out of business and even more people into debt.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
i wouldn't get too heavily excited about this yet, i can't see them doing something that would eliminate a good portion of cars on the road, it would put so many people out of business and even more people into debt.
This is very true it would cause major harm to the economy. But when you think about it back in the day when muscle cars started they didn't think they would ever have to be checked for emissions or have to tone down thier exhaust.

I hope this doesn't happen and it might not of course but if it does I don't want to remember doing nothing about it if it happens.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
This affects all car enthusiasts muscle cars imports motorcycles everyone. They want by 2016 for all new cars to have like 39 mpg and trucks to have 30 mpg. I agree with saving on fuel and emissions but this destroys a hobby that puts a **** ton of money into the economy which is what the government is wanting and trying to get americans to do.
**** the ozone layer!

By 2020 we're all going to be driving around 2 cylinder engines that produce a whopping 37 horsepower. But hey look at the bright side. We will be getting 71 miles per gallon average on our "government" controlled highways.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Well I say the government can choke on my performance exhaust

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!! on motorcycles or trucks/cars.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post
Well I say the government can choke on my performance exhaust

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!! on motorcycles or trucks/cars.
I hope Obama chokes on something and dies real soon.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
Old 09-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Thanksgiving is coming soon maybe. Turkey wing huh?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you are all so cold. but we need to make our own needs known.

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 09-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
Don't be too sure. Remember the luxury tax? Some version of that could appear if the tree huggers keep pushing. Emissions controls will tighten up, noise levels will be measured and enforced. There's lots of ways they can chip away at this to discourage people from buying HP and pushing them to buy MPG.

Murph's Glassback!
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

It all started with Obama Care being shoved down our throats! Look at those town hall meetings where the people were treated like felons by our representatives.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I can just imagine what a cluster federal emissions testing would be...especially in the rural areas.

The government is going to crack down on performance vehicles, it's already starting. Best I can tell you is either be ready to pay some fines or comply. We won't have much of another choice.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

most of the ones passing such laws have no idea what the car hobby is about... they are just trying to do what they think (even though they are stupid) to help the environment and all that crap.... I can understand holding car makers to make better cars, but they should also make cars people want, not slush box ugly cars that are super slow and boring....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I can just imagine what a cluster federal emissions testing would be...especially in the rural areas.

The government is going to crack down on performance vehicles, it's already starting. Best I can tell you is either be ready to pay some fines or comply. We won't have much of another choice.
No other choice? That's the problem with Americans today. The people who are scared of our government and "comply" outnumber the ones who make a stand tenfold. That's why they get away with **** like this. That's why they decide what's best for US, because we LET THEM. There are 300 million+ people in this country, which means our government SHOULD BE 300 million strong. That means 300 million people decide what's best for us, not 300. How many people do you guys think wanted a "change" compared to people that did? If we all start raising our middle finger and telling those white collar, six-figure-income ******** that WE are the government, and always have been, maybe things would be different. 300 million people and not a single one knows how powerful we are as a whole. "WE THE PEOPLE" is dead, and long forgotten. I guess the "change" actually did work after all.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02nate281 View Post
no other choice? That's the problem with americans today. The people who are scared of our government and "comply" outnumber the ones who make a stand tenfold. That's why they get away with **** like this. That's why they decide what's best for us, because we let them. There are 300 million+ people in this country, which means our government should be 300 million strong. That means 300 million people decide what's best for us, not 300. How many people do you guys think wanted a "change" compared to people that did? If we all start raising our middle finger and telling those white collar, six-figure-income ******** that we are the government, and always have been, maybe things would be different. 300 million people and not a single one knows how powerful we are as a whole. "we the people" is dead, and long forgotten. I guess the "change" actually did work after all.

amen!!! Preach on brother nate!!!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

WOOHH! as if they havent taken enough of our rights already. now theyr gonna do what they can to make them unaffordable.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No other choice? That's the problem with Americans today. The people who are scared of our government and "comply" outnumber the ones who make a stand tenfold. That's why they get away with **** like this. That's why they decide what's best for US, because we LET THEM. There are 300 million+ people in this country, which means our government SHOULD BE 300 million strong. That means 300 million people decide what's best for us, not 300. How many people do you guys think wanted a "change" compared to people that did? If we all start raising our middle finger and telling those white collar, six-figure-income ******** that WE are the government, and always have been, maybe things would be different. 300 million people and not a single one knows how powerful we are as a whole. "WE THE PEOPLE" is dead, and long forgotten. I guess the "change" actually did work after all.
Very nicely put Nate. If the numbers could talk we could very much put a damper on the laws that prevent us from living and enjoying the fruits of our own labor......

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 09-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack View Post
Very nicely put Nate. If the numbers could talk we could very much put a damper on the laws that prevent us from living and enjoying the fruits of our own labor......
We very well could. But there are too many people who think they can't make a difference. Alone, no. But a million and a half could. With enough people we could make the government do whatever the hell WE want them to do.

My brother and I discuss this all the time.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We very well could. But there are too many people who think they can't make a difference. Alone, no. But a million and a half could. With enough people we could make the government do whatever the hell WE want them to do.

My brother and I discuss this all the time.
They take our rights from us all the time and soon we will not stand for it. How much is enough when we as Americans stand up for own rights and teel the government that we will not stand for this any longer.

When we need to make a stand you can count me in.

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack View Post
They take our rights from us all the time and soon we will not stand for it. How much is enough when we as Americans stand up for own rights and teel the government that we will not stand for this any longer.

When we need to make a stand you can count me in.
Me too. I'll bring MY guns
Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thumbs up Re: Government ban on performance!!!

Quote:
When the time comes, count me in on the revolution! Your words are very well said with the truth.
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #29
Regular

Region: Tennessee

The government can do whatever they want cause everyone in America just votes for Republicans or Democrats and has no sense.

So if you are *****ing about this and vote for the Republican party or Democrat party, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is part of the "change"? **** them. I will do whatever I want with MY car.
yeah, then they say "Nate, please get out of our car"
Tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Well I say the government should have been run like a business. There was only one mand that had enough money and the guts to stand up for our rights and that was Ross Perot. I voted for hime when he ran but they scared him off and none of the independents we have running now are worth any vote.

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 09-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #32
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Ross Perot had billions of dollars. Thats the only way you get noticed in America. Like I said, Republicans and Democrats **** this country. Stop voting for them.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Your ignorance displays greatly. It explains why he is in office as president and you are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The government can do whatever they want cause everyone in America just votes for Republicans or Democrats and has no sense.

So if you are *****ing about this and vote for the Republican party or Democrat party, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Ross Perot had billions of dollars. Thats the only way you get noticed in America. Like I said, Republicans and Democrats **** this country. Stop voting for them.
After listening to Brent through time and meeting him a few times I agree with alot of his opinions on politics but not nearly all of them. Please stop voting for the sheeple and leaders they choose to put forward for us and vote 3rd party, 4th, or even 5th. Just stop voting for the same people every time. Take control or we may never stop the Socialist movement of this failling democracy.

Lastly this ad on the Govt ban has been in the Mags since the mid 90s. I support it but I don't get my panties in a wad as it's just a super hype like all the other conspiracies floating around.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

yup its not as cut and dry as Dem or Rep... we need to stop that old POS crap and try something that works
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

The lines between the parties have blurred. Sadly, our country is steamrolling towards fascism - essentially an authoritarian government that places corporate need above the needs of its citizens.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion