Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #106
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

But what does it matter how fast the car is if it has a ****ty driver?

A good driver + a ****ty car = a ****ty time.
A ****ty driver + a good car = a ****ty time.

Only when the planets are aligned, can you achieve overall goodness. And that, my friends, is why racing from a roll should only be done in the movies or small Afghan communities.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Y2E0L0L5OGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Maryland
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

^ not to mention the fact a car is only as fast as the amount of money you have to put into it...all you get out of knowing who has the "faster" car is who has deeper pockets...
__________________
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Man you think in terms of a 1/4 miles to much.
So I do, no big deal. So you want to roll race... Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I've already told you that you have a good chance of taking me in a E.T.
So you also say that you think I can beat you in the 1/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Listen if your best time is a 12.4 at 110 MPH then your car does not have the ability to out accelerate my car. Sorry that trap speed is stock Cobra territory.
Wait, now you are quoting 1/4 mile times that you say that I think about too much. Looks like you responded in attempt to say that your car IS faster in the 1/4, I'm confused. Which is it?



Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Look man listen to what I say, I can not explain this any similar. I don't give a **** about an E.T.
If you didn't give a **** about ET, then why did you post one up? And I think you mean simpler, not simlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I have already said that you might take me in the 1/4 mile, how many times are you going to bring that up? An E.T. is not what I'm talking about.
Wait, now you are saying that I can beat you again??? I'm so dam lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Their are quite a few 490-500 WHP Cobras on svtperfmance that have apparently outran C6 Z06's in the 1/4 mile, but that does not mean their faster cars. Yes they just ran a faster E.T. but they are probably also running slicks or DR's, maybe some 4.10's or something, they have more experiance drag racing, and they are probably just willing to push their cars harder. You can make a 300 hp car run a relitively fast E.T., but that doesn't mean its going to be fast anywhere else. If we were to run from a 30+ mph roll or if you where to run on street tires you would more than likely lose. My car has the power to weight ratio, gearing, etc to physical out accelerate you car.
Ok. I think I am finally starting to understand what you are saying...... You can give two ****s about what your ET. You want your car to trap higher, meaning it's "faster" than mine. That's fine and all, but all you are really saying is, you want to throw money at your car, make it "faster" and not ever worry about hooking, learning to drive the dam thing, or put money into weak parts (replace the IRS or atleast put into some beefier halfshafts) so that you CAN actually use the car to it's potential..... But now I atleast have you pinned as to what kind of "racer" you are. You are a Mark IV Supra owner in Mustang's clothing. My point:

1. You said you aren't worred about ET

2. You want your car to trap higher.

3. You apparently prefer roll racing over dig racing so you can prove who's car is "faster" instead of the combination of man and machine working together

4. You are afraid to lauch your car from a dig for fear of breaking something.

5. You think that even though someone else beat you to the finish line, it doesn't mean that their car is faster than yours.

6. You aren't worried about who is quicker(i.e. first to the finish), you are worried about who's car is faster.

It seems to be my opinion and others that consider the 1/4 a true test of a cars potential in acceleration. And in reality even though you said that my car cannot out accelerate you, would it not be true that I out accelerated you if I have a faster ET than yours since I made it over a measured distance faster than you? Either way, I know we are all to each his/her own, but when you sit there at your computer and tell me that you prefer roll racing over dig racing(which is pretty much what you told me over several posts) then, sir, we are on two totally opposite ends of the spectrum. This is my motto that a friend of mine put into words for me:

Quote:
I personally get more satisfaction out of outrunning a more powerful car and having everyone know that I just drove the car within an inch of it's life to win
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Still I think I would stand a good chance against him in a E.T. with some sticky tire as trapping at 110 is not very fast for a 12.4 which tells me he's probably not working with alot of hp.

A few things... I never said what my car would run in the 1/4, although in the 1/8th I have run 8.30's while spinning my *** off to a 2.05 60' since the track is literally an old road. However, with other cars and like hp I would guesstimate that the car would run 12.50- 12.70's. Of course these are ON MOTOR times.... I guess you are forgetting the fact that I am spraying as well. (well not now, waiting for a new mallory hyfire box, the other one fried, but that is another story). I have yet to run the track on spray but I think it is MORE than safe to say that a car with 400+ whp that weighs about 2900 lbs., in case you forgot that notches are light, would EASILY trap 11's at more than 115 mph....... That's all assuming the conditions are like from my last runs....

For the record I have yet to run the 1/4, on spray, so those times are GUESSTIMATES. I do not know for sure what it would run, but can't wait to find out.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
But what does it matter how fast the car is if it has a ****ty driver?

A good driver + a ****ty car = a ****ty time.
A ****ty driver + a good car = a ****ty time.

Only when the planets are aligned, can you achieve overall goodness. And that, my friends, is why racing from a roll should only be done in the movies or small Afghan communities.
Thank you, sir.


*edit* Don't forget that it's for MM&FF as well. In one their issues, they had built a car for "roll racing" and beat a car that ran 9's and automatically assumed that the car they had built would runs 9's as well.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
^ not to mention the fact a car is only as fast as the amount of money you have to put into it...all you get out of knowing who has the "faster" car is who has deeper pockets...
this is not allways true. I know a lot of people who just trow money st their car but don't know where to put it and still run crap. and the other spector of it is that it donesn't take a lot of money to go fast, more hard work and knowing where to put the money you have. I.E. My '91 S10 race truck that I build when I was 16 had all junk yard parts, and ran consist 10.90s all day long.:thumbs2:
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

First of all I not ****ty driver. I'm just saying that I have not run a car at a track so I don't know how I would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
^ not to mention the fact a car is only as fast as the amount of money you have to put into it...all you get out of knowing who has the "faster" car is who has deeper pockets...
Wrong. I can make power/speed a whole lot cheaper than you or most cars can. Thats one reason Terminators are so popular among the Mustang crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
So I do, no big deal. So you want to roll race... Fine



So you also say that you think I can beat you in the 1/4.



Wait, now you are quoting 1/4 mile times that you say that I think about too much. Looks like you responded in attempt to say that your car IS faster in the 1/4, I'm confused. Which is it?





If you didn't give a **** about ET, then why did you post one up? And I think you mean simpler, not simlar



Wait, now you are saying that I can beat you again??? I'm so dam lost.



Ok. I think I am finally starting to understand what you are saying...... You can give two ****s about what your ET. You want your car to trap higher, meaning it's "faster" than mine. That's fine and all, but all you are really saying is, you want to throw money at your car, make it "faster" and not ever worry about hooking, learning to drive the dam thing, or put money into weak parts (replace the IRS or atleast put into some beefier halfshafts) so that you CAN actually use the car to it's potential..... But now I atleast have you pinned as to what kind of "racer" you are. You are a Mark IV Supra owner in Mustang's clothing. My point:

1. You said you aren't worred about ET

2. You want your car to trap higher.

3. You apparently prefer roll racing over dig racing so you can prove who's car is "faster" instead of the combination of man and machine working together

4. You are afraid to lauch your car from a dig for fear of breaking something.

5. You think that even though someone else beat you to the finish line, it doesn't mean that their car is faster than yours.

6. You aren't worried about who is quicker(i.e. first to the finish), you are worried about who's car is faster.

It seems to be my opinion and others that consider the 1/4 a true test of a cars potential in acceleration. And in reality even though you said that my car cannot out accelerate you, would it not be true that I out accelerated you if I have a faster ET than yours since I made it over a measured distance faster than you? Either way, I know we are all to each his/her own, but when you sit there at your computer and tell me that you prefer roll racing over dig racing(which is pretty much what you told me over several posts) then, sir, we are on two totally opposite ends of the spectrum. This is my motto that a friend of mine put into words for me:
I'm not commenting on every here, to much stuff. You oviously like to build a car to take to the track and run the most efficient time you can with what you have. I on the other hand I like having a bad *** street car. If I cared about my E.T., I wouldn't be buying heavy 18" wheels and MM coilovers with the stiffiest street settings they make, etc. What I'm trying to build is a good handling streetcar that has good power on the street, and looks good, thats what I like. That is what I'm saying about me not giving a **** about an E.T. I would rather my car be faster on a road course than at a drag strip, but I would like both. This argument started several weeks ago with me saying that my car has enough power to accellerate through the air faster than yours or whoever else I was aguing with. Then you start trying to turn it into I'm talking about a 1/4 or something when I wasn't. I think you mentioned to me before that you were spraying and I forgot. I was under the impression that you were N/A. Yes if you are spraying then you have a very good chance of being able to outpull me. I think it would be a good race. BTW if I'm a Mark IV Supra owner in Mustang's clothing then your a Gen IV Camaro with a 9" rearend owner in Mustangs clothing.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

well thats just it you both have a power added thats why its even. I wouldn't be too proud saying that my car with a power added can beat an n/a car. if it can't it's one bad *** n/a car or you have a real problem. I think the 1/4 mile track is the best all around spot light of the driver and the car. and yes if you never been on the track it doesn't make you a bad driver. just untrained in that sport. just like if you've never been on a road course.
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:07 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
Y2E0L0L5OGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Maryland
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
First of all I not ****ty driver. I'm just saying that I have not run a car at a track so I don't know how I would do.



Wrong. I can make power/speed a whole lot cheaper than you or most cars can. Thats one reason Terminators are so popular among the Mustang crowd.



I'm not commenting on every here, to much stuff. You oviously like to build a car to take to the track and run the most efficient time you can with what you have. I on the other hand I like having a bad *** street car. If I cared about my E.T., I wouldn't be buying heavy 18" wheels and MM coilovers with the stiffiest street settings they make, etc. What I'm trying to build is a good handling streetcar that has good power on the street, and looks good, thats what I like. That is what I'm saying about me not giving a **** about an E.T. I would rather my car be faster on a road course than at a drag strip, but I would like both. This argument started several weeks ago with me saying that my car has enough power to accellerate through the air faster than yours or whoever else I was aguing with. Then you start trying to turn it into I'm talking about a 1/4 or something when I wasn't. I think you mentioned to me before that you were spraying and I forgot. I was under the impression that you were N/A. Yes if you are spraying then you have a very good chance of being able to outpull me. I think it would be a good race. BTW if I'm a Mark IV Supra owner in Mustang's clothing then your a Gen IV Camaro with a 9" rearend owner in Mustangs clothing.
if you like working on stiffening up the suspension and building a "super-street car" in which ET's don't matter and you don't want to break axles, you should try auto-x if you haven't already...I myself am not a big drag racer, i prefer the twisties myself...i just drag race for fun, i don't pretend to be particularly good at it...

oh, any by the way, you should be able to make power cheaper than me because i have a much newer car in which parts are still in development for...and if you take into account the fact that your car cost 10K more than mine brand new, you arent "faster for cheaper"...and besides, your car still cost as much as mine now even as the termy's are 5 years old...
__________________
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
if you like working on stiffening up the suspension and building a "super-street car" in which ET's don't matter and you don't want to break axles, you should try auto-x if you haven't already...I myself am not a big drag racer, i prefer the twisties myself...i just drag race for fun, i don't pretend to be particularly good at it...
I've just got to get the parts on my car as they've been sitting in boxes on my floor for a couple of months.

Quote:
oh, any by the way, you should be able to make power cheaper than me because i have a much newer car in which parts are still in development for...and if you take into account the fact that your car cost 10K more than mine brand new, you arent "faster for cheaper"...and besides, your car still cost as much as mine now even as the termy's are 5 years old...
My car is only 2 years older than yours. There are plenty of parts for the 05+ Mustangs, its just that my car came with F/I from the factory so its build wih much stronger parts. Also little boltons net a much bigger gain on my car than they do on a N/A Mod motor. Plus adding a aftermarket blower is much cheaper for me than you. And if somebody wants to say that comparing a car with F/I to one thats N/A is unfair, well that not my fault, I did not design the cars. The LS crowd normal doesn't have to make that excuse.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I think it would be a good race. BTW if I'm a Mark IV Supra owner in Mustang's clothing then your a Gen IV Camaro with a 9" rearend owner in Mustangs clothing.
I'll toast to that... :drinkbud::beer::drinkbud::beer: Then my car would be running like the fox is WITHOUT nitrous. :yup:
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Wrong. I can make power/speed a whole lot cheaper than you or most cars can. Thats one reason Terminators are so popular among the Mustang crowd.
You do realize that you are not including the price OF THE CAR...... Start of with a 23,000 dollar car and of course it is usually going to be faster than a car valued at a tenth of it's value(of the same type and/or class)... Trust me, for the mods AND the price of the car(the way bang for the buck is supposed to be measured) you will lose in EVERY aspect when comparing a fox to an 03 cobra. That's like me saying, "Sure I spent 68,000 bucks on a GT500, but with just a 8,000 dollar(give or take) blower swap and a tune for race gas, I can gain over 300 hp."

I've got about 9,000 in mine INCLUDING the car.... What about you? And I only are arguing this point because you decided to say that a termy is a better bang for the buck......
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
You do realize that you are not including the price OF THE CAR...... Start of with a 23,000 dollar car and of course it is usually going to be faster than a car valued at a tenth of it's value(of the same type and/or class)... Trust me, for the mods AND the price of the car(the way bang for the buck is supposed to be measured) you will lose in EVERY aspect when comparing a fox to an 03 cobra. That's like me saying, "Sure I spent 68,000 bucks on a GT500, but with just a 8,000 dollar(give or take) blower swap and a tune for race gas, I can gain over 300 hp."

I've got about 9,000 in mine INCLUDING the car.... What about you? And I only are arguing this point because you decided to say that a termy is a better bang for the buck......
Well thank you for helping me make my point, but I wasn't comparing a 03 Cobra to Foxbody, I was saying that its not always who has the most money that has the faster car. 03/04 Cobra = just a newer, nicer all around in every way, more desirable car than a Foxbody, so of course its going to cost more. A powerful Foxbody will never touch a powerful Terminator in terms of streetability, unless of course you swap in the Terminators motor. for $34,000 you got a brand new, underrated 390 hp car with a built motor, supercharger, 6-speed tranny, IRS, plus many other little parts that you need to add into the equation like nice seat, steering wheel, aluminum driveshaft, strong clutch, etc. I think they were a pretty good deal, and I payed $27,500 for my car with 13,700 miles. Now if we were just going part for part a 03/04 Cobra will kill a Foxbody in terms of HP per dollar. A SRT4 would kill a Foxbody in that aspect too, atleast up to a point.

:fu1: Heres a **** you smilie for the disgust smilie you always like to hand out. Have a nice day.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #119
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Well thank you for helping me make my point, but I wasn't comparing a 03 Cobra to Foxbody, I was saying that its not always who has the most money that has the faster car. 03/04 Cobra = just a newer, nicer all around in every way, more desirable car than a Foxbody, so of course its going to cost more. A powerful Foxbody will never touch a powerful Terminator in terms of streetability, unless of course you swap in the Terminators motor. for $34,000 you got a brand new, underrated 390 hp car with a built motor, supercharger, 6-speed tranny, IRS, plus many other little parts that you need to add into the equation like nice seat, steering wheel, aluminum driveshaft, strong clutch, etc. I think they were a pretty good deal, and I payed $27,500 for my car with 13,700 miles. Now if we were just going part for part a 03/04 Cobra will kill a Foxbody in terms of HP per dollar. A SRT4 would kill a Foxbody in that aspect too, atleast up to a point.

:fu1: Heres a **** you smilie for the disgust smilie you always like to hand out. Have a nice day.
You, my good sir, just spewed ignorance all over my monitor. Now I'm gonna have to wipe it up...
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Y2E0L0L5OGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Maryland
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

+1^ I agree...you are comparing your termy to a cars that are 10+ years older than yours...

My point about money was simply this...If you take two "evenly" matched vehicles, for instance, two 03/04 cobras...The "fast" one is going to be the guy who has deep pockets....which is all that roll-racing proves...now if you were to actually race from a dig or even go out on a road course, the better driver has a CHANCE to win, regardless of how much money is put into the cars...

I would much rather prove that I am a better driver than having a faster car...Maybe it's an ego thing, but I would rather be GREAT in a POS car than crappy in a great car...
__________________
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #121
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

I'm with that ^ guy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
+1^ I agree...you are comparing your termy to a cars that are 10+ years older than yours...

My point about money was simply this...If you take two "evenly" matched vehicles, for instance, two 03/04 cobras...The "fast" one is going to be the guy who has deep pockets....which is all that roll-racing proves...now if you were to actually race from a dig or even go out on a road course, the better driver has a CHANCE to win, regardless of how much money is put into the cars...

I would much rather prove that I am a better driver than having a faster car...Maybe it's an ego thing, but I would rather be GREAT in a POS car than crappy in a great car...
this is was I'm talking about. the reason jroc is not comming to grips with this fact is that he needs to back up what he said but has evdiance to back it up.
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
You, my good sir, just spewed ignorance all over my monitor. Now I'm gonna have to wipe it up...
In what way? I don't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
+1^ I agree...you are comparing your termy to a cars that are 10+ years older than yours...
I own a Terminator not a Termy. **** talking Bullit could buy a 08 Shelby GT500 and I would still argue with him. See many Foxbody owners on here like to think that Foxbodies are better than any other Mustang and thats just not the case. Sure their very good, relitively easy, and cheap to build into a fast car, but so are other Mustangs. So then they like to talk about 03/04 Cobras like their inferior or something and I get all mad and talk about how their not and then they get all mad and we argue. Thats the way things go so I don't understand why hell you S197 owners are getting in the middle of my argument with a couple of Foxbody owners.

Quote:
My point about money was simply this...If you take two "evenly" matched vehicles, for instance, two 03/04 cobras...The "fast" one is going to be the guy who has deep pockets....which is all that roll-racing proves...now if you were to actually race from a dig or even go out on a road course, the better driver has a CHANCE to win, regardless of how much money is put into the cars...
Well thats not what you had said.

Quote:
I would much rather prove that I am a better driver than having a faster car...Maybe it's an ego thing, but I would rather be GREAT in a POS car than crappy in a great car...

I would rather prove I'm great in a great car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
this is was I'm talking about. the reason jroc is not comming to grips with this fact is that he needs to back up what he said but has evdiance to back it up.
WTF are you talking about. First of all how an I going to back anything on here up. Should I film a documentary something?

Fact: The Cobra Commander is not gay.

Fact: Terminators are just better cars than an old Foxbody.

Fact: A bolton Foxbody is not faster that a Bolton Terminator.

Fact: A 600+ hp KB/Whipplecharged Cobra is if not just as, then extremely close to being as streetable as a stock one, as long as your off the boost. While a 600 hp Foxbody is not as friendly on the street as a stock one or a mod 03 Cobra.

^ These are facts, so IDK why you keep making comments saying that what I'm saying is wrong. Sounds like a jealous new Mustang owner to me. And if you disagree with these facts then your the ignorant one and not me.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #124
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
In what way? I don't see it.



I own a Terminator not a Termy. **** talking Bullit could buy a 08 Shelby GT500 and I would still argue with him. See many Foxbody owners on here like to think that Foxbodies are better than any other Mustang and thats just not the case. Sure their very good, relitively easy, and cheap to build into a fast car, but so are other Mustangs. So then they like to talk about 03/04 Cobras like their inferior or something and I get all mad and talk about how their not and then they get all mad and we argue. Thats the way things go so I don't understand why hell you S197 owners are getting in the middle of my argument with a couple of Foxbody owners.



Well thats not what you had said.




I would rather prove I'm great in a great car.



WTF are you talking about. First of all how an I going to back anything on here up. Should I film a documentary something?

Fact: The Cobra Commander is not gay.

Fact: Terminators are just better cars than an old Foxbody.

Fact: A bolton Foxbody is not faster that a Bolton Terminator.

Fact: A 600+ hp KB/Whipplecharged Cobra is if not just as, then extremely close to being as streetable as a stock one, as long as your off the boost. While a 600 hp Foxbody is not as friendly on the street as a stock one or a mod 03 Cobra.

^ These are facts, so IDK why you keep making comments saying that what I'm saying is wrong. Sounds like a jealous new Mustang owner to me. And if you disagree with these facts then your the ignorant one and not me.
How are they facts? Because you said so? Have you ever driven a 600hp Fox? I haven't, so I don't know if it is street able or not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

not the fact that a 600hp is more streetable that a fox. what I was talking about is the point of driving the cars on the track and it is more about the drive than the car in most app. so chill out and no one called you ignorant
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

and another thing how can I be jealous when my car is faster. the best part is the statement I just made is gonna start the whole lets run from a roll and whe'll see who is faster thing again. and again it's because the guys who want to race from a roll plain and simple can't drive their cars. thats a fact. you have to be able to harness the power that your car has if not than it's useless. perfect example any new GTO you talk to will tell you that it takes a long time to learn how to launch damn thing. so bottom line is if you can't race form a dig, you can't drive your car.
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
Y2E0L0L5OGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Maryland
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
and another thing how can I be jealous when my car is faster. the best part is the statement I just made is gonna start the whole lets run from a roll and whe'll see who is faster thing again. and again it's because the guys who want to race from a roll plain and simple can't drive their cars. thats a fact. you have to be able to harness the power that your car has if not than it's useless. perfect example any new GTO you talk to will tell you that it takes a long time to learn how to launch damn thing. so bottom line is if you can't race form a dig, you can't drive your car.
I bet I am faster than you around an auto-x course, so what now? :box: haha jfwy
__________________
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:03 PM   #128
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
and another thing how can I be jealous when my car is faster. the best part is the statement I just made is gonna start the whole lets run from a roll and whe'll see who is faster thing again. and again it's because the guys who want to race from a roll plain and simple can't drive their cars. thats a fact. you have to be able to harness the power that your car has if not than it's useless. perfect example any new GTO you talk to will tell you that it takes a long time to learn how to launch damn thing. so bottom line is if you can't race form a dig, you can't drive your car.
Ooo Ooooo...that's me...that's me.

I can't launch for effect to save my life...I can on the street because you are not trying to get a low 60 time...so you have time to get it rolling a little before mashing...but at the track I can't get the hook and go working at all.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
I bet I am faster than you around an auto-x course, so what now? :box: haha jfwy
don't bet on it i've some auto x before might take me a few laps to get the feel again
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

think the 4.10s might give me hell thou
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

question what the hell is with the naming your car the whole commander and terminater thing is kinda gay
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #132
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
question what the hell is with the naming your car the whole commander and terminater thing is kinda gay
The terminator thing is from ford...in case you didn't know. That was the code name for the project.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

oh ok
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:42 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
How are they facts? Because you said so? Have you ever driven a 600hp Fox? I haven't, so I don't know if it is street able or not.
No, because I've riden in full bolton Foxbodies and driven modded ones, but they didn't make near 600 whp, and they are not as streeable as a Terminator, but yeah you can drive them on the street without a problem. Mod motors are more modern so their naturally smoother. I'm not saying their better for making power or not, but they are more refined. A 302 hits real hard when you mash the throttle, its actually kind of fun, very torquey feeling, especially when compared to a N/A Modular motor.

To make 600 whp with a smallblock plushrod Ford motor not only are you going to have to build you a good bottomend but your more than likely going to have to change your heads, and cam and stuff of that naughter, and not just up your boost, and thats going to start to taking away from the streetability aspect of it.

A Terminator on the other hand doesn't require you to even open you valve covers to get 600 or more whp. I'm not saying that head work and aftermarket cams want help you make HP but its not a neccessity to reach these power levels. All you need to do is upgrade you fuel system, add a good exhaust, CAI, Whipple/KB, around 17 lbs of boost, LT's are a good idea, and good tune, and you should be going on or surpassing the 600 whp mark on pump gas, while at the same time being just as streetable as a Terminator running a stock blower running the stock boost. Then if you add some twins(which are pretty expensive) you should be approaching 700 whp on pump gas, I would start thinking about getting a better bottomend at this point as it will start to get risky, but some people do run on the stock bottomend at these power levels. The thing is a baby as long as you keep the boost gauge down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
and another thing how can I be jealous when my car is faster.
Now your just spitting out bull **** because you got you little feelings hurt. Even with you 150 shot I feel sure that I probably put down more power than you in your heavier,(contrary to what Ford claims) less aerodynamic, 5-speed car. Sorry but an 03 Cobra is just a better performance car than a 05+ GT Mustang, argue that all you want but you'll just be talking more ****.

Quote:
the best part is the statement I just made is gonna start the whole lets run from a roll and whe'll see who is faster thing again.
I never said anything about me racing from a roll. I will never plan out a street race, thats when you get in trouble. I don't think I said anything about wanting to race anybody period. Ya'll are putting words in my mouth. All I was saying is my car produces enough power to be faster than his and roll racing was the best example I could think of. If I lived around him then I would race him just to appease ya'll, but I'm not going to go to some seprate track and compare track times with him and proclaim the one with the faster E.T the faster car. Lets just say that I went to a track and ran a faster E.T. than a new Z06 would that make my car the faster car? No, his car still has what it takes to be the faster car. That was what the arguement was until ya'll went to flipping it into something else. I said he MIGHT be able to run a faster E.T. than me because I've never done it, and he's willing to launch his car harder than me, but I'm a pretty good driver IMO, I can rip the gears alright, and I'm sure with a little experence I would be pretty good at Drag Racing. But I honestly don't care about adding it into my time right now, I just like having a bad *** street car, thats why I bought it, because its fun and I enjoy it, but one of these days I wouldn't mind testing me and my car out in a 1/4 mile.

I can guarrentee you that my car is a 11 second capable car as it sits right now with the right driver and some sticky tires. There are quite a few people doing it with my mods and a rearend brace. Infact there are plenty of full interior, 6-speed, ported blower Cobras running 10's, and yes a few are even running the IRS. A ported blower, TB, and plentium more often than not adds ruffly 60 hp, and I really don't think that thats enough to turn a 12 second car into a 10 second car.

Quote:
and again it's because the guys who want to race from a roll plain and simple can't drive their cars. thats a fact.
No thats you talking ****. Atleast what I'm saying is real, even if ya'll don't like it. The only reason I am opposed to roll racing is because your doing it on a public road and that is illegel and puts other people at risk. I think one reason your so opposed to it is because your car wouldn't be very good at it. It seems to me that everybody like to race to their cars strengths and say that other forums of racing are stupid.

Quote:
you have to be able to harness the power that your car has if not than it's useless.
Yes, DR's, Slicks.

Quote:
perfect example any new GTO you talk to will tell you that it takes a long time to learn how to launch damn thing.
Those are some nice cars. I test drove a new one and rode in a modded one that was pretty damn fast. Both had LS2's. They have a very nice feel to the interior, seats, steering wheel, shifter.

Quote:
so bottom line is if you can't race form a dig, you can't drive your car.
I can race from a dig, atleast I can get off the line or whatever you want to call it on the street pretty fast I think. Again all I'm saying is I've never ran at a track, and yes of course I would rather win a race in a slower car ,than lose one in a faster one, but thats not what I was trying to argue. Why would you want to race to lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
question what the hell is with the naming your car the whole commander and terminater thing is kinda gay
To my argrovation many Sonic Blue Cobra owners have named their cars Cobra Commander. I found this out after I bought my car and join some SVT sites, by this time I had already named my car Cobra Commander. I was hoping it was orginal for me, but it wasn't. You see the Cobra Commander was the evil leader of Cobra on GI JOE, and he wore a blue suit and since a Sonic Blue Cobra is blue and it a Cobra the name just fits.


I feel like Thomas with all this damn typing.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

for starters the whole my car is faster is a fact until you show a time slip their is nothing else to talk about. i don't race on the street cause its not worth risking everything for bragging rights thats why i race at the track. you say that you know people running 11s but i don't see anyone here. not to slam rob but his car runs 13s. you talk a good game but you don't have clue cause you never have and untill you have you don't know. everyone i know thinks their car are fast till thay get to the track and see what their car really runs. you say i am sspreading ****. i speek from personal experance. how about you? i'm not gonna go over this again and again with you come back when you have a time slip or wanna met at track somewere. as far as the names of the car i didnt know the history of it so just mark it down to my learning curve into themustang world
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #136
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

#1) If you think a 2005+ GT weighs more than a 2003-2004 Cobra, you are delusional.

#2) Just because you don't know how to build a streetable 600 rwhp Fox, doesn't mean no one else does. 408 + good set of heads + mild cam + 12 psi = 600 rwhp.

#3) What you call "refined", I call "no balls". Torque is what makes the world go 'round, and mod motors don't have it. That's why I hate my '06. No balls whatsoever. The 03-04 Cobras are much better because the roots blower, but they still don't have quite the kick around 1500-2000 RPM which is, in my opinion, what makes a street car fun.

#4) You can talk all day about what other people have ran, or what you could run, or what you once had a dream about running, or what your Mom ran in the 1000m back in high school or what kind of Yogurt you prefer even. They all have about the same relevance in this discussion.

#5) GI Joe is the ****. Cobra Commander is the coolest nickname for a car EVER.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
for starters the whole my car is faster is a fact until you show a time slip their is nothing else to talk about. i don't race on the street cause its not worth risking everything for bragging rights thats why i race at the track. you say that you know people running 11s but i don't see anyone here. not to slam rob but his car runs 13s. you talk a good game but you don't have clue cause you never have and untill you have you don't know. everyone i know thinks their car are fast till thay get to the track and see what their car really runs. you say i am sspreading ****. i speek from personal experance. how about you? i'm not gonna go over this again and again with you come back when you have a time slip or wanna met at track somewere. as far as the names of the car i didnt know the history of it so just mark it down to my learning curve into themustang world
Blah, blah, blah... an E.T. is all that matters. Blah, blah, blah... thats what everybody with a fast car should do. Blah, blah, blah... BTW if your a good driver only running "in the 12's" is not very good for a 05 GT with 150 shot, and some 4.10's unless your on crappy tires, and if you want to say that I've never raced a car at a track so I can't talk, well I just now its not. I'm not a racer, like I said I just like having fun with a fast street car. But if you want to meet up and race me, heres the best I'll do. I'll meet you at Valdosta, GA on Friday August 24. If you don't want to I understand, that is probably a good bit father for you than me. Its probably about 5 hour for me, but I want to go home and thats where I grow up and havent been there in 3 years. If anybody else would like to challenge me to this then tell me and we can sign up here.

Valdosta track rental - Musclecar Evolution

BTW Robs car is easily capable of a faster time. Rob probably just isn't willing to lauch his car very hard as I wouldn't be either. MM&FF ran a 12.3 in a bone stock 03 Cobra if I'm not mistaken. But that defenantly not the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
#1) If you think a 2005+ GT weighs more than a 2003-2004 Cobra, you are delusional.

Sorry, but I've never seen anyone post a race weight on a full interior 05+ that was less than 3700lbs. Of course I'm getting this info from magazines. I think to honestly determine this you would need to take both a stock Terminator and stock 05 GT and weigh them on the same scale as I believe scales are like dyno's in that they vary.

Quote:
#2) Just because you don't know how to build a streetable 600 rwhp Fox, doesn't mean no one else does. 408 + good set of heads + mild cam + 12 psi = 600 rwhp.

I still don't think it would be as streetable as a Termintor. And since you get to throw a different size motor than what came from the factory in the Foxbody, you could throw a GT500 motor in the Terminator with a screw blower and be making over 700 whp at maybe 14psi and probably be more refined than with the origanal motor.

Quote:
#3) What you call "refined", I call "no balls". Torque is what makes the world go 'round, and mod motors don't have it. That's why I hate my '06. No balls whatsoever. The 03-04 Cobras are much better because the roots blower, but they still don't have quite the kick around 1500-2000 RPM which is, in my opinion, what makes a street car fun.

Well a 302 doesn't pull as well in the upper RPM's. An 03/04 Cobra makes a very broad powerband and is very easy to modulate.(I guess thats the word I'm looking for. Its very easy and predictable to use) IMO a 302 has a very hard hitting fast throttle response, and yes its very fun, and you feel like a pimp when your drive a 5 liter Foxbody, but I wouldn't want that as my only driver useless I was still young, especially with and automatic with a shift kit. I had a buddy with one and that ***** would hit hard.

Quote:
#4) You can talk all day about what other people have ran, or what you could run, or what you once had a dream about running, or what your Mom ran in the 1000m back in high school or what kind of Yogurt you prefer even. They all have about the same relevance in this discussion.
Yes, I cannot speak from experience myself interms of me running an E.T. Yes I'm going for what other people have done, but like I said this didn't start off as a DR discussion, thats what ya'll turned it into.

Quote:
#5) GI Joe is the ****. Cobra Commander is the coolest nickname for a car EVER.
Thank you.




I have to go get me hair cut now.

Edit: Sorry I had to go back and separate quotes. I forgot to do that.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #138
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
#3) What you call "refined", I call "no balls". Torque is what makes the world go 'round, and mod motors don't have it. That's why I hate my '06. No balls whatsoever. The 03-04 Cobras are much better because the roots blower, but they still don't have quite the kick around 1500-2000 RPM which is, in my opinion, what makes a street car fun.
400+ for me from 2000+ (never started a pull below 2k, so I am not sure where I Am there).

But...my car doesn't really count...a bit too modded really.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #139
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Sorry, but I've never seen anyone post a race weight on a full interior 05+ that was less than 3700lbs. Of course I'm getting this info from magazines.
Well, here are the stock curb weights from Ford. If anyone knows, I would think they would.

2003 Cobra Curb Weight : 3664 LBS (coupe)
2005 Mustang GT Curb Weight : 3425 LBS (coupe)

The key to this is understaning that 3425 pounds is indeed less than 3664 pounds. I know it's hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
I still don't think it would be as streetable as a Termintor. And since you get to throw a different size motor than what came from the factory in the Foxbody, you could throw a GT500 motor in the Terminator with a screw blower and be making over 700 whp at maybe 14psi and probably be more refined than with the origanal motor.
You said a 600 rwhp Fox. You didn't say a 600 rwhp 302. By the way, how much would that GT500 motor run you these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
Well a 302 doesn't pull as well in the upper RPM's. An 03/04 Cobra makes a very broad powerband and is very easy to modulate.(I guess thats the word I'm looking for. Its very easy and predictable to use) IMO a 302 has a very hard hitting fast throttle response, and yes its very fun, and you feel like a pimp when your drive a 5 liter Foxbody, but I wouldn't want that as my only driver useless I was still young, especially with and automatic with a shift kit. I had a buddy with one and that ***** would hit hard.
I thought you were all about street cars? What does it matter how hard it pulls in the upper RPMs if it has more torque than an 18-wheeler? Saying a 302 doesn't pull as well in the upper RPMs is a very broad statement too. Ever heard of a Boss 302? It all depends on the combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
Yes, I can not speak from experiance myself interns of me running an E.T. Yes I'm going for what other people have done, but like I said this didn't start off as a DR discussion, that what ya'll turned it into.
Well, lets talk about cargo area instead. A Fox hatch has tons more cargo area than an 03-04 Cobra. I fit an entire drum set in the back of mine once.

Or, we could talk about their usefulness as a pancake making device. Have you ever made pancakes with your Cobra? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
Thank you.
Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
I have to go get me hair cut now.
I don't.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: Ford To Build 600 HP And 725 HP GT500's

you say that 12s in a s197 with a 150shot is slow well it was 12.15 spinning the tires out the hole now i have some real DRs and am going to the track tonight and am expecting to be in the 11s. but you know what i have my thoughts and you have yours in fact i really like the cobras. we are not gonna change each others minds so lets leave it as it is. we know everyone is partial to the car that we own. and yes it is easier to make power with a car that is factory s/c but that doesn't meen that it can't be done with any other car. and no i can't make it to GA it's like 10 hours for me just run your car and post the time so you can see how tuff it is to make a good time
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S197 GT500's everywhere? DDTCM General Mustang Discussion 25 05-30-2010 10:57 PM
TT Ford GT from build to finish PureVenom Pictures and Videos 9 09-23-2006 07:24 PM
GT500's Now Arriving at dealers PureVenom General Mustang Discussion 9 06-28-2006 04:40 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.