Fellow Stang Owner needs help?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #1

Fellow Stang Owner needs help??

Hello ,Does anyone in here have any info on the 1990 fox (7 UP) car? I am really having a hard time here! I have a 7up car that i have owned for 15 years.(just got smashed last week by a full size chevy truck) Yea I know !! Killing me to see it go! My problem is My insurance company ( State Farm) is trying to screw me?? They are telling me that the vin on my car says nothing about it being a limited edition car? (I know alot about these cars) But it turns out these wonderful people at State Farm want to only give me the value of a 90 lx. not the limited edition?? being a real feature car I just cant sleep at night till i prove them wrong! Sorry for the long post here but I could use some help with this? Just thought fellow mustang guys/girls would understand?? Any ideas??? Thanks ,Scott
walkersstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Fellow Stang Owner needs help??

From a fellow 7-up owner I feel your pain...

Best thing I can tell you is use this website:
Welcome to Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Page

I really don't think there is anything specific in the vin for a 7up car which is sad...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #3

Yea I am finding that out. I got them to send in a third party appraiser to tell me if my car is in fact a limited?? WTF? I guess i will just stick to the fact that it has the options, and the paint code in the vin/door sticker/buck tag?Really sucks! I cant think of any other way to prove it to these people?? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Best way will be paint code of PA on Door tag and buck tag...

I've been debating collectors agreed policy insurance and this just solidifies that position.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #5

I have a 93 Special Edition convertible. When facing the car, pop the hood and see if it says Special Edition behind the right headlight. Mine does, yours might too. Let me know. Deb
1993hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #6

Hi Deb, Thanks for the idea.I have already taken out the driver side headlight just to be sure.Nothing but the buck tag? Witch it does show the vin numbers and paint code PA( deep emerald green) The only stang offered in that color.The appraiser fellow came out today and took a bunch of info.Said he in going to research it and let State farm know??? I just really want to prove these A..holes wrong!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

I don't blame you. I would try to to do the same. These people deserve to understand that we as owners are not going to stand to be ripped off.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Contact Ford and see if they can help with some info about the car, something that your insurance guy can verify. Search the net. You should find something. Go to Hemmings and look for the value of your car. Hemmings gives good estimates on old cars.
tonyjuan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion