I wanna go fast(er)? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I wanna go fast(er)?

Pretty simple rant here. Almost like Ricky Bobby's story.. I wanna go faster and I need some suggestions how to do it.

My Friends Stick v6, Wen't 105MPH, not fast enough.

My Auto v6, Wen't 110MPH, not fast enough.

My Friends Auto GT, Wen't 120MPH, not fast enough. Good friend, surprised he left me go that fast.

My Sisters Auto 350Z, Wen't 115MPH, Not fast enough. She didn't know about it, smiley face.

My Dad's Auto Vette, Wen't 130MPH on Nitrious down the PCH, fast. Not fast enough. Verry fast though.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it just me, or does anyone else feel you need to go faster? My v6 isn't meeting my demands .

v0nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: I wanna go fast(er)?

It has a speed limiter on it unless you get a tune or have it turn off at the dealer. I suggest a tune and underdrive pullies and cai and try it again.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

there are two things that most mean by "faster" its either getting from point A to B faster (as in more hp/tq) or they want to go faster MPH wise like 200mph vs 100mph.

On a public road going much over the speed limit is simple stupidity, you cant even control safety and conditions on a controlled track environment 100%... what makes you think you have the ability to control many things that can happen on a public road? I guess I call that common since. As long as its only you that gets hurt then thats acceptable but you never know what might happen.

On a closed course go for it, have fun, enjoy. In order to break the mph you can gear the car different or have more hp/tq, or finally make the care more streamlined. The V6 cuts off at 115~ or there about based on a limiter which can be removed. A convertible is not nearly as safe in an accident so keep that in mind as well.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0nz View Post
Pretty simple rant here. Almost like Ricky Bobby's story.. I wanna go faster and I need some suggestions how to do it.

My Friends Auto GT, Wen't 120MPH, not fast enough. Good friend, surprised he left me go that fast.

My Sisters Auto 350Z, Wen't 115MPH, Not fast enough. She didn't know about it, smiley face.

My Dad's Auto Vette, Wen't 130MPH on Nitrious down the PCH, fast. Not fast enough. Verry fast though.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it just me, or does anyone else feel you need to go faster? My v6 isn't meeting my demands .
Wow. Seriously. If you are talking about on the street, you are a complete dumbass. What's the difference in going 115 or 150? You're dead either way in an accident
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
^agreed^
Old 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

yea, learn the time/place to do things like that and how to be safe at them
Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
If you're not first, you're last!!!! Haha.

Yeah, I agree with everyone here. Please tell me you are doing this on a track. You never know what could happen on any public road in an instant.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well I mean, it was pretty late at night with my friends GT, my car, and my sisters 350Z. I wasnt driving my dad's vette on the PCH, he was and hes really experienced. But we got a ticket from a cop coming on the freeway that clocked us at 133MPH and he gave us a ticket for whatever the highest ticket is. I probably won't do that again, but I am mature when I race on the streets, I try to do it on roads no one is on.

OT: I'm probably gonna have to get a tuner for the limiter.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

get a lambo.

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I mean, it was pretty late at night with my friends GT, my car, and my sisters 350Z. I wasnt driving my dad's vette on the PCH, he was and hes really experienced. But we got a ticket from a cop coming on the freeway that clocked us at 133MPH and he gave us a ticket for whatever the highest ticket is. I probably won't do that again, but I am mature when I race on the streets, I try to do it on roads no one is on.

OT: I'm probably gonna have to get a tuner for the limiter.
I don't see how mature and street racing even belong in the same sentence. You do realize that even the slightest bump and you will probably drive off the side of the road. You should've thanked the cop for not bringing you to jail. How old r u btw? It took me some time to grow up and I can only hope you do the same before its too late. If you want thrills, mod your car and bring it to the track. Unless now the cool thing is what your car tops out at. I've always been into the quarter mile times and dyno sheets but whatever
Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771

I don't see how mature and street racing even belong in the same sentence. You do realize that even the slightest bump and you will probably drive off the side of the road. You should've thanked the cop for not bringing you to jail. How old r u btw? It took me some time to grow up and I can only hope you do the same before its too late. If you want thrills, mod your car and bring it to the track. Unless now the cool thing is what your car tops out at. I've always been into the quarter mile times and dyno sheets but whatever
Well put... second that
KMP90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yes every car guy out there and the need the need for speed and everyone has to scratch the itch sometime I have a v6 iv run 138 in before and I'm building a big 5.0 and I took my uncles 07 gt500 out after he tuned it and run 180 but all that speed isn't smart for the street so if u do anything to your car be smart and take the speed to the track but as for upgrades a good tune Cai and some pully work and maybe some exhaust will Proly scratch ur itch
mikewebb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
Actually, that was pretty well put. I think I'm gonna start getting into quarter miles before I paralyze myself. But if a friend offers to race, I cant refuse it. I just won't do it a lot.

And yea, I love to see my dyno sheet

Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

If you're not on a track or a closed course, why do you need to go that fast?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith

Quote:
Actually, that was pretty well put. I think I'm gonna start getting into quarter miles before I paralyze myself. But if a friend offers to race, I cant refuse it. I just won't do it a lot.

And yeah, I love to see my dyno sheet
Get on a 1/4 mile track!!! It is a rush the first ten times you do it! I get the part where you race if someone wants to show you up! I hate to loose! Just keep it 100mph or less and back down quickly. Cops will take you right to jail! Been there done that! LOL

Have fun!!! be safe!!!!
drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Did you try reverse?
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

i like the title of this post because its like my screen name. but seriously everyone is like omg dont street race dont go that fast, but yet we all own muscle cars and im sure there is time we all did what ur telling him not to do. lets not be hypocritical here
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
If you're not first, you're last!!!! Haha.

Yeah, I agree with everyone here. Please tell me you are doing this on a track. You never know what could happen on any public road in an instant.
Ok Lalayla enough from talledega nights. Seriously fast is great in a controlled environment.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast
i like the title of this post because its like my screen name. but seriously everyone is like omg dont street race dont go that fast, but yet we all own muscle cars and im sure there is time we all did what ur telling him not to do. lets not be hypocritical here
I will be honest I do but I wait and try to do it at the track. I do burnout and race but not at the speeds that are talked about.

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 12-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #20
Road Trip!

I have done speeds up to 120 ish in my stang and it was on the interstate running with the traffic. but it was only for a few miles.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

yea dont street race, its simply NOT worth it... did you know that if you are street racing and the guy you are racing hits someone and kills them... YOU ARE ALSO liable and could go to jail for the rest of your life? The track is a TON of fun, no worry about tickets, safer, and all around a better experience.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ijack

Ok Lalayla enough from talledega nights. Seriously fast is great in a controlled environment.
Don't make me quote the damn movie now.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Don't make me quote the damn movie now.
Lol I think it is a hilarious movie shake and bake.

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

That's like looking up Yasmine Bleeth's skirt!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
That's like looking up Yasmine Bleeth's skirt!
Save me tom cruise I'm on fire!
KMP90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

My fav part! lol

Susan: It's because it's what you love, Ricky. It is who you were born to be. And here you sit, thinking. Well, Ricky Bobby is not a thinker. Ricky Bobby is a driver. He is a doer. And that's what you need to do. You don't need to think. You need to drive. You need speed. You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine. You need to fire it up. You need to grab a hold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra! And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years. And it is good. And you use it. And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win, Ricky. You WIN! And you don't win for anybody else. You win for you, you know why? Because a man takes what he wants. He takes it all. And you're a man, aren't you? Aren't you?
Ricky Bobby: [pauses] Susan, I've never heard you talk like that... Are we about to get it on? Because I'm as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
My fav part! lol

Susan: It's because it's what you love, Ricky. It is who you were born to be. And here you sit, thinking. Well, Ricky Bobby is not a thinker. Ricky Bobby is a driver. He is a doer. And that's what you need to do. You don't need to think. You need to drive. You need speed. You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine. You need to fire it up. You need to grab a hold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra! And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years. And it is good. And you use it. And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win, Ricky. You WIN! And you don't win for anybody else. You win for you, you know why? Because a man takes what he wants. He takes it all. And you're a man, aren't you? Aren't you?
Ricky Bobby: [pauses] Susan, I've never heard you talk like that... Are we about to get it on? Because I'm as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now.

If you did that from memory that is pretty damn good lol.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Lol I probably could but that was good ol copy and paste, too lazy for that!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Doesn't every one have this Problem lol. Unfortunately for me I don't have any money to put in my car
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Yeah me and my dad went 155 down the interstate in his dodge ram srt-10. That is a fast truck.
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
My fav part! lol

OH! PLEASE KEEP TALKING DIRTY TO ME! LOL jk
Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #32
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

omg...i bet u cant pic out the L.E.O.'s in this thread. anything over 100mph and you go straight to jail n ohio...no questions asked. u better pray u run into a guy that doesnt feel like wait'n on a tow truck and doin prisoner transport, cause ur car can get taken and crushed in sum cases. but like someone else said... we've all been guilty at sum point.. i didnt put an almost $3k supercharger on my car cause i gotta thing for hairdryers, nor did i add the 160 speedo cause i got a thing for 3 digit numbers. but again, like someone else said, there's a time and a place... anyway, here at mustang evolution we dont condone illicit behavior of our members..i.e street racing or goin for personal mph records. like me... i blew by a deputy sheriff at at 148 in my coupe ..on a closed road course, lmao!!! jk...seriously...my point is..say track or road course if your goin to brag and stop snitchn on yourself for felonies ppl.
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

actually only dumbass drivers have this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC770 View Post
Doesn't every one have this Problem lol. Unfortunately for me I don't have any money to put in my car
Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

how did u only get 138 in a vette with nitrous? doesnt seem like much
and yea ive never gone over 110 on an empty 8 lane highway on mine over that much is too much imo

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman

OH! PLEASE KEEP TALKING DIRTY TO ME! LOL jk
Straub. I think you have a crush.

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion