Stop Rattle! lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to explicitrock Send a message via Yahoo to explicitrock Send a message via Skype™ to explicitrock
Stop Rattle! lol

I wish I could stop the rattle coming from the inside of my car, All excited when I got my exhaust now everything on the dash rattles, lol it only seems to annoy me and not the passengers, but I was wondering if there was an easy fix? its only the air vents that rattle so my plan was to take them out and put Something behind like velvet or cushion or something to make it not rattle, maybe even gasket maker! Does anyone have a quick fix for this?
explicitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Stop Rattle! lol

they are known to rattle, you can pop them out and secure a few things and it should stop. Also the shifter bezel has 4 little push clips in it, when you pop it off generally one or so gets lost.. this causes rattles (I am missing two of those damn things myself)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to explicitrock Send a message via Yahoo to explicitrock Send a message via Skype™ to explicitrock

Yeah I think im missing some of those myself, because it looks like mine is on a little slanted and I Cannot fix! I'm going to figure this out!
explicitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Good news, the rattles were a free add on when you bought a mustang. We don't have to pay extra for those.

The best way to get rid of them is to go through your dash and put some form of noise deadener between anything that can move like all the bezels in the dash. Whether it be some form of felt tape or actual product made to go between things to kill sound like this stuff Acoustic Vibration Insulation for Mobile Audio
Old 12-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom
Good news, the rattles were a free add on when you bought a mustang. We don't have to pay extra for those.

The best way to get rid of them is to go through your dash and put some form of noise deadener between anything that can move like all the bezels in the dash. Whether it be some form of felt tape or actual product made to go between things to kill sound like this stuff Acoustic Vibration Insulation for Mobile Audio
I think I got jipped when I bought mine I've had it for over 100k miles even put 2500watts of Rockford Fosgate madness in the trunk and a borla thunderstorm under the chassis and still can't find any rattles … lucky dawg
CrimsonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
I think I got jipped when I bought mine I've had it for over 100k miles even put 2500watts of Rockford Fosgate madness in the trunk and a borla thunderstorm under the chassis and still can't find any rattles … lucky dawg
I'd take it back and tell them to give you one with the rattles as your's is clearly defective.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Add a few pennies to the cup holders fixs mine every time.
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion