3.55's and a window sticker. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
3.55's and a window sticker.

Greetings all, please excuse my sporadic activity lately as I am just now getting settled in after the holidays.

Anyway, I was messing around the other day and found out I have a 3.55 rear axle, or so the sticker on the axle says it is.

I was wondering is that standard on the 06' Pony Package? The sticker shows that it came from Ford and it also specifies the proper oil to use on it. How often should I oil the gears, (or have them oiled rather)? if ever?

One last question, does anyone here know how to locate the original sticker? I've searched the link on here that's about a year old, and it says 'invalid hash.' I don't know where the car was purchased since I bought it second hand. Would Ford be able to locate the original dealer, if it's still around ?

Thanks all.
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 3.55's and a window sticker.

Given the sticker pretty sure you have 3.55s, but I don't know what the v6s had.. I know the GT had 3.55s standard until 07 when they became optional with 3.31s standard

Not sure where you can find all the information on your car, but if you know someone at a Ford dealer they should be able to run your VIN and find the factory equipment/options/specs on your car

As far as maintenance, just follow the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual, they don't need any sort of special attention beyond that..
Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

99-04 GT's had 3.27 rear gears in 05 they went to 3.31 with an option for 3.55 I believe. I have no idea on V6's~ but I didnt think they had 3.55's. The 03/04 cobra had 3.55's though stock to help with the gearing on the T-56 6 speed in them.

You need to change your rear end fluid either at 50k or 100k lol not very often~ its not super easy to do but not hard either. You can either suck the fluid out and reload it (through the fill hole) or you can pop the rear cover off and rain it and reseal it and then put fluid in it. The issue here is the reseal HAS TO BE GOOD or it will leak. Its hard to get a seal back on the rear differential cover since oil is hard to get off and get a clean surface to bond with for the RTV so many dont mess with it till around 100k~ or if they are doing a gear change. You can buy gaskets for it instead of RTV silicon.

for your window sticker you should still be able to access it here

services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=[your VIN here]

just replace the brackets with your vin number (do not include the brackets in the link right after the equal sign put your vin number)

I got lucky and tracked down the guy at ford over inventory and had them make me and mail me a new window sticker the one above is only electronic but its printable etc
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

3.31s were standard for the 06. I don't think the 3.55s became a option until 07
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Thanks guys for the help. I feel somewhat enlightened. Nothing can explain the mystery of this car. It's eating me alive LOL.

Spec-that site is not working correctly for whatever reason. However, after some extensive re-search, I found a new site,
Untitled Page

Same as above put in the = sign after VIN and type in the full VIN. It still doesn't show mine, but it was an early model '06. I'm beginning to think it's probably better that I don't know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion