Rivalry!! - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I'm not a total GM basher but what kind of American name is Chevrolet? It looks french. Haha
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Mustangs rule!! Lol
Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco
Mustangs rule!! Lol
Amen
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Do you think I can beat a 350z? I figured it would definitely be tough.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy
Not a Nismo edition. Lol
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I beat 350z's all the time with ease in my v6 but then again the turbo prolly helps lol... But no I don't think your car with the upgrades u have that I know of from reading your posts would take a 350 really depends on the drivers if manuals
Mustangguy0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangguy0202

I beat 350z's all the time with ease in my v6 but then again the turbo prolly helps lol... But no I don't think your car with the upgrades u have that I know of from reading your posts would take a 350 really depends on the drivers if manuals
K. Thanks
Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Does anyone have a gt killer v6? Over heard of them just not really seen any. I think I'm going to try and fix mine to that point. Kind of a sleeper.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #149
Road Trip!

Quote:
Does anyone have a gt killer v6? Over heard of them just not really seen any. I think I'm going to try and fix mine to that point. Kind of a sleeper.
It's a good goal but I believe that would cost you more than just buying a gt...
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

It's a good goal but I believe that would cost you more than just buying a gt...
Yah. But I don't think I can get rid of my stang. . Lol.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #151
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Nope
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was gonna make my old one a sleeper, but a v8 has a better sound, and you can get more out of them.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #153
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang

I was gonna make my old one a sleeper, but a v8 has a better sound, and you can get more out of them.
Agreed, when I had my sixer I was thinking the same thing but then I gave into the gt's power and sound!...
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

Agreed, when I had my sixer I was thinking the same thing but then I gave into the gt's power and sound!...
Yea. Lol
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Yah. I think ur right. I'll have to trade up eventually. Lol
Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yah. I think ur right. I'll have to trade up eventually. Lol
Hey! Don't be stupid. I ended up getting a car that was faster and sounded way better, but looked bad compared to my 97 v6. It looked great. I was worried about what people might think because it was a v6, now I worry about what people might think of the appearance of my 89. It's a sleeper though. So it's good. Be happy with what u got. Dont worry about other opinions, or about losing a race. You've got a domestic, they've got an import, your motors straight. Their motors are sideways in most of the ricers. Lol
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang

Hey! Don't be stupid. I ended up getting a car that was faster and sounded way better, but looked bad compared to my 97 v6. It looked great. I was worried about what people might think because it was a v6, now I worry about what people might think of the appearance of my 89. It's a sleeper though. So it's good. Be happy with what u got. Dont worry about other opinions, or about losing a race. You've got a domestic, they've got an import, your motors straight. Their motors are sideways in most of the ricers. Lol
Lol. Thanks man. Yah most of the people that give me hell have 4 cylinder ricers anyway. Haha.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

I've beaten an 2002 impala. I like them. And I beat a grand prix at the same time. It was awesome.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I do... But a ton of money has gone into it... There's no feeling quite like smokin a gt with a v6 and their reaction is priceless lol.... For me it was insurance that kept me away from the gt... Was 18 when I bought my 6 and was payin 350 a month I didn't wanna c how much an 8 would cost lol
Mustangguy0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #160
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Photo I took. Lol

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangguy0202

Yes I do... But a ton of money has gone into it... There's no feeling quite like smokin a gt with a v6 and their reaction is priceless lol.... For me it was insurance that kept me away from the gt... Was 18 when I bought my 6 and was payin 350 a month I didn't wanna c how much an 8 would cost lol
That's my problem too
Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, I wanted something that would deffinately beat them, because they were not stock. And yew, insurance is my problem which is why I have 4 cyl conversion. Lol
Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #163
Road Trip!

You will get there joshy. One mod at a time
Old 02-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett
You will get there joshy. One mod at a time
Yep. I am planning on buying a truck next year so I'm trying to save and stop at intake headers an tune. But just for now.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #165
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yep. I am planning on buying a truck next year so I'm trying to save and stop at intake headers an tune. But just for now.
K lil mustanger. The best performance mod will be gears and a trac-loc. You will really feel that to start off with. Then do the exhaust because we all love the sound of a mustang,even a sixxer. Then move up to the intake side to get the most from the exhaust. Gears are by far the best mod because you will feel like your car just got 50 hp. 3.90s or 4.10s will accelerate the best. And your mileage won't drop that bad. Well it will at first because you won't be able to keep your foot out of it. After you take care of intake and exhaust buy a wet nitrous kit,75 hp shot tops for a sixxer. And I have some 55/65 hp shots I will give you for free when you get to that point. Gears first young man
Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #166
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

K lil mustanger. The best performance mod will be gears and a trac-loc. You will really feel that to start off with. Then do the exhaust because we all love the sound of a mustang,even a sixxer. Then move up to the intake side to get the most from the exhaust. Gears are by far the best mod because you will feel like your car just got 50 hp. 3.90s or 4.10s will accelerate the best. And your mileage won't drop that bad. Well it will at first because you won't be able to keep your foot out of it. After you take care of intake and exhaust buy a wet nitrous kit,75 hp shot tops for a sixxer. And I have some 55/65 hp shots I will give you for free when you get to that point. Gears first young man
But remember that gears will affect your mpg. If money spent on gas is an issue, you may not want gears.
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #167
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: Rivalry!!

I don't own Mustangs for the mileage. That's what riceburners and hybrids are for.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #168
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno4life

But remember that gears will affect your mpg. If money spent on gas is an issue, you may not want gears.
Anything that enhances performance will burn more gas. And it will help your city mileage and it will take less pedal pressure on the highway to get going. Do you have gears and are you commenting from experience. I do have gears,3.90s and my city mileage went up and my highway mileage wasnt noticeably less. Fuel and air equals power so if you put more air in you need more gas to get more power or you run lean and we all know that's bad. Hey joshy do you want mileage or do you want to perform. Do you want them hondas handing you your *** or do you want them admiring your tail lights. Nuff said. Gears first lil bro. Then a tuner. Buy the American muscle tuner/gears combo. Trust me you will be thanking me once they are installed...
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have exhaust and all I want is intake and tuner for now.. What does trac lock do for power? And I'm looking for gears but don't have the cash right now.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #170
Road Trip!

Trac lok makes your car turn both wheels instead of doing a 1 wheel spin. Improves traction. When you buy your intake manifold joshy if the stock plenum of my gt will bolt up you can have that and the stock gt tb for 30 plus shipping. It would look deadly under the hood. That plenum with the running horse on it. Gears make the torque multiple hit the ground faster. You will notice gears more than you will adding intake.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Trac lok makes your car turn both wheels instead of doing a 1 wheel spin. Improves traction. When you buy your intake manifold joshy if the stock plenum of my gt will bolt up you can have that and the stock gt tb for 30 plus shipping. It would look deadly under the hood. That plenum with the running horse on it. Gears make the torque multiple hit the ground faster. You will notice gears more than you will adding intake.
I'm buying a cold air intake. I don't think that includes the manifold. It's the C&L one from americanmuscle.com it's 75$. But I'll see if it fits and if it does that would be really cool
Old 02-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #172
Road Trip!

A total waste of money. No gains for your hard earned money. Do what you want but in your car you will get 0 improvement. An intake manifold will help power. On a new edge a cai is for looks cause it doesn't do anything. And if your buying a metal one it will cost you power cause once the metal gets hot from the heat from the engine you are sucking in warm air and completely defeating the purpose of a cold air intake. Even the stocker is better than that. Why do you ask questions if your not gonna listen to the answers. That makes me laugh. Sorry lil bro but you are throwing money away with one of those on a new edge. Forget it. I thought you were buyin an intake manifold.that would give you an incoming air increase then Then the parts I was gonna give you might fit. Your better off finding the stocker from a gt. Then you wouldn't have to worry about heatsoak. And it would be way cheaper. I give up
Old 02-17-2011, 01:08 AM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A total waste of money. No gains for your hard earned money. Do what you want but in your car you will get 0 improvement. An intake manifold will help power. On a new edge a cai is for looks cause it doesn't do anything. And if your buying a metal one it will cost you power cause once the metal gets hot from the heat from the engine you are sucking in warm air and completely defeating the purpose of a cold air intake. Even the stocker is better than that. Why do you ask questions if your not gonna listen to the answers. That makes me laugh. Sorry lil bro but you are throwing money away with one of those on a new edge.
I kind of want the kick *** whistling noise. Haha. But I have no clue if the manifold fits. If it does I would gladly buy it. I'm a newbie so sorry if I'm being ridiculous with questions and stuff. My bad bro.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #174
Road Trip!

It ain't gonna whistle. A sixxer doesn't suck enough air. If you want whistle take off the silencer. That's why it's called a silencer. Ford put it there to stop that sound. Do what ya want.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It ain't gonna whistle. A sixxer doesn't suck enough air. If you want whistle take off the silencer. That's why it's called a silencer. Ford put it there to stop that sound. Do what ya want.
So just taking out the silencer in my stock I take will make it wistle?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion