Rivalry!! - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

Well your friend is mistaken. Mine is a 2000 gt and the metal screen is there.
That sucks. He tore it out and threw it away. My check engine lights were and are already on because of no cats. I'll have him heck the codes again tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #247
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

That sucks. He tore it out and threw it away. My check engine lights were and are already on because of no cats. I'll have him heck the codes again tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
K. Your car will go into a safe mode because of the cel. It's gonna be crazy hard on gas and it will limit power output until the codes are clear. You need a tuner to shut off the back cats to start and don't just start modding with no thought of what you are doing to the computer. I saw a diablosport tuner for sale on the corral today. BUY IT. You gotta think this stuff out before you just jump in and start doing it. Have a plan and the money to finish what you started. I bet you're getting really ****ty mileage right now aren't ya.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

K. Your car will go into a safe mode because of the cel. It's gonna be crazy hard on gas and it will limit power output until the codes are clear. You need a tuner to shut off the back cats to start and don't just start modding with no thought of what you are doing to the computer. I saw a diablosport tuner for sale on the corral today. BUY IT. You gotta think this stuff out before you just jump in and start doing it. Have a plan and the money to finish what you started. I bet you're getting really ****ty mileage right now aren't ya.
Yes I am. Lol
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Really helpful. I'll buy a tuner asap. I was going to anyway eventually but now I will get it sooner. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #250
Road Trip!

No problem. And before you let people rip pieces off your car. You know the pieces fords engineers put there for a reason. Please ask us first. Trust me between all the guys here we have ****ed slot of **** up and know what mistakes not to make. Ask first k. We might be able to save you from making a costly error. And wouldn't you rather put you money into mods and fuel than fixing ****. Just sayin
Old 02-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #251
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No problem. And before you let people rip pieces off your car. You know the pieces fords engineers put there for a reason. Please ask us first. Trust me between all the guys here we have ****ed slot of **** up and know what mistakes not to make. Ask first k. We might be able to save you from making a costly error. And wouldn't you rather put you money into mods and fuel than fixing ****. Just sayin
Yah. I will. Sorry so all I need is a good tune to fix it?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #252
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: Rivalry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
What he said!
Mistakes will be made regardless, and don't even think you are the first one to **** something up on your car. I've done it many times over. That's how we learn not to do it the next time! Sometimes the hard way has to happen to learn the right way!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #253
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yah. I will. Sorry so all I need is a good tune to fix it?
First you gotta shut off the rear 02 sensors to shut off the cel. Then a tuner will clear and read the codes so when something does go wrong you can diagnose it yourself and not have to pay a shop 80 bucks to do it for ya. Ya a tuner and your good bud.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #254
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

What he said!
Mistakes will be made regardless, and don't even think you are the first one to **** something up on your car. I've done it many times over. That's how we learn not to do it the next time! Sometimes the hard way has to happen to learn the right way!
We all have joshy. Learn from our mistakes. It will save you money. Trust me
Old 02-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

I've got one of those screens from my 99 GT if you need one..

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

I did some research and found out mustangs don't have a safe mode and found out the screen is just for protection and gas milage os bad because gas is burning faster because of hp increase. I will still get tuner though.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #257
Road Trip!

Quote:
I did some research and found out mustangs don't have a safe mode and found out the screen is just for protection and gas milage os bad because gas is burning faster because of hp increase. I will still get tuner though.
Of course they do....it prevents a lean burn condition. And the screen is to smooth out the airflow as it passes in front of the maf. Nothing you just wrote is correct. Whoever is advising you really needs to do their homework.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Of course they do....it prevents a lean burn condition. And the screen is to smooth out the airflow as it passes in front of the maf. Nothing you just wrote is correct. Whoever is advising you really needs to do their homework.
He's a mechanic that's been through school. I know him personally. Haha. Well u guys both seem to know what ur talking about. I'll buy a tuner no matter what. And probably a cai
Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #259
Road Trip!

Quote:

He's a mechanic that's been through school. I know him personally. Haha. Well u guys both seem to know what ur talking about. I'll buy a tuner no matter what. And probably a cai
So I also assume he has read fords manuals from front to back. My uncle was a ford engineer and most of the info I get is from him. He helped design the programs that our cars run on. So your mechanic friend is making an assumption not based on fact. Do what you want.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

I've decided to go with a SCT tune and I don't know which kind to get around 150. Which one should I buy?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #261
Road Trip!

Quote:
I've decided to go with a SCT tune and I don't know which kind to get around 150. Which one should I buy?
Hey joshy. The diablosport and sct have the same basic options on the tuner. If you are gonna get a dyno tune buy whatever tuner they use but if you just want the canned tunes either will do. Sct or diablosport are both good tuners. Sct just seems to be taking over the market.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey joshy. The diablosport and sct have the same basic options on the tuner. If you are gonna get a dyno tune buy whatever tuner they use but if you just want the canned tunes either will do. Sct or diablosport are both good tuners. Sct just seems to be taking over the market.
K. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #263
Road Trip!

And there is a guy who just listed a diablosport in the classified today.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And there is a guy who just listed a diablosport in the classified today.
Yah a guy just offered me a diablosport his name is godsdiciple85
Old 02-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #265
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yah a guy just offered me a diablosport his name is godsdiciple85
That's him. I gave him your name cause i knew you were lookin.Make a deal. I think the diablosport has room for 5 custom tune and the sct only has room for 3. Basically they do the same thing and if you aren't gonna turbo or supercharge your ride it should do just fine. Get the model number and compare to sct. I have an sct but only because bama uses their stuff and I will once I am done modding this car get the tunes for life deal
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's him. I gave him your name cause i knew you were lookin.Make a deal. I think the diablosport has room for 5 custom tune and the sct only has room for 3. Basically they do the same thing and if you aren't gonna turbo or supercharge your ride it should do just fine. Get the model number and compare to sct. I have an sct but only because bama uses their stuff and I will once I am done modding this car get the tunes for life deal
K. Thanks. I'll see if I can make a deal. He doesn't have too many posts which worries me though.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #267
Road Trip!

Quote:

K. Thanks. I'll see if I can make a deal. He doesn't have too many posts which worries me though.
Get him to send pics with a newspaper and date. And ship ups so you can get a tracking number. And ask for a cell number or give him yours so he can send the pics to your phone. And be sure to ask if it's unlocked. If it's locked don't bother. And if you pay with paypal and it comes and it's not what he said it was your covered
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #268
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I raced a 1998 v6 camaro with my 2000 v6 and one. Raced a v6 firebird and beat that too. Now I have Chevys wanting to race me all the time. Old school camaros might have beat the mustangs but these new school camaros ain't nothing to the new mustangs. Makes me laugh. Bc at the track all those dumbass chevy fans go home crying.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Get him to send pics with a newspaper and date. And ship ups so you can get a tracking number. And ask for a cell number or give him yours so he can send the pics to your phone. And be sure to ask if it's unlocked. If it's locked don't bother. And if you pay with paypal and it comes and it's not what he said it was your covered
K. I will. Thanks for all your help.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout
I raced a 1998 v6 camaro with my 2000 v6 and one. Raced a v6 firebird and beat that too. Now I have Chevys wanting to race me all the time. Old school camaros might have beat the mustangs but these new school camaros ain't nothing to the new mustangs. Makes me laugh. Bc at the track all those dumbass chevy fans go home crying.
Is your stang stock? That's pretty good
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #271
Road Trip!

No you have to get a shift kit.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #272
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
A shift kit really woke it up that much? Do you have gears and a tuner? Using a tuner you should be able to adjust your shift points as well. Auto trans, right?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was gonna say damn. Camaros launch harder than a stock stang. I'm worried but if I gag a CAI I think I can take my fronds easy. His is really wimpy
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #274
Road Trip!

You have an automatic find you a good mechanic you can trust to build you a shift kit 4 speed transmission.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have an automatic find you a good mechanic you can trust to build you a shift kit 4 speed transmission.
Sounds risky to your engine. That all u have?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #276
Road Trip!

No gears or tuner yet. I'm jus beginning. But I do have a cold air intake.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #277
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds sweet. I'm buying a CAI soon
Old 02-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #278
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
Gears and a tuner will really wake your car up. You said you have an auto trans with a shift kit right?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #279
Road Trip!

I'm getting dual exhaust next. After that pulleys from rpm.com, cam it up, new coil screaming demon from American muscle, rear gears and deferential from American muscle, tuner from American muscle, chrome shorty headers American muscle, there's a lot you can do to kill a camaro. You jus need dedication and money.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #280
Road Trip!

Also get rid of weight in your car. Like rear seat deletes that you find from American muscle and replace your hood and trunk with carbon fiber and light weight driveshaft. There's so much you can do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion