Question - Page 21 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #701
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

I bought a used set of Mac headers and h pipe for my notch. No problems.
K. They must just be hatin then. Hey could u put up a vid or exhaust clip?
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #702
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
So Mac H-pipe and Mac flowpath mufflers sounds good to you guys? I'm looking for something not more than 250 $
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #703
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Alright lil dude. On a budget. Off road Hpipe is under $200. Mufflers about $80-$90. Cat back is over $300 easy. Cheaper way out is mufflers and off road Hpipe. Worry about tail pipes later. Stock are fine. Or just do mufflers. Under $200 with a little bit labor to get them installed correctly.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #704
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Alright lil dude. On a budget. Off road Hpipe is under $200. Mufflers about $80-$90. Cat back is over $300 easy. Cheaper way out is mufflers and off road Hpipe. Worry about tail pipes later. Stock are fine. Or just do mufflers. Under $200 with a little bit labor to get them installed correctly.
I can make offroad H pipe myself. . So prob just the mufflers. Will it sound a lot worse than a catback?
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #705
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
No man. Pipes are about the same diameter. Maybe some bigger tips might look nice and make it a little louder. Try mufflers first and go from there.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #706
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Yeah, having trouble debating on my exhaust too.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #707
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
Yeah, having trouble debating on my exhaust too.
Dude if it's for that notchback, trust me full Mac setup sounds fantastic. Had it on mine and it was great.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #708
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

Dude if it's for that notchback, trust me full Mac setup sounds fantastic. Had it on mine and it was great.
Yeah, that's the only Stang i've got. And yeah, macs good. I've got mac shorty headers, a stock h pipe with cats cut out and a pipe welded in, and flowmasters. I like the deep sound, but whenever I rev it, it's clear...no popping, no raspy sound or anything. I want the back pressure popping though because I just like it. So I've heard that the mac prochamber has a deep sound, and also gives the popping sound...right?
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #709
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Bbunt302s vid on YouTube with his mac sounded good, but I can hear the sound on this a little more clear. This car sounds great.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #710
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
No man. Pipes are about the same diameter. Maybe some bigger tips might look nice and make it a little louder. Try mufflers first and go from there.
K. I think that's what I'll try doing. I'm looking hard core for a GT too. I check craigslist about every two hours. Lol. Thanks for all the help
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #711
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
Bbunt302s vid on YouTube with his mac sounded good, but I can hear the sound on this a little more clear. This car sounds great.
That thing is cammed. There is definitely a different sound from stainless systems. I prefer welded aluminum over stainless for sound quality. Stainless is more raspy and not as deep. It's a matter of choice. If you are going stainless I probably would just price shop between brands. My next mufflers are going to be dynomax ultraflows welded. Not sure what they are gonna sound like. If I don't like them than I'm gonna keep trying. I hate my cars sound.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #712
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
Yeah, having trouble debating on my exhaust too.
It's a difficult choice to make. Lots of things to consider and everyone thinks something different usually and YouTube can only go so far. Lol. I've heard consistent things about Mac though. I'll give I a shot. I don't like flowmaster drone
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #713
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

That thing is cammed. There is definitely a different sound from stainless systems. I prefer welded aluminum over stainless for sound quality. Stainless is more raspy and not as deep. It's a matter of choice. If you are going stainless I probably would just price shop between brands. My next mufflers are going to be dynomax ultraflows welded. Not sure what they are gonna sound like. If I don't like them than I'm gonna keep trying. I hate my cars sound.
What's on your car now? And does how much does cams and headers make the sound improve?
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #714
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
I know you're young but it's not that much money. If you don't like the sound try another brand. Everyone I know that are running them love them.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #715
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

What's on your car now? And does how much does cams and headers make the sound improve?
On a new edge GT you need long tubes. Shorties won't do anything. Cams I'm not sure. On the 5.0 in the video, it's makes a hell of a difference. My car is full bassani. There is a video somewhere of lowflyin's car at that last meet up in miss. My car sounds exactly like his.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #716
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

On a new edge GT you need long tubes. Shorties won't do anything. Cams I'm not sure. On the 5.0 in the video, it's makes a hell of a difference. My car is full bassani. There is a video somewhere of lowflyin's car at that last meet up in miss. My car sounds exactly like his.
I wasn't too big of a bassini fan. I think Mac is the way to go. Possibly flowmaster if I can't find anything decently priced
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #717
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
My car also has full HCI, so it's going to sound a little meaner than a stock car. I have a Flowmaster American Thunder catback with stainless pipes, Prochamber and Mac shorties.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #718
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
The old school 2 chamber flowmasters have always sounded great. I just wanted something different.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #719
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
My car also has full HCI, so it's going to sound a little meaner than a stock car. I have a Flowmaster American Thunder catback with stainless pipes, Prochamber and Mac shorties.
How much did the catback set u back? And what is HCL?
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #720
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Question

HCI is a set of heads, a cam and an intake manifold. Great mods on a pushrod engine.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #721
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
HCL is hydrochloric acid. Nasty stuff. Got tons of that **** here.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:50 AM   #722
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
HCI is a set of heads, a cam and an intake manifold. Great mods on a pushrod engine.
Oh ok. I see
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:51 AM   #723
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
HCL is hydrochloric acid. Nasty stuff. Got tons of that **** here.
Lol. Knew that one from Chem. Haha. Sorry I meant HCI.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:49 AM   #724
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
My 5.0 is carbed and it's out of a 4 eyed fox, it's an early 80s model. So does the 87-93 5.0 sound different from a...81-85??
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #725
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Alright, here it is.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #726
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
Sounds and looks great dude. I've gotta get me another notch. Love those things. I see what you mean about the tone. Sounds beautiful at idle. A little high pitched when revved. What size pipe are you running? And I'm definitely sticking with the Mac recommendation. High rev will sound a lot harder with them. 2.5 inch pipe minimum. Nice ride dude.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #727
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra

Sounds and looks great dude. I've gotta get me another notch. Love those things. I see what you mean about the tone. Sounds beautiful at idle. A little high pitched when revved. What size pipe are you running? And I'm definitely sticking with the Mac recommendation. High rev will sound a lot harder with them. 2.5 inch pipe minimum. Nice ride dude.
Yeah man, thanks. And I'm not sure what size it is. And no, I wouldn't go smaller than 2.5. I'm thinking whenever I get some more money to get the exhaust system I want, that I might get a mac pro chamber, keep the shorties. And have 2.75" stainless tips out the back.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #728
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
Nice ride bro. Sounds nice.
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #729
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
My 5.0 is carbed and it's out of a 4 eyed fox, it's an early 80s model. So does the 87-93 5.0 sound different from a...81-85??
Does anyone know?
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #730
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

Nice ride bro. Sounds nice.
Thanks.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #731
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang

Does anyone know?
No clue ask 93CobraGuy. I bet he knows
__________________
www.petom.biz
Joshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #732
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang
My 5.0 is carbed and it's out of a 4 eyed fox, it's an early 80s model. So does the 87-93 5.0 sound different from a...81-85??
My guess is yes yours probably sounds a little raspier and deeper than when they went to injection.
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #733
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Shelby

My guess is yes yours probably sounds a little raspier and deeper than when they went to injection.
That's what I was thinking too. Maybe.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:18 AM   #734
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blb97stang View Post
Does anyone know?
Probably has to do with your engine having a flat tappet cam instead of a roller. Roller engines didn't come in the Foxes until '85. Also, from '85-'92 they had forged pistons stock.
And yes, carbed engines sound different than EFI engines.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #735
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Probably has to do with your engine having a flat tappet cam instead of a roller. Roller engines didn't come in the Foxes until '85. Also, from '85-'92 they had forged pistons stock.
And yes, carbed engines sound different than EFI engines.
Oh okay thanks. And yeah I knew carbed sounded different than efi.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.