Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Question

48K views 989 replies 46 participants last post by  Joshy 
#1 ·
I've heard I should adjust my throttle for more horses. How does this work? And how do you do it?

#668 ·
Joshy said:
U think Mac is the way to go?
Alright lil bro. I'm not sure of the price differences on the Mac systems any more. Their prices were hard to beat at one time. As far as I'm concerned, a stainless exhaust system is not necessary. Borla,bassani,slp, and many more are stainless. I don't think that they actually sound as good as a regular galvanized steel system. The Hpipe or Ypipe material won't really matter. I prefer welded aluminum mufflers for sound personally and they will last as long as you have the car. If price and sound is what your deciding factors are than I would stay along these lines. Stainless will always cost you more. I have bassani on mine and I hate the sound of it. I will be trying a different muffler soon.

#669 ·
Alscobra said:
Alright lil bro. I'm not sure of the price differences on the Mac systems any more. Their prices were hard to beat at one time. As far as I'm concerned, a stainless exhaust system is not necessary. Borla,bassani,slp, and many more are stainless. I don't think that they actually sound as good as a regular galvanized steel system. The Hpipe or Ypipe material won't really matter. I prefer welded aluminum mufflers for sound personally and they will last as long as you have the car. If price and sound is what your deciding factors are than I would stay along these lines. Stainless will always cost you more. I have bassani on mine and I hate the sound of it. I will be trying a different muffler soon.
Ok. Thankyou very much. Very helpful.

#671 ·
Blb97stang said:
Just look around on YouTube and search for the different kinds of mufflers on whatever year model mustang your getting, and see which one you like best.
I tried but couldn't find very good ones. In some flowmaster sounds good while others you can't hear it or it sounds bad. In some BORLA is loud and some it's soft. It didn't help much. Lol

#678 ·
I'm not really fond of the SLP from outside the car for sure. It just sounds too much like an exhaust going for pure volume rather than going for rich full sound. Inside the car, I couldn't comment on, but I'm guessing it gets pretty droney, but, I have zero experience with that to know. I know my stingers certainly don't sound bad in the car.

#687 ·
Now, having said my peace....don't let us talk you out of something you think you like. We are giving you our opinions, but they are just that, opinions. I would go borla or magnaflow before I even entertained SLP. But that's me. If the SLP's sound like something you want, then go for those.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to find someone local that has them as well because exhaust does sound a good bit different in person vs online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.