How anal are you about your Mustang? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

View Poll Results: How Anal Are You About Your Mustang?
Stay away from my car or you will die!! 17 41.46%
You can sit in it, but watch your feet! 14 34.15%
It's just dirt, I'll take care of it later! 7 17.07%
Here are the keys, have some fun!! 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRShelbyGT500

On the flip side, (this is an edit because I didn't mean to post this yet) I do take care of my car. Oil changes, brake checks, fluid levels, wash every weekend. I do, however, take better care of my guns than my car lol
I feel ya on the gun but they are more so even for me... I just 2 months back built my colt ar15 lower with a Beowulf upper 50 cal.... I love her so ya I take damn good care of her but still windexing my car!lol
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Re: How anal are you about your Mustang?

i make sure it runs fine...maintenance and all. but other than that its not a big deal to keep it really clean. i drive it on salt during winter and keep it outside only because i have to. i dont have another car, and cant afford one. i dont have a garage for it either. right now it is getting coated in ice and hit with hail...now that bugs me.
but i little dirt and stuff isnt too bad
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
I feel ya on the gun but they are more so even for me... I just 2 months back built my colt ar15 lower with a Beowulf upper 50 cal.... I love her so ya I take damn good care of her but still windexing my car!lol
Yeah, you could use my guns to eat with, I'm anal about them too!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Yeah, you could use my guns to eat with, I'm anal about them too!
I miss my beo though, I'm in Cali for the next few days and 50 cal is illegal even if it's an assault as opposed to long range...
Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

I miss my beo though, I'm in Cali for the next few days and 50 cal is illegal even if it's an assault as opposed to long range...
That's cali for ya. Biggest anti gun state in the country.
mjb09gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt

Yeap, but I still got a beretta sitting up in my closet and that's good enough for me.
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #42

Region: California

*off topic*
I live in socal and I have 3 AR-variants chambered in 7.62mm, 5.56 and .22LR. Then I have a .17hmr marlin bolt. I'm waiting on my two customs still, a .338 lapua bolt from Savage and my .45ACP Kimber *drool*

I wash my car once a week, I get the oil changed every other month or after a long trip. I get new rubber early and scrub the brake dust from my rims. I love my baby. But, just like my guns, I use it. It's a tool, a flipping awesome fast tool, but still a tool. My guns are all tools too. I just know that one day I may depend on those tools for a more serious purpose than driving in style from point a to point b.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

I'm very picky about my car, the only other person who drives it is my boyfriend, and since he has one too, he knows to take care of it when he drives it (in fact, he keeps modifying my car too, hehe)

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt

Ya, it's all good though, she is safely stored for when I get back to az ( almost the most lenient gun laws)
Old 02-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
I'm very picky about my car, the only other person who drives it is my boyfriend, and since he has one too, he knows to take care of it when he drives it (in fact, he keeps modifying my car too, hehe)
Same way with my girlfriend and I. I drive hers all the time, and since I'm pretty much done with the resto on mine, and have no plans of modding, I end up buying things for her car.
Funny how that works!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Same way with my girlfriend and I. I drive hers all the time, and since I'm pretty much done with the resto on mine, and have no plans of modding, I end up buying things for her car.
Funny how that works!
Cheaper than buying a new car to toy with
Old 02-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #47
Road Trip!

I guess so, but I'm still on the hunt for another Fox to tinker with. I would like to have one as a Street/Strip car. Can't do that with hers, it's her DD and it's an auto.
As soon as taxes get filed (hoping in the next week or two) I'll probably pick up another one. I'm just running out of room to put em, lol,
Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Too many mustangs sounds like a good problem to have to me. Lol. I wish I could get another but I need my truck and I can only have 2 cars errr. Fox bodys are becoming hard to come by here sense that damn cash for clunckers. 2009 the year a lot of mustangs died.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #49
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
i make sure it runs fine...maintenance and all. but other than that its not a big deal to keep it really clean. i drive it on salt during winter and keep it outside only because i have to. i dont have another car, and cant afford one. i dont have a garage for it either. right now it is getting coated in ice and hit with hail...now that bugs me.
but i little dirt and stuff isnt too bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRShelbyGT500 View Post
I'm the polar opposite of anal. I let everyone drive my car. I figure what the heck, it's a car. I love my car, but I won't get bent if it's dirty. I prefer it clean and shiny, but whatever. On my way to back from Texas, I was I was filling up at a chevron, this old beat up station wagon pulled in and four little boys from like 7 to about 12 fell out over themselves trying to come look at my baby. I was laughing, their mother was so embarrassed, but I let them get in the drivers seat, take pictures, whatever. Sure I had to wipe the crap they tracked onto my floor mats, but really, what's the point of owning an enjoyable car if you're too worried about screwing it up to enjoy it?

On the flip side, (this is an edit because I didn't mean to post this yet) I do take care of my car. Oil changes, brake checks, fluid levels, wash every weekend. I do, however, take better care of my guns than my car lol
I'm with you guys. I bought the car to enjoy the car, drive it and be proud to own the car. I will drive it in any weather, but always clean and maintain the car properly.

My 98GT, I bought it with 28K on it...drove it for 5 years and put around 80K on it...traded it in with 110K miles on it and was given $5,000 trade, it was a stock pacific green GT with a cracked leaking upper intake (coolant leak)...they couldn't believe how nice the car was kept and maintained but not overly anal.

If you take pride in the ownership, keep the car maintained, regular inside/outside cleaning and general safe habits...then you can really enjoy the car.

My new to me 03 Roush...it's getting the same treatment...only difference...I bought used 98GT wheels for winter beater rims since the stock 18' Roush wheels did not come with all-season tires.

The way I look at it, I didn't spend good money to have it loose value sitting in a garage...Now if I had a SVT Cobra R or something that actually goes up in value due to rarity and desire that might be a different story. Otherwise i'm getting my money's worth driving and enjoying the car.

Now don't get me wrong, clap off those dirty shoes, don't spill your drink and don't slam my doors...haha

Ohh yeah not to mention, I did buy this Mustang at the first of the month in January during a snowstorm haha!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #50
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

it differs per car for me. with my 04 i let ppl i trust drive it and such, and try to keep it clean. my pet peeve is someone leaning on my car. i don't have a closed-in garage so i can keep her as clean as i would like, but she was also my DD for 5 years and she got quite a few scratches and such from parking lots. i know she isn't perfect, but i wash her often and try to keep her as pretty as can be. she is my car to go out in and look nice. she's given rides to drunken friends. she's provided me a place to eat lunch. she's like my second home. and although its hard to keep up a car that you aren't anal about, all it takes is some extra work and time. i can shampoo a carpet to remove that drink you slightly spilt, but i can't erase the memories. and that is why my car is so sentimental to me. its been my getaway when i just need to ride around and clear my head. its been the 'cool car' for the girls night out. its been the 'i really need a ride i'm drunk' rescue car. its seen plenty of road trips with the radio cranked up and windows down. she's my baby. and i enjoy every mile with her, rain or shine

when it comes to my fox very few ppl get to sit behind the wheel. only 2 so far (and i still regret letting my ex drive it)... as far as the exterior goes, there isn't much i can do. the car needs a paint job so badly. but i'm not gonna even think about a paint job until ALL engine work is done. and even still, DON'T LEAN ON MY CAR!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I think some dont have an eye for detail, and those little scratches or what not they dont even really notice for what ever reason so things dont bother them like they do me or others.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #52
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

i notice the scratches, and yes they bother me, but i know it is inevitable since my car isn't a garage kept car and it goes with me pretty much everywhere. i can park as far away as i want in a parking lot, some idiot in a beat up truck will park beside me. i keep my car up as much as possible, but i have come to the realization that i cant keep it in a glass box or a bubble where nothing can happen to it, so instead of crying over a scratch, i enjoy the car for everything it is.

if i had a mustang that was higher-end it would def be a different story. if i ever get my hands on one of my dream cars (cobra, boss, gt500, etc) it will be in a closed garage and heavily guarded against disrespectful idiots and weather.... hell if i could get the ultimate car of my dreams, it would be on a rotary in my living room its not that i don't take care of my car-she's even placed in car shows in the past, i just know how to enjoy it as well.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I guess the main thing I have learned is to realize things will happen, but just because you cant avoid them does not mean you cant correct them as it happens. That way you dont end up with a thousand little things instead of only a couple.

I used to DD my cobra and my two previous mustangs. Its GREAT not having to drive it but... if you have to then all you can do is your best to avoid such things.

Even parking out in the middle of no where is asking for a car keying by some ****** bag who doesnt understand or is jealous... cant win for losing sometimes.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I park away because someone nailed mine with their door. x(

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #55
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

everytime I see models all up on someones hood taking pics I think to myself how I would never let anyone lay on my car ever regardless.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was thinking about this, and any of my friends and family would tell you that with my car, I am the most anal person there is.
Here is my garage setup.
After we put new carpet in my living room, I took the old area rugs and put them under the car in the garage.
We installed a new insulated door, and I put a small space heater out there. I also put a deadbolt, that only I have the key to, on the door leading from the garage to the inside of the house.
I usually go out there at least every other day to run the car duster over it as well. This is probably the nicest car I have ever had, and I do seriously love it, and I enjoy taking care of it!
So even if you don't have a garage to keep yours in, how anal are you about yours?
I clean her atleast once a week inside and out getting brake dust off the wheels and making sure I leave no water spots behind.... I don't park wayyy at the back because I saw a camaro one time that did that and was completely covered in crows lol it was hilarious... But I dnt try to squeeze into the closest one either. Bigges thing for me is knocking off shoes I'm the only one allowed to lean on her and don't touch!!!! When u close the door use the door handle that's what it's there for I can't stand hand and fingerprints on her especially right after I wash her.... And don't even try to smoke in my car drinks are fine as long as ur not too clumsy but no food...
Mustangguy0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

yep +1 on all that for me too mines a Daily driver plus I have no garage so I'm in a continual state of panic I wash my hands before I drive no food drink or smoking in it allowed ( and I'm a smoker - so I have to pull over get out to have a smoke break lol ) , parking is a nightmare If I cant park way far away I try to find a spot with the most amount of room - people just dont give a f*** about their cars and they open their doors right into yours . Dont get me started on the salt gaaaaaaghk I have cleaning supplies in the trunk too .
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #58
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

The worst is when your car is damaged/scratch or whatnot by someone else out of their careless behavior.

I have seen too many people getting out of there cars smack their doors off of someone elses car...confront them and you always get the same response...theres no dent so it's okay.

Its just a fact of owning a car...your going to get scratches and so on...like SpectorV said...take care of them when they happen and you'll keep a nice car.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
I was thinking about this, and any of my friends and family would tell you that with my car, I am the most anal person there is.
Here is my garage setup.
After we put new carpet in my living room, I took the old area rugs and put them under the car in the garage.
We installed a new insulated door, and I put a small space heater out there. I also put a deadbolt, that only I have the key to, on the door leading from the garage to the inside of the house.
I usually go out there at least every other day to run the car duster over it as well. This is probably the nicest car I have ever had, and I do seriously love it, and I enjoy taking care of it!
So even if you don't have a garage to keep yours in, how anal are you about yours?
i keep mine in garage,if that tells u anything
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #60
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike View Post
i keep mine in garage,if that tells u anything
I wish I could keep mine in my garage...my garage is full of my other go fast toys.

My 03 Yamaha R1 Track Bike (well parts of it anyway - wrecked it at the racetrack last year)
My 09 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Streetbike (up on stands getting it's suspension upgraded

and my friends wrecked trackbike we are rebuilding (not pictured).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	23144   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitledgsxr.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	23145  

Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
I wish I could keep mine in my garage...my garage is full of my other go fast toys.

My 03 Yamaha R1 Track Bike (well parts of it anyway - wrecked it at the racetrack last year)
My 09 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Streetbike (up on stands getting it's suspension upgraded

and my friends wrecked trackbike we are rebuilding (not pictured).
ha ha lol
Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
The worst is when your car is damaged/scratch or whatnot by someone else out of their careless behavior.

I have seen too many people getting out of there cars smack their doors off of someone elses car...confront them and you always get the same response...theres no dent so it's okay.

Its just a fact of owning a car...your going to get scratches and so on...like SpectorV said...take care of them when they happen and you'll keep a nice car.
its horrible when people do that
its like they cant see how nice of a car you have that has taken years and money to keep the car nice and oops sorry dent like its no big deal
its disgusting
i once got so mad because a car parked so close to me i could not get into my car
(and not to brag or nothing but im pretty damn skinny (im 5 foot 110 lbs) and can usually get into small spaces)
i was so pissed that i was pretending to throw rocks or some large object at their car and the next thing i know the owner came out and moved the car
LMAO
they probably thought i was crazy but they were just lucky i couldn't find a damn rock
LOL
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang

its horrible when people do that
its like they cant see how nice of a car you have that has taken years and money to keep the car nice and oops sorry dent like its no big deal
its disgusting
i once got so mad because a car parked so close to me i could not get into my car
(and not to brag or nothing but im pretty damn skinny (im 5 foot 110 lbs) and can usually get into small spaces)
i was so pissed that i was pretending to throw rocks or some large object at their car and the next thing i know the owner came out and moved the car
LMAO
they probably thought i was crazy but they were just lucky i couldn't find a damn rock
LOL
Haha that awesome, that's better than actually throwing rocks, instead of making them mad you get to scare them then they are freaked out and confused the rest of the day...
Old 02-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
Haha that awesome, that's better than actually throwing rocks, instead of making them mad you get to scare them then they are freaked out and confused the rest of the day...
he deserved it!!!!!!!
and its funny because im usually such a calm and rational person....until it comes to my baby
LOL
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here is my garage setup.
i'm so anal i don't want people sitting in the back seat of my stang lol
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike
i'm so anal i don't want people sitting in the back seat of my stang lol
Ok why is that!! No one want to sit in the back for one thing, I dint know your Stang my back seat is kind of cramped and if your In a stang you want sit in the front seat so people can see you in it!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
That's awesome, I hope I can instill those values in my son, so hopefully one day he can call my car his!
well he's 12 now with his eyes on the Mach 1 in 6 years , lol ........
Old 02-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
Ok why is that!! No one want to sit in the back for one thing, I dint know your Stang my back seat is kind of cramped and if your In a stang you want sit in the front seat so people can see you in it!
i don't have mats in back, and the carpet will get dirty lol
Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike
i don't have mats in back, and the carpet will get dirty lol
Make them take there shoes off! Lol!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I try to keep mine clean but it never stays clean for long. I park it in a shed everynight and it doesn't get drove if it's snowing. Right now it's full of mud all over the outside. And the inside floor mats are covered in mud and rocks...I'll get around to cleaning it soon or later. I don't really mind where I park it but always make sure its locked. In the summer it will stay much cleaner I don't like the cold so I'm not willing to clean it in the cold. I let my dad drive it and my boyfriend and that's about it. I do get mad when they bf tracks mud and crap in in or throws trash on the floor that pisses me off big time. But owell

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion