Military Mustangs? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT

I spent most of my childhood I'm Germany...and most of my military time thus far overseas... If I didn't see it for myself I wouldn't believe it. I felt safer in Sarajevo in 95 than in some of the places I recruited. At least there, and in Iraq, I had a rifle, sidearm, a platoon with the same and 4 gun trucks...all I had on recruiting duty was a piece of crap dodge stratus, a planning guide, and my army story...lol
Lol ya crazy stuff.... I always keep my 38 with me...
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt

That's some rough sh**. Sorry to hear you had to go through that. See all too many of those around that area though. Your lucky you didn't get any flowers
Ya no joke... It's to crazy out here these days
Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT

That's the truth. When I was on recruiting duty I was always on the streets. I was shot at, slapped, threatened, my poor car was pissed on, scratched...a dodge so no big deal...anyway, the USAF recruiter was always at the office. I used to have my recruits give him leads that were actually anti government or hostile older people. I used to laugh my *** off when he would call them...he didn't know how to hang up or stop talking! God that was funny...great guy though. Recruiting is a tough and thankless job so all recruiters have my respect. I'd rather go back to the sandbox for 15 months than go back to recruiting...and I was good at it!
I agree.. I was a recruiter for 4 years at an Army Base and whooped all over the army for contracts!! They wondered what I was doing!! I controlled the area my G Jet was a dodge as well and it got banged up as well!!

-Carroll Shelby

2010 Mustang GT, Flowmaster 44's, K&N Filtercharger
blubyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Military Mustangs?

23 years in the AF here, all reserves except when I was activated for Desert Storm and again for Enduring Freedom. Dad was in for 28 years so I am also an AF Brat. Been just about everywhere.

My heart and prayers go out to the guys on the front lines... thanks for what they do!!!
Roush # 11-0306,Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels with Cooper Tires Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar
Purchased 27Dec2010
Thegabrielles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #40

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

Semper fi... You a Hollywood marine or one of us east coasters? My father and both my little brothers are Hollywood so I'm sort of on the oust there.... What MOS?
Hollywood, boot, soi, rip, brc. Did three years in Oki; the rest at Camp Pen, except for a year in Monterey for DLI. I've got several MOS's, from 0151 to 8654.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I don't know about you guys...but I am really missing the real Army. In DC I might as well be a civilian. The wife likes it though...

Reading all these posts make me motivated! Think I'll do some pushups . Can't sleep anyway...been up since 2 effin o'clock!
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #42
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

8 Year Navy Vet.

01-05 USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75)
05-08 NALF Fentress

finished out as a Second Class (E5) ABH2

To put it simple, when I wasn't moving aircraft I was a aircraft fire fighter.

To make it even simpler, watch Top Gun I'm the guy in the Yellow Shirt!!

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | YouTube | CJ Blog
Steve@CJPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@CJPony
8 Year Navy Vet.

01-05 USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75)
05-08 NALF Fentress

finished out as a Second Class (E5) ABH2

To put it simple, when I wasn't moving aircraft I was a aircraft fire fighter.

To make it even simpler, watch Top Gun I'm the guy in the Yellow Shirt!!
Way to go buddy!!

-Carroll Shelby

Old 02-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Active Duty Air Force JTAC....(same as an ANGLICO in the Marines)
Going on 4 yrs now...we'll see if I re-up or not in about a yr lol.
Got my first stang last April and have loved every min of it (2004 GT)
Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #45
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
Way to go buddy!!
wish I would of just finished up my last 12 years and retired but I wasn't thinking straight when I got out and injuries where threating my career that were getting harder to hide from Uncle Sam.

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | YouTube | CJ Blog
Steve@CJPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:
wish I would of just finished up my last 12 years and retired but I wasn't thinking straight when I got out and injuries where threating my career that were getting harder to hide from Uncle Sam.
Uncle Sam finds everything! For my MOS the did a background for my clearance and found out about a 1 week runaway that was 10 years past!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
Uncle Sam finds everything! For my MOS the did a background for my clearance and found out about a 1 week runaway that was 10 years past!
I know that feeling. A couple of my friends where telling me a random guy was asking around town about me lol...just happen to people I put down as "a reference" lol
Old 02-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang

I know that feeling. A couple of my friends where telling me a random guy was asking around town about me lol...just happen to people I put down as "a reference" lol
Haha sh** happens, they are crazy with the backgrounds, they tapped my moms, dads and siblings even! It was crazy
Old 02-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha sh** happens, they are crazy with the backgrounds, they tapped my moms, dads and siblings even! It was crazy
haha yeah, they even went as far as talking to my first supervisor when I worked at Mickey D's back in High School...but hey my clearance will work wonders if I decide to get out! Or even when I retire lol
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:

haha yeah, they even went as far as talking to my first supervisor when I worked at Mickey D's back in High School...but hey my clearance will work wonders if I decide to get out! Or even when I retire lol
Oh no joke! Go from 30k a year to 100k! Unfortunately I got out thenwas in the hospital and then applied and the job took so long to open up that I would have to go for a renewal and now I'm 3 years out so it's sort of useless... Mine expired at 2 years, so instead I started a small but growing business...
Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh no joke! Go from 30k a year to 100k! Unfortunately I got out thenwas in the hospital and then applied and the job took so long to open up that I would have to go for a renewal and now I'm 3 years out so it's sort of useless... Mine expired at 2 years, so instead I started a small but growing business...
That sucks man. They could've just renewed it though, a lot cheaper than starting from scratch lol. But good luck with the business!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Active Duty Air Force JTAC....(same as an ANGLICO in the Marines)
Going on 4 yrs now...we'll see if I re-up or not in about a yr lol.
Got my first stang last April and have loved every min of it (2004 GT)
Trust me, if you get out make sure you have something lined up paying more than 80k, otherwise it's not worth losing all your benefits! And from the recruiting side, getting back into the AF is extremely tough! There just aren't any jobs!
Nasty Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Bite

Trust me, if you get out make sure you have something lined up paying more than 80k, otherwise it's not worth losing all your benefits! And from the recruiting side, getting back into the AF is extremely tough! There just aren't any jobs!
Dead right...at least 80k...and don't bank on getting back in. A bad drawdown is on the horizon...
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Bite View Post
Yeah...if I re enlist its a 90k bonus...and I'll make sure its tax free by doing it overseas lol...I mean I deploy 8 months...home for 6...deploy 8 months blah blah lol. but idk if the money is worth always being gone...only 22 but eventually gonna need time to have a family lol
Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah...if I re enlist its a 90k bonus...and I'll make sure its tax free by doing it overseas lol...I mean I deploy 8 months...home for 6...deploy 8 months blah blah lol. but idk if the money is worth always being gone...only 22 but eventually gonna need time to have a family lol
Jesus, 90k? That's insane, they cut bonus for all the other branches, a reenlistment bonus is only 8k for marines last time I heard...
Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Change jobs! It's super easy! Or look for a special duty stateside on ams! Do you youngsters know how to get there?
If not, ask!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:

And if you're in the airforce you aren't required to deploy, you guys are the only ones not forced to, they hive you guys the option to volunteer to deploy.... I have buddies stationed at Davis montham af base
Old 02-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Good thing about being a TACP (JTAC is our actual job). Call in close air support for conventional/non conventional forces...last deployment was with an ODA team and 3rd Ranger Bat. , this one I get to spend time with 101 abn.....boring as hell this time lol. We're required to deploy...one the 3 combat jobs in the AF. Always stationed with the army unit we support directly...thats why I'm at Ft Benning. 3ID/3BDE and 3rd Bat. LOVE MY JOB! lol
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

And if you're in the airforce you aren't required to deploy, you guys are the only ones not forced to, they hive you guys the option to volunteer to deploy.... I have buddies stationed at Davis montham af base
Not anymore, they are using 365's to help people make a decision... Stay or get out. It's not that they are bad deployments (it's the AF) but long, yes!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not anymore, they are using 365's to help people make a decision... Stay or get out. It's not that they are bad deployments (it's the AF) but long, yes!
Psh, I'll never know the AF life lol. With the army day in and day out. Deployed or not lol. Ask anyone that knows what a JTAC is...they've got mad respect for us. Thing about my job is we can work with any service out there. Joint Terminal Attack Controller
Old 02-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #61
Road Trip!

Quote:
Good thing about being a TACP (JTAC is our actual job). Call in close air support for conventional/non conventional forces...last deployment was with an ODA team and 3rd Ranger Bat. , this one I get to spend time with 101 abn.....boring as hell this time lol. We're required to deploy...one the 3 combat jobs in the AF. Always stationed with the army unit we support directly...thats why I'm at Ft Benning. 3ID/3BDE and 3rd Bat. LOVE MY JOB! lol
Oh I gotcha, SP specific jobs force deploy and others volunteer... I got it, then why for only 8 months if you deploy with the army, they do year deployments. God I should have joined the airforce instead of marine Corp, oh well, I enjoy being a devil god
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh I gotcha, SP specific jobs force deploy and others volunteer... I got it, then why for only 8 months if you deploy with the army, they do year deployments. God I should have joined the airforce instead of marine Corp, oh well, I enjoy being a devil god
We do 8 months straight..army does 6 on and goes on leave for 20days at home so normally takes almost a month, then 6 months...but then they get to be home for at least a year if not longer...I'd prefer doing that..if I stay a year...I still have 6 months before I'm back out the door..and we aren't sitting in a palace somewhere like the regular AF lol. Sitting in an Alaskan tent on a cot as we speak lol....we just got smart and all got together and got an internet sat dish that comes out of italy lol
Old 02-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:

We do 8 months straight..army does 6 on and goes on leave for 20days at home so normally takes almost a month, then 6 months...but then they get to be home for at least a year if not longer...I'd prefer doing that..if I stay a year...I still have 6 months before I'm back out the door..and we aren't sitting in a palace somewhere like the regular AF lol. Sitting in an Alaskan tent on a cot as we speak lol....we just got smart and all got together and got an internet sat dish that comes out of italy lol
Nice! Well that's the ****!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Psh, I'll never know the AF life lol. With the army day in and day out. Deployed or not lol. Ask anyone that knows what a JTAC is...they've got mad respect for us. Thing about my job is we can work with any service out there. Joint Terminal Attack Controller
Well when you feel like your ready to taste the real AF, let me know, I will be more than happy to have you on my recruiting team! Your inside knowledge to the spec ops world would be VERY helpful in showing young men what it's all about!!! Or you could get on a recruiting tour as a special operator working for a recruiting group traveling around usually about a 7-12 state area meeting up with recruiters and speaking to their spec op applicants to give then motivation about getting through indoc! TDY$$$!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
TDY$$$!
sounds like a pretty awesome deal! I'll save it for when I no longer wanna blow **** up lol. TDY's....well I'm normally gone at least 1 week out of the month for a TDY...gotta drop bombs at ranges to keep my currency lol
Old 02-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can understand that! I'm glad I stayed. The retirement isn't much but its something. Plus disability of 80% is nice so I'm fortunate I don't have to work as hard!! so I can hang with my little girls as I missed alot on deployments!

-Carroll Shelby

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion