Military Mustangs? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Military Mustangs?

Just wondering how many of you have served or are serving...
Would be cool to see some muscle car next to some military might!
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT
I have served, I am a marine, was med boarded going on 3 years ago, went to Paris island then did soi at legune and east coast stationed with the 26th MEU MOS 0326!!!
Semper Fi!
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

I have served, I am a marine, was med boarded going on 3 years ago, went to Paris island then did soi at legune and east coast stationed with the 26th MEU MOS 0326!!!
Semper Fi!
Awesome! So we have the USMC and USA(me)...any USN or USAF out there?
Any funny or crazy military mustang stories?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #4

Region: California
Re: Military Mustangs?

I'm in the USMC, have been for 13 years.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRShelbyGT500
I'm in the USMC, have been for 13 years.
Semper fi... You a Hollywood marine or one of us east coasters? My father and both my little brothers are Hollywood so I'm sort of on the oust there.... What MOS?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was in the Marines to from 03 to 07. I was an 0341, did 3 tours 1 to afghanastan and 2 to iraq. Semper fi brothers
mjb09gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #7

Region: Arkansas
Im in the USAF bought a 07 gt mustang about a year ago and have collected about 10 tickets but the funny thing is that none are from speeding or racing haha
07 GT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #8

served 24 years in the USAF. I drive and love a 2011 Mustang V6
melvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #9

Region: Washington
I'm active duty Army, been in for 13 years. 3 tours to Iraq, and just bought my 4th mustang last week, a 2002 GT Roush Stage 3.
2002roushstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
Road Trip!

We have everyone now except for the navy...
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002roushstang
I'm active duty Army, been in for 13 years. 3 tours to Iraq, and just bought my 4th mustang last week, a 2002 GT Roush Stage 3.
Where at in Iraq? I was with 2 Bde 1ID in 04-05...mostly Samarra. Assigned to Pentagon now...man do I miss the regular army and soldiers!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We have everyone now except for the navy...
C'mon Navy! Don't miss muster sailors!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:

C'mon Navy! Don't miss muster sailors!
I guess technically I was a branch of the navy but still not the same when you spend most the time roping and jumping out of army and airforce aircraft right?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #14

Region: Washington
Pete- I was in Baghdad twice with 3ID and Tikrit with the 25th ID. The pentagon huh, nice! I'm originally from NOVA, how do you like it?
2002roushstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I guess technically I was a branch of the navy but still not the same when you spend most the time roping and jumping out of army and airforce aircraft right?
Lol...probably closer to airborne ranger...but I know plenty of sailors that get it done also...
Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Ok.. US Navy here . Did 21 years from 1986-2007. Loved it, did so many tours in Iraq from Desert Storm to the present conflict it is pitiful!!

Thanks to everyone else who served or is serving!! Retirement is awesome!!

-Carroll Shelby

2010 Mustang GT, Flowmaster 44's, K&N Filtercharger
blubyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyu
Ok.. US Navy here . Did 21 years from 1986-2007. Loved it, did so many tours in Iraq from Desert Storm to the present conflict it is pitiful!!

Thanks to everyone else who served or is serving!! Retirement is awesome!!
Go Navy! Thinking about dropping a packet...getting harder to stay ahead of the super troops...but still love it!

Dare I ask if we can get some Coasties to muster up?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm an AD Air Force recruiter, serving in Indiana right now. I love this job, not loving the weather right now though... I've got 9 years and 7 mo's under my belt and look forward to the next 10 years and 4 mo's! Anyone looking to get in, or know someone who wants to get in you can hit me up!
Nasty Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:

Lol...probably closer to airborne ranger...but I know plenty of sailors that get it done also...
Haha ya there are a few Seabees that can do a little on land, it's obvious that none of them are mustang enthusiast though so they just went down on my list....
Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Bite
I'm an AD Air Force recruiter, serving in Indiana right now. I love this job, not loving the weather right now though... I've got 9 years and 7 mo's under my belt and look forward to the next 10 years and 4 mo's! Anyone looking to get in, or know someone who wants to get in you can hit me up!
Haha look at you recruiting, it really is true that you guys eat sleep and breath the office lol
Old 02-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha ya there are a few Seabees that can do a little on land, it's obvious that none of them are mustang enthusiast though so they just went down on my list....
When I lived on base I met some Seabees at a bar. They were cool people so invited them to a party at the house. About an hour after they showed up the MPs were at the door asking who had the 5 ton...the MPs came inside...the Seabees went out the back door...when the MPs left the 5 ton was gone! An hour later they were back...they parked the 5 ton at the enlisted club! Lol...good times!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha look at you recruiting, it really is true that you guys eat sleep and breath the office lol
That's the truth. When I was on recruiting duty I was always on the streets. I was shot at, slapped, threatened, my poor car was pissed on, scratched...a dodge so no big deal...anyway, the USAF recruiter was always at the office. I used to have my recruits give him leads that were actually anti government or hostile older people. I used to laugh my *** off when he would call them...he didn't know how to hang up or stop talking! God that was funny...great guy though. Recruiting is a tough and thankless job so all recruiters have my respect. I'd rather go back to the sandbox for 15 months than go back to recruiting...and I was good at it!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #23

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT View Post
me me me lol

Stage 2

Semper Paratus
miket89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:

That's the truth. When I was on recruiting duty I was always on the streets. I was shot at, slapped, threatened, my poor car was pissed on, scratched...a dodge so no big deal...anyway, the USAF recruiter was always at the office. I used to have my recruits give him leads that were actually anti government or hostile older people. I used to laugh my *** off when he would call them...he didn't know how to hang up or stop talking! God that was funny...great guy though. Recruiting is a tough and thankless job so all recruiters have my respect. I'd rather go back to the sandbox for 15 months than go back to recruiting...and I was good at it!
Oh ya I can believe it! That's not an easy bit, I imagine it's probably just as difficult as when I sold alarms door to door... Same bit, get shot at, ppl throwing glass bottles at my, answering to door with a shot gun in their hand, this was after my time in service I had a kid come up behind me as I was unlocking the company truck trying to jack it, I turned around and just kicked the **** out of him, imagine being the only white boy walking around east Cleveland... Lol not fun!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
I don't know if Roaddogs but he lost his son in Iraq he's fixing up his mustang and dedicating it to his son!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #26

Region: New Hampshire

I just finished 4 years of active duty army with two deployments in Iraq. After my last deployment i bought my 04 Mach 1. I'm now in the NH National Gard
mikejones1679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

He's does not have a mustang but my Grandfather was USAF then Coast Guard. And My great Uncle was at peral harbor when it was attacked and has a purple heart from it. Two of my uncles were also in the military (Army & USAF) And my other grandfather was also in the USAF. I plan on joining the Army after college as well..
Old 02-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh ya I can believe it! That's not an easy bit, I imagine it's probably just as difficult as when I sold alarms door to door... Same bit, get shot at, ppl throwing glass bottles at my, answering to door with a shot gun in their hand, this was after my time in service I had a kid come up behind me as I was unlocking the company truck trying to jack it, I turned around and just kicked the **** out of him, imagine being the only white boy walking around east Cleveland... Lol not fun!
Right on...
I'm better for it though...not much gets to me anymore.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol yeah when ever I go through there or detroit it makes me miss iraq at least there I was well armed. Won't go through cleceland with out my 38spl.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt

Lol yeah when ever I go through there or detroit it makes me miss iraq at least there I was well armed. Won't go through cleceland with out my 38spl.
Ya that place is a sh** hole, I didn't want to come out and be like 'look at me' so I didn't say anything but I actually got shot up there off of 102 e and st Clair, 2 9mil rounds one grazed my elbow and took a bunch of skin and the other to the left shoulder... Neither aimed at me, it was an attempted drive by and I just happened to be trying to sell the people an alarm lol I will never go back to that area....
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya that place is a sh** hole, I didn't want to come out and be like 'look at me' so I didn't say anything but I actually got shot up there off of 102 e and st Clair, 2 9mil rounds one grazed my elbow and took a bunch of skin and the other to the left shoulder... Neither aimed at me, it was an attempted drive by and I just happened to be trying to sell the people an alarm lol I will never go back to that area....
And I bet it was over a minor argument. Places like that they will kill ya for looking at them. Lol and people think the third world is over seas.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #32

1989-1992 B 3/82 FA Ft. Hood Texas. Got to go to Kuwait a couple of times.
Candyred2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt View Post
And I bet it was over a minor argument. Places like that they will kill ya for looking at them. Lol and people think the third world is over seas.
i dont know why but they were both 'gang members' here is the pic of where the guy i was talking to was killed, the neighbors put out flowers and stuffed animals for him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	driveby.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	23203  
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

i dont know why but they were both 'gang members' here is the pic of where the guy i was talking to was killed, the neighbors put out flowers and stuffed animals for him
That's some rough sh**. Sorry to hear you had to go through that. See all too many of those around that area though. Your lucky you didn't get any flowers
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt

I spent most of my childhood I'm Germany...and most of my military time thus far overseas... If I didn't see it for myself I wouldn't believe it. I felt safer in Sarajevo in 95 than in some of the places I recruited. At least there, and in Iraq, I had a rifle, sidearm, a platoon with the same and 4 gun trucks...all I had on recruiting duty was a piece of crap dodge stratus, a planning guide, and my army story...lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion