New jersey state inspection fml - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
New jersey state inspection fml

Okay so I had an o/r x pipe on my Mach took it off. Now I have the stock h pipe =( so I can go through inspection so far I put 150 miles on it with stock h pipe and 3 cold starts. I scanned the computer and it says I/m monitor system Test not complete yet. Since dtc's cleared. No check engine light and I unhooked the batter when I did the switch. How do I got to wait before the system clears So I can get a sticker and the cops stop harassing me. And all O2 sensors are working
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Chick Nasty
Re: New jersey state inspection fml

i think you should be good now... take it to an independent shop...they help it through since you are paying for inspection ... thats wut i do
Old 02-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

as long as u have no check engine lights and cats ... ur good to go!!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick Nasty
as long as u have no check engine lights and cats ... ur good to go!!
The guy that does it is a family friend and he said that. If the test isn't complete then it will still fail
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

idk how long it takes...should be reset by now??
Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick Nasty
idk how long it takes...should be reset by now??
I know I mean I work on my car and friends car so it's not like I Am clueless with the issue
Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

should have reset right away , like within 15-20 miles ??? don't know what's wrong there, sorry i can't help
Old 02-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

No, it can take different mileages and times for different monitors to perform and complete test. More than likely your OBDII scanner shows a not ready monitor but it isn't correct. Did you have the DTC's disabled with a tuner when you installed the o/r pipe? Be sure the codes are on, be sure your not still using MIL eliminators if you did use them.

Also, I am a certified inspector in Louisiana and as long as there is no more than two monitors on the vehicle not ready the car will still pass OBDII (assuming everything else is ok)

While it may take differen't mileage/times I think 150 miles would be perfect. Test your battery and make sure it doesn't have a bad cell. It can cause the monitors to not be ready over and over again everytime you kill the car due to low voltage.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
No, it can take different mileages and times for different monitors to perform and complete test. More than likely your OBDII scanner shows a not ready monitor but it isn't correct. Did you have the DTC's disabled with a tuner when you installed the o/r pipe? Be sure the codes are on, be sure your not still using MIL eliminators if you did use them.

Also, I am a certified inspector in Louisiana and as long as there is no more than two monitors on the vehicle not ready the car will still pass OBDII (assuming everything else is ok)

While it may take differen't mileage/times I think 150 miles would be perfect. Test your battery and make sure it doesn't have a bad cell. It can cause the monitors to not be ready over and over again everytime you kill the car due to low voltage.
No I didnt have the dtc's cleared and the battery is good I think it's okay Bc it is only a pocket scanner I was going to throw it on the snap on scanner tonight
Old 02-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
It took my 03 GT a week before it would pass. The dude was cool though, he enjoyed driving it through the inspection station. I went to the one near lumberton.
Nasty Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Okay so I had an o/r x pipe on my Mach took it off. Now I have the stock h pipe =( so I can go through inspection so far I put 150 miles on it with stock h pipe and 3 cold starts. I scanned the computer and it says I/m monitor system Test not complete yet. Since dtc's cleared. No check engine light and I unhooked the batter when I did the switch. How do I got to wait before the system clears So I can get a sticker and the cops stop harassing me. And all O2 sensors are working
someone told me about a hundred miles .i don't know how true that is,having problems with my van right now that is similiar to yours.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

All Is good I passed
Old 02-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
All Is good I passed
coola
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue
All Is good I passed
Sweet! Now go put your illegal parts back on! Lol
Nasty Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Bite

Sweet! Now go put your illegal parts back on! Lol
Yea I know I just hate doing it in my cold *** driveway with jackstands lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion