Who thinks this is logical? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Forced induction man.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Forced induction man.
Ya, if I had the 4k to drop at once I would, I'm thinking 500$ to 1k things as I go so I constantly am up to something and doing sh**. know what I mean?
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

to each their own, i've had people come up to me and ask why i painted my car orange (its actually a stock 04 color and i bought it brand new in orange) but I LOVE my orange...but that is just me

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Other

From your pic it looks like a red/orange color. Could just be me though. I like bright colored cars okay, but I could never own one. Red, yellow, orange, just couldn't do it. Seems like it would draw a lot of cop attention, and I definitely don't need any of that.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
From your pic it looks like a red/orange color. Could just be me though. I like bright colored cars okay, but I could never own one. Red, yellow, orange, just couldn't do it. Seems like it would draw a lot of cop attention, and I definitely don't need any of that.
it does and i get followed a lot, but i also don't drive like an idiot. btw i can always find my car in a parking lot

Modified 2004 V6
Old 02-10-2011, 02:28 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Forced induction man.
I don't have that kind of dough. My kids are 2 and 6 and my wife is back in school taking business management. I would love to bolt a tork teck 112 on top but a single income doesn't afford me that and a roof over our heads.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #42
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

Ya, if I had the 4k to drop at once I would, I'm thinking 500$ to 1k things as I go so I constantly am up to something and doing sh**. know what I mean?
I am spraying a 175 zex shot on stock guts. I also spray meth for safety. It handles it just fine. Zex shots are under-rated. A 175 is about 150 at the wheels. And you can find complete used systems for 300 bucks
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
ok guys.... i got a 3 or 4 inch on my notch. i got a bbk ssi intake with a 1inch phenolic spacer cause of my tall ford motor sport valve covers which i needed for the larger body roller rocker arms, and it's damn close. i still needed the cowl hood when i was running the typhoon efi intake, it rubbed the shyte outa the stock hood.

and now im finding out that i have to run a cowl on my 97 cause the bbk wont fit under the stock hood of it, let alone an additional one 1 inch from the spacer.

my 90 tbird was an efi i converted, a stock "mustang/fox body" intake will not fit under the hood...so i had to put a cowl on it.

alot of aftermarket efi intakes wont fit under a stock hood, especialy if you run a phenolic spacer.

i was glad to get rid of my stock hood on my notch, im not all excited on my 97 though, but it's that, or i drive round wit no hood....did that too long on my notch..not cool.

Wow, you had to replace your hoods everytime, huh?! Did you know before installing the intakes that you would need a cowl? It would suck if everytime you intalled the intakes you found out after the install that your hood wont close!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Quote:
lol your car is bright! but I love that color!
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #45
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Your car looks great without it, but a small cowl hood can give it just a little more aggressive look.

I think it looks really good with a 2-3"...even if it's EFI, it makes the whole car more aggressive looking.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
to each their own, i've had people come up to me and ask why i painted my car orange (its actually a stock 04 color and i bought it brand new in orange) but I LOVE my orange...but that is just me
I think large cowl hoods without the need are no so great , but the small cowl hood like the pic in thread are very cool - I'm thinking about one for my 2011

I love that orange color - my 2011 is Yellow Blaze - I had hoped they would bring back Grabber Orange - like my 74 Maverick - closest I could get was the new Yellow Blaze tri coat metalic - I just think it looks so coowul
BTW my trade in was a Black 2000 GT .
What did they call that 04 Orange ?
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #47
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
Nice, I've been contemplating it after I do some internal work
you must be plan'n a serious shot of nos if you need to do internal work first

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

I am spraying a 175 zex shot on stock guts. I also spray meth for safety. It handles it just fine. Zex shots are under-rated. A 175 is about 150 at the wheels. And you can find complete used systems for 300 bucks
Doesnt sound to bad, I'll have to look into it
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

you must be plan'n a serious shot of nos if you need to do internal work first
No, intervals because My goal is force induction... And in the person that takes the engine apart 2x at max so why slap on the charger to take it off and do cams? Right
Old 02-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #50
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
No, intervals because My goal is force induction... And in the person that takes the engine apart 2x at max so why slap on the charger to take it off and do cams? Right
so your sayn that your gonna have someone else do the install work? cause if not, you arent doin any more "real" labor putting the blower on first, then cams later..regardless if your goin centrifugal or twin screw.

if your payn someone, wut u say makes sense, but if your doin it yourself...enjoy the blower, y wait?

just my opinion though

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 02-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:

so your sayn that your gonna have someone else do the install work? cause if not, you arent doin any more "real" labor putting the blower on first, then cams later..regardless if your goin centrifugal or twin screw.

if your payn someone, wut u say makes sense, but if your doin it yourself...enjoy the blower, y wait?

just my opinion though
It's also a matter of cash down man... And either way whether someone else does it or I do it is the same, my time is just as valuable as paying someone to do it...
Old 02-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
It's better if you do it yourself. That way you have an understanding of what's going on, and how the system works. I don't recommend n2o if you don't fully understand it and know what it's doing. If you let someone else do it, it's out of their hands as soon as the money is out of yours. There's no warranty on that. If they shortcut and miss something, you will be buying a motor.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #53
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
It's also a matter of cash down man... And either way whether someone else does it or I do it is the same, my time is just as valuable as paying someone to do it...
exactly my point...but i dont think we are on the same page, it's your car...and just my opinion. ima blower freak is all. ive removed my blower multiple times for various reasons..sum stupid. but im one of those ppl that doesnt mind. i understand you wanna do it once and leave it alone.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:
I think my time is more valuable than paying someone to do my work, because I'm going to take the time and make sure things are done right and up to my standards. Mine are pretty high. Some people say, "Mike can piss in a plate and never splash". I guess I'm pretty anal about a lot of things. Blame it on my OCD!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:

exactly my point...but i dont think we are on the same page, it's your car...and just my opinion. ima blower freak is all. ive removed my blower multiple times for various reasons..sum stupid. but im one of those ppl that doesnt mind. i understand you wanna do it once and leave it alone.
Ya man, everyone does things differently I guess... All is good
Old 02-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #56
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
I think my time is more valuable than paying someone to do my work, because I'm going to take the time and make sure things are done right and up to my standards. Mine are pretty high. Some people say, "Mike can piss in a plate and never splash". I guess I'm pretty anal about a lot of things. Blame it on my OCD!
here's your sign...
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Region: Florida

Quote:
here's your sign...
Hahaha! Great pic!
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #58
Road Trip!

That sign is awesome!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Quote:

here's your sign...
Hehehe
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
That sign is awesome!
Lol. I like things to be done right also, maybe a little OCD. Nothing wrong with that though. Just means you won't do a half a** job.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #61
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
That sign is awesome!
idi nvite u to my house, but i dont want u to mess up your nice cobra cause directions to my house include..."pull off of the paved road"

Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
idi nvite u to my house, but i dont want u to mess up your nice cobra cause directions to my house include..."pull off of the paved road"

And you would be right too!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #63
Titus Wadicus
Regular

cause farm thugs have manners too...gonna send u home wit them gangsta chickens yo!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #64
Road Trip!

Word to yo chickens yo!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #65
Titus Wadicus
Regular

vanilla ice says word to yo mother...i say word to yo grandma yo...lmao!!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ View Post
I think large cowl hoods without the need are no so great , but the small cowl hood like the pic in thread are very cool - I'm thinking about one for my 2011

I love that orange color - my 2011 is Yellow Blaze - I had hoped they would bring back Grabber Orange - like my 74 Maverick - closest I could get was the new Yellow Blaze tri coat metalic - I just think it looks so coowul
BTW my trade in was a Black 2000 GT .
What did they call that 04 Orange ?
competition orange

Modified 2004 V6

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion