Who thinks this is logical? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #36
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
Forced induction man.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #37
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Forced induction man.
Ya, if I had the 4k to drop at once I would, I'm thinking 500$ to 1k things as I go so I constantly am up to something and doing sh**. know what I mean?
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
meteorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,347
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

to each their own, i've had people come up to me and ask why i painted my car orange (its actually a stock 04 color and i bought it brand new in orange) but I LOVE my orange...but that is just me
__________________
In God We Trust. All Others Checked NCIC.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #39
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

From your pic it looks like a red/orange color. Could just be me though. I like bright colored cars okay, but I could never own one. Red, yellow, orange, just couldn't do it. Seems like it would draw a lot of cop attention, and I definitely don't need any of that.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
meteorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,347
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
From your pic it looks like a red/orange color. Could just be me though. I like bright colored cars okay, but I could never own one. Red, yellow, orange, just couldn't do it. Seems like it would draw a lot of cop attention, and I definitely don't need any of that.
it does and i get followed a lot, but i also don't drive like an idiot. btw i can always find my car in a parking lot
__________________
In God We Trust. All Others Checked NCIC.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:28 AM   #41
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra
Forced induction man.
I don't have that kind of dough. My kids are 2 and 6 and my wife is back in school taking business management. I would love to bolt a tork teck 112 on top but a single income doesn't afford me that and a roof over our heads.
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:30 AM   #42
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport

Ya, if I had the 4k to drop at once I would, I'm thinking 500$ to 1k things as I go so I constantly am up to something and doing sh**. know what I mean?
I am spraying a 175 zex shot on stock guts. I also spray meth for safety. It handles it just fine. Zex shots are under-rated. A 175 is about 150 at the wheels. And you can find complete used systems for 300 bucks
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wolfsbain76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Region: New York
Posts: 268
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
ok guys.... i got a 3 or 4 inch on my notch. i got a bbk ssi intake with a 1inch phenolic spacer cause of my tall ford motor sport valve covers which i needed for the larger body roller rocker arms, and it's damn close. i still needed the cowl hood when i was running the typhoon efi intake, it rubbed the shyte outa the stock hood.

and now im finding out that i have to run a cowl on my 97 cause the bbk wont fit under the stock hood of it, let alone an additional one 1 inch from the spacer.

my 90 tbird was an efi i converted, a stock "mustang/fox body" intake will not fit under the hood...so i had to put a cowl on it.

alot of aftermarket efi intakes wont fit under a stock hood, especialy if you run a phenolic spacer.

i was glad to get rid of my stock hood on my notch, im not all excited on my 97 though, but it's that, or i drive round wit no hood....did that too long on my notch..not cool.

Wow, you had to replace your hoods everytime, huh?! Did you know before installing the intakes that you would need a cowl? It would suck if everytime you intalled the intakes you found out after the install that your hood wont close!
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Wolfsbain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
From your pic it looks like a red/orange color. Could just be me though. I like bright colored cars okay, but I could never own one. Red, yellow, orange, just couldn't do it. Seems like it would draw a lot of cop attention, and I definitely don't need any of that.
lol your car is bright! but I love that color!
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #45
Tib
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 540
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Your car looks great without it, but a small cowl hood can give it just a little more aggressive look.



I think it looks really good with a 2-3"...even if it's EFI, it makes the whole car more aggressive looking.
__________________
2003 Roush Mustang GT Stage 2 Package - Current 'Stang
1998 Mustang GT - Previous 'Stang
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
LbarJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Maryland
Posts: 112
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
to each their own, i've had people come up to me and ask why i painted my car orange (its actually a stock 04 color and i bought it brand new in orange) but I LOVE my orange...but that is just me
I think large cowl hoods without the need are no so great , but the small cowl hood like the pic in thread are very cool - I'm thinking about one for my 2011

I love that orange color - my 2011 is Yellow Blaze - I had hoped they would bring back Grabber Orange - like my 74 Maverick - closest I could get was the new Yellow Blaze tri coat metalic - I just think it looks so coowul
BTW my trade in was a Black 2000 GT .
What did they call that 04 Orange ?
LbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #47
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
Nice, I've been contemplating it after I do some internal work
you must be plan'n a serious shot of nos if you need to do internal work first
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #48
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

I am spraying a 175 zex shot on stock guts. I also spray meth for safety. It handles it just fine. Zex shots are under-rated. A 175 is about 150 at the wheels. And you can find complete used systems for 300 bucks
Doesnt sound to bad, I'll have to look into it
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #49
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

you must be plan'n a serious shot of nos if you need to do internal work first
No, intervals because My goal is force induction... And in the person that takes the engine apart 2x at max so why slap on the charger to take it off and do cams? Right
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #50
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
No, intervals because My goal is force induction... And in the person that takes the engine apart 2x at max so why slap on the charger to take it off and do cams? Right
so your sayn that your gonna have someone else do the install work? cause if not, you arent doin any more "real" labor putting the blower on first, then cams later..regardless if your goin centrifugal or twin screw.

if your payn someone, wut u say makes sense, but if your doin it yourself...enjoy the blower, y wait?

just my opinion though
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #51
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

so your sayn that your gonna have someone else do the install work? cause if not, you arent doin any more "real" labor putting the blower on first, then cams later..regardless if your goin centrifugal or twin screw.

if your payn someone, wut u say makes sense, but if your doin it yourself...enjoy the blower, y wait?

just my opinion though
It's also a matter of cash down man... And either way whether someone else does it or I do it is the same, my time is just as valuable as paying someone to do it...
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #52
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,635
It's better if you do it yourself. That way you have an understanding of what's going on, and how the system works. I don't recommend n2o if you don't fully understand it and know what it's doing. If you let someone else do it, it's out of their hands as soon as the money is out of yours. There's no warranty on that. If they shortcut and miss something, you will be buying a motor.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #53
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
It's also a matter of cash down man... And either way whether someone else does it or I do it is the same, my time is just as valuable as paying someone to do it...
exactly my point...but i dont think we are on the same page, it's your car...and just my opinion. ima blower freak is all. ive removed my blower multiple times for various reasons..sum stupid. but im one of those ppl that doesnt mind. i understand you wanna do it once and leave it alone.
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #54
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatisport View Post
It's also a matter of cash down man... And either way whether someone else does it or I do it is the same, my time is just as valuable as paying someone to do it...
I think my time is more valuable than paying someone to do my work, because I'm going to take the time and make sure things are done right and up to my standards. Mine are pretty high. Some people say, "Mike can piss in a plate and never splash". I guess I'm pretty anal about a lot of things. Blame it on my OCD!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #55
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

exactly my point...but i dont think we are on the same page, it's your car...and just my opinion. ima blower freak is all. ive removed my blower multiple times for various reasons..sum stupid. but im one of those ppl that doesnt mind. i understand you wanna do it once and leave it alone.
Ya man, everyone does things differently I guess... All is good
Ducatisport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #56
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
I think my time is more valuable than paying someone to do my work, because I'm going to take the time and make sure things are done right and up to my standards. Mine are pretty high. Some people say, "Mike can piss in a plate and never splash". I guess I'm pretty anal about a lot of things. Blame it on my OCD!
here's your sign...
Attached Images
 
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #57
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 700
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
here's your sign...
Hahaha! Great pic!
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #58
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

That sign is awesome!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #59
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

here's your sign...
Hehehe
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Qwik Four Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy
That sign is awesome!
Lol. I like things to be done right also, maybe a little OCD. Nothing wrong with that though. Just means you won't do a half a** job.
Qwik Four Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #61
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
That sign is awesome!
idi nvite u to my house, but i dont want u to mess up your nice cobra cause directions to my house include..."pull off of the paved road"
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #62
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
idi nvite u to my house, but i dont want u to mess up your nice cobra cause directions to my house include..."pull off of the paved road"

And you would be right too!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #63
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

cause farm thugs have manners too...gonna send u home wit them gangsta chickens yo!!!
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #64
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Word to yo chickens yo!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #65
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

vanilla ice says word to yo mother...i say word to yo grandma yo...lmao!!!!
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
meteorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,347
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Who thinks this is logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbarJ View Post
I think large cowl hoods without the need are no so great , but the small cowl hood like the pic in thread are very cool - I'm thinking about one for my 2011

I love that orange color - my 2011 is Yellow Blaze - I had hoped they would bring back Grabber Orange - like my 74 Maverick - closest I could get was the new Yellow Blaze tri coat metalic - I just think it looks so coowul
BTW my trade in was a Black 2000 GT .
What did they call that 04 Orange ?
competition orange
__________________
In God We Trust. All Others Checked NCIC.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So who else thinks the Fusion is kinda cool? DarkShadow The Bar 23 12-26-2010 02:11 PM
So Who Thinks Kenny Rogers Cheated? Brent The Bar 9 10-26-2006 05:05 PM
so the gf's mom thinks I'm cheating... jimmy_beaner The Bar 48 10-19-2005 03:29 PM
Who thinks Live8 is gonna suck? fast64 The Bar 15 07-05-2005 02:51 PM
My Firend thinks I'm a Idiot...... Brent The Bar 17 07-21-2003 07:41 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:14 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.