Memories of the first time u drove a stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Memories of the first time u drove a stang

Wow I remember it like it was yesterday flint mi ..cool Saturday morn 1993 (13 years old) before baseball practice my mom had a 89 5.0 and my step dad was driving we got there kinda early so he asked u wanna drive I smiled ear to ear ..here we go lmao I jumped in the driver seat looked up at nothin but open parking lot only thing was a big puddle of water and mud from the night before on the side of the lot .. So I put it in drive eased my foot off the brake and nailed it I think my step dad messed his self the g's thru me in my seat and l lost focus and drove str8 for the mud well I managed to cover the entire passenger side in a brown coating lol I didn't care that 5.0 had me hooked I love my Chevys but something bout a mustang the sound they make is awesome the way they Handel love em .... Let's here y'all stories

I bought that 89 stang from my mom lol

2010 mustang gt
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
The first time i drove a stang was 1 1/2 years ago. I was looking at cars because i was 16 and had my license. I test drove a civic si, a scion tc, a mazda speed, a vw gti, and a toyota matrix. I wasnt pleased by any of them. I did more research on cars so i could find another car that i would like to possibly have. I found out that v6 mustang were $20 grand. I thought they were at least $30. I convinced my dad to let me test drive one. He took me to the ford dealership. It was love at first sight. And then pressing the peddle down and feeling the floor of the car rumble and hearing the power. It was amazing. I knew i had to have it.
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Memories of the first time u drove a stang

1979 , yup Das right !!!!! I'm old !!! so what !!
I was 18 , just bought my first car a 1969 fastback 302 / thats what we used to call them in the old days , for you young bucks and gals that would be a 5.0 ... lol
MY buddy drove me over to get it , got the car for $200 it was in a farm field with grass growing up around it , we put a battery in it and she FIRED RIGHT UP !!! WOO HOO slapped a tag on it and drove that baby home , IT FELT GREAT , OH YA , and on the way home i blew my buddy's 70 Nova away !!!!! YA
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Hmmm I remember the first time driving my dad's 2008 GT 5spd. He was teaching me stick on his brand new car, Yup I became the first person to spin the tires in it
Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Wink Re: Memories of the first time u drove a stang

better than sex.that's all i can say lol
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
It was when I test drove my 01 v6 manual I loved that car.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

My most memorable time was when I saw Millie at the dealership, shing and gleaming in her luster. I was caught by her smooth lines and glowing appearance. I just had to see her and seat in the seat. When I asked to drive it, I slipped into the seat and to feel myself against her leather. I turned the key and she came to life. All 8 cylinders hitting and the rumble of the exhuast excited me. But when I first stepped on the gas I felt so intuned to her that I knew we were a match made in heaven.

I always dreamed of a mustang and to own her is like pure bliss for me. Sometimes you are one, well when I drive her I can almost feel her breathing and I am put into another world. I can hear her heart beating as I run through the gears with every gear she gets stronger.

Corny I know but when something is gotten sometimes words just can't explain the joy you feel. This is my first and will be wih me as long as I am willing. Your first will always hold a certain place in your heart.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike View Post
Well that must have been one hell of a ride!!!!!!!

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike
Nothing is better than sex!! It might be as good as sex but not better!
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well it was when i was working at a shop in highschool and this guy brought in his yellow Mach 1 for basic ****. So i remember the guy pulling in then I jumped and was like wow I am getting one of these. I test drove around the parking lot just feeling the power put a smile on my face. Year later I taught my friend how to drive his 5 speed 99 cobra and then 6 months later I got my Mach 1
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:08 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

my 04 is my first and only stang...my grandmother went with me to the dealership to get it and i remember driving home with her in the passenger seat thinking "why did i get orange?"...but I remember her telling me how much she loved the color and how much she loved my car. I took her everywhere in it...she passed away right before christmas, so my passenger seat feels kinda empty now

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster View Post
Nothing is better than sex!! It might be as good as sex but not better!
+1
Old 02-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #13

Region: Europe
it's now 2 years ago, it was on a sunday evening at a shoping center near mannhein. it was a 2006 gt in windveil blue metallic, i had no driver license at this time. so it was really exciting for me! the best thing in summer, is to take a ride in the evening, great weather and in the backround the sound of a stang!
GT500Lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

All of these posts really make me feel old... My first ride in a Mustang was in my aunt's 1966 coupe. It was a year old, and I was 7. I had never been in a "sporty" car before, and it was my first experience with a manual transmission. I was mesmerized by the process of shifting gears. We blasted across the parking lot of a new K-mart that was under construction, and Aunt Lynn was using the landscaping islands like a slalom course. I was hooked for life!
My next time was March 15th, 19777, when my father rewarded my straight A's in school with a 1966 coupe I could call my own. There was not a happier teenager anywhere in the world that day! I put 20,000 miles on that Mustang by the time school let out for the summer.
Since then, I have had 8 more Mustangs! A '72 coupe, an '84 GT, an'89 GT, a '97 GT Convertible, a '99 Cobra, an '02 Convertible, an '07 Roush and my latest is an '07 Saleen Parnelli Jones. Every time I drive it I recall that ride in 1967.
sinister07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

2002 mustang roush stage 3 360r with mods they day I turned 16 my stpeddads car had stang fever ever since
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

It was a year ago and I had just gotten back from Iraq and just Learned how to drive manual.I wanted a new car cus after getting my mazda 6i out if storage I wanted more power. I test drove a rx8 ( yes I was a ricer) and new I needed more. The. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her and I was intrigued! Turned the car on and a 1/4 of a mile later I was in 5th with the peddle to the floor and a huge smile on my face! I was hooked on v8's! Now me and my gt are inseparable!
Joshfelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Region: Other

First time I ever drove a Fox was back in high school. A buddy of mine had a McClaren Capri. Can't remember what year, but that thing would ***** and get! Didn't own one myself until '05 or so, and that's when I got my '85 Vert. Needless to say, I was hooked, and to this day I still am! I've driven every bodystyle Mustang and I'm still partial to the Foxes. Funny thing is, I never drove a 1993 Cobra until I got mine. The best Fox ever!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion