Addicted to my stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 428
Addicted to my stang

Man is it me but I make up reasons to drive my car never have I been like that almost got suspended for burnin out at work lol
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: Addicted to my stang

I do that all the time too
My parents are always telling me to not drive so often because gas is so expensive but i just can't help it so i tend to say i need something somewhere
Every chance i get to drive my baby i take it
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Re: Addicted to my stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo1967Mustang View Post
I do that all the time too
My parents are always telling me to not drive so often because gas is so expensive but i just can't help it so i tend to say i need something somewhere
Every chance i get to drive my baby i take it
Same thing the gf does, she's gone all the time now. Always talks about the attention she gets in it. Yeah, I think I'm going to invest in one of those nanny cam teddy bears now. Tell her to put it facing forward in the back window I think........
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: Addicted to my stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
Same thing the gf does, she's gone all the time now. Always talks about the attention she gets in it. Yeah, I think I'm going to invest in one of those nanny cam teddy bears now. Tell her to put it facing forward in the back window I think........
LMAO
i actually don't get too much attention in my baby
i just like driving her around
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Re: Addicted to my stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Man is it me but I make up reasons to drive my car never have I been like that almost got suspended for burnin out at work lol
i can't wait to start ripping and doing mods lol
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: Addicted to my stang

I used be addicted. Espescially when I had my 2001. I was bitten by the Mod bug. It being my intro car to actual Mustang ownership I spent most of my time slaving over it. Spent tons of money and time I didn't have on it. Cleaned, waxed, washed, clay barred, polished, changed oil & filter way too much. My ex-wife hated the car becuase of how much time I dedicated to it.

When I got my 2004 I went through a rough patch in my life and didn't mess with it or give it the proper attention much. Eventually I picked up stride, modded it, slaved over it and dedicated time to it again. Then I lost my job and couldn't pass up a chance to sell it for the amount offered. In hindsight, I should have done everything I could have to keep it.

I've learned my lessons and know how to balance the time and money now. It's not so much as an addiction or obsession anymore. I look at it like a hobby and it has to come 2nd to the important things in life. I hope to begin working on my 93 Cobra Project soon.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1ijack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 804
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
I have done started the minute it started to snow I was ordering parts.
__________________

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke
Man is it me but I make up reasons to drive my car never have I been like that almost got suspended for burnin out at work lol
Ditto
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
MC770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,761
Re: Addicted to my stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
I used be addicted. Espescially when I had my 2001. I was bitten by the Mod bug. It being my intro car to actual Mustang ownership I spent most of my time slaving over it. Spent tons of money and time I didn't have on it. Cleaned, waxed, washed, clay barred, polished, changed oil & filter way too much. My ex-wife hated the car becuase of how much time I dedicated to it.

When I got my 2004 I went through a rough patch in my life and didn't mess with it or give it the proper attention much. Eventually I picked up stride, modded it, slaved over it and dedicated time to it again. Then I lost my job and couldn't pass up a chance to sell it for the amount offered. In hindsight, I should have done everything I could have to keep it.

I've learned my lessons and know how to balance the time and money now. It's not so much as an addiction or obsession anymore. I look at it like a hobby and it has to come 2nd to the important things in life. I hope to begin working on my 93 Cobra Project soon.
F*** yeah, can't wait to see that one when its done
__________________
~2003 Zinc Yellow Terminator Cobra~
~482 RWHP / 487 LBS Torque~
MC770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Addicted to my stang

I used to be like that when I first got the car. I drove it everywhere, even in the winter one year in high school. But now I don't have that drive...don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the car and am in pain right now watching 6 more inches of snow fall putting me farther away from taking it out of storage, but I don't want to rack up miles and endure the abuse of daily driving.

I drive my truck to work during the cold/winter months, and the bike during the week in the summer. I take the car out on the weekends and maybe a friday to work if it's nice out. I just can't justify doing anything stupid with it or hot doggin anymore...plus tires/parts are too damn expensive.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Ditto on the winter truck however as soon as the weather breaks I will rack up major miles on the mustang. I bought it to drive. And after 4 months of just staring at it and sitting in it I want some wheel time
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Wink Re: Addicted to my stang

stangs are like sex you just keep wanting more lol
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Addicted to my stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mustangmike View Post
stangs are like sex you just keep wanting more lol
ain't that the damn truth
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Thumbs up Re: Addicted to my stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
ain't that the damn truth
oh yes it is
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kansas
Posts: 11
I look forward to every chance I get in my 95
shade tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
mjb09gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 104
I have hard time not driving to my mail box. I stoped coming up w/ reasons to drive. I just drive, lots of country around me so lots of great places to cruise. Put the dog in the passenger seat and take off.
mjb09gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Addicted to my stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt View Post
I have hard time not driving to my mail box. I stoped coming up w/ reasons to drive. I just drive, lots of country around me so lots of great places to cruise. Put the dog in the passenger seat and take off.
Mah doggie don't get to ride in my stang...sheds too much. He does get to ride in the Ranger though.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone addicted to chewing...? Zim The Bar 10 09-19-2006 08:36 PM
Who else is addicted.. Seph The Bar 19 07-25-2006 03:29 PM
I am hopelessly addicted to WoW Kiljosh The Bar 28 12-22-2005 04:25 PM
Damn...i think im addicted SrATEX The Bar 10 05-13-2005 01:51 PM
Anybody else addicted to Ken The Bar 22 11-05-2003 07:59 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:40 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.