Springs of a course - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Springs of a course

Need some help from the forum. I have come into a questionable situation. I am ordering springs for my Millie and am wondering of two. Price and quality being comparable.

H&R Super Sport Springs
Progressive rate
Frt: 700-760 lb/in 1.75 lowered
Rear: 275-300 lb/in 1.60 lowered
$209

FRPP C-springs
Standard rate
Frt: 650 lb/in 1.25 lowered
Rear: 200-300 lb/in 1.25 lowered
$159

I am also putting new shocks, MM caster plates, 17x9 front 17x10.5 rear with Nexen R3000 tires, Chin spoiler, Grill delete kit, Spring isolators, new clutche with quadrant. If this was what you are doing what would you do.......

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Springs of a course

i think you will only need the caster camber plates with the h&r kit. anything over a 1.5 drop you definatley wanna do plates.

decidng a drop is sorta something only u can decide. i depends on what your planning to do with it. keep in my speed bumps, pot holes and the ability to get a jack under it.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
i think you will only need the caster camber plates with the h&r kit. anything over a 1.5 drop you definatley wanna do plates.

decidng a drop is sorta something only u can decide. i depends on what your planning to do with it. keep in my speed bumps, pot holes and the ability to get a jack under it.
well I know about the speed bumps and all I am wondering about the difference between standard and progressive and with the new wheels and tires if there is going to be issues with the set up. Once I get this all in It will be hard to take out and sent back

LOL!

I love slamming the her but I am concerned with the settling part

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Titus Wadicus
Regular

progressive means they start off as soft or stock type in suspension feel... as you take a hard turn or put stress on them, they progressivly get stiffer. most pl prefer progressive rate for a daily driver.

standard/specific rate .. means they are always stiff...like a race car. similar to an older vette or iroc z. i prefer specific rate cause the suspension is predictable for hard driving. but not necessary good for daily driving cause stiff springs are not a good thing on wet pavement...or when drinking beverages ..or crappy pavement...lol. if you like feeling like your in a race car all the time go for specific rate.

the springs will be higher than the rated height when new. they settle into the rated height from 5 days to a month depending on spring.

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
progressive means they start off as soft or stock type in suspension feel... as you take a hard turn or put stress on them, they progressivly get stiffer. most pl prefer progressive rate for a daily driver.

standard/specific rate .. means they are always stiff...like a race car. similar to an older vette or iroc z. i prefer specific rate cause the suspension is predictable for hard driving. but not necessary good for daily driving cause stiff springs are not a good thing on wet pavement...or when drinking beverages ..or crappy pavement...lol. if you like feeling like your in a race car all the time go for specific rate.

the springs will be higher than the rated height when new. they settle into the rated height from 5 days to a month depending on spring.
So since my stang is a DD The progressive rate would be better. should i guess that I might obnly get like an 1.25 lower on the front and 1.1 on th rear when installed

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 02-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
Titus Wadicus
Regular

it will prolly be closer than that bud... it could be dead on within an hour... all spring manufactures are different. have you checked on ebay..i think i saw sum eibaches on sale. and there's also others. i bought a set of voghtlands on there a while back..very nice progressives, real nice stance.

yea, u will prolly be happier with progressives if you are goin for more of stance and look then corner carving and road racing/slalom courses

Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa

The H&R spring specs are pretty accurate and that is what you should see after they settle in. Your chin spoiler may also eat up another .5 -.75 in the front, so you will want to watch your entry/exit into driveways as it will be easy to scrape the front. It will be close fit in the rear with the 10.5 rims.
John@NQS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Omg what an improvement to stock. Found two cracked and broken springs glad i made the choice now and not waited.

The Mustang Mafia
www.themustangmafia.com
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

so which ones did you go with? lol. Post up some pics when you get a chance

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion