Head lights - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Head lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
Yah that's a nice little kit to dress up the interior. The billet accents look really nice in an all black interior.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Yah that's a nice little kit to dress up the interior. The billet accents look really nice in an all black interior.
I'm ordering it to day!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco

I'm ordering it to day!
And a new shift knob to!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Head lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
And a new shift knob to!
Sweet what shift knob?
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco

And a new shift knob to!
Tax refund?
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Re: Head lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Tax refund?
no just want to do some changes
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Get my light tomorrow and the rest I ordered on Friday can't wait!!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #78
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Head lights

take pics
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Ok sending lights back now Blondie here order to right one! Can you say air head! Ordered the dark smoked head lights instead!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: Head lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
Ok sending lights back now Blondie here order to right one! Can you say air head! Ordered the dark smoked head lights instead!
Lol
Aww, its ok
Ive had those moments
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Before and after!

Sent from my DROID2 using Mustang Evolution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110305_145049.png
Views:	101
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	24151   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110305_145118.png
Views:	98
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	24152  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110305_145212.png
Views:	90
Size:	429.4 KB
ID:	24153   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110305_145253.png
Views:	86
Size:	523.2 KB
ID:	24154  

__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
And the stupid knob I can't get off

Sent from my DROID2 using Mustang Evolution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110305_145348.png
Views:	100
Size:	492.6 KB
ID:	24155  
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #83
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Re: Head lights

Looks great!
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Getting ready to put my new lights in!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #85
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Sweet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Ok so why dosent the two closest to the inside work?

Sent from my DROID2 using Mustang Evolution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110311_111846.png
Views:	77
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	24346  
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco
Ok so why dosent the two closest to the inside work?

Sent from my DROID2 using Mustang Evolution
Help!!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Help!!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #89
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Head lights

are those halos? there are typically only 2 bulbs, one for blinker and one for high/low beam. looks like those headlights require an wiring adapter for the third area.
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
are those halos? there are typically only 2 bulbs, one for blinker and one for high/low beam. looks like those headlights require an wiring adapter for the third area.
Yea never mind it's the brights but they won't stay
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
I think switch for brites is broken
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #92
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Head lights

they won't stay on? (as in light goes off?) or they won't stay in place in the head light?
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Set up is fine the switch inside car won't stay clicked on I have to hold it
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #94
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Head lights

hmm did you change or remove it to install the billet pieces?
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
hmm did you change or remove it to install the billet pieces?
Yes installed I think I broke it then
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #96
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Head lights

hmm thats not good. i'm not sure how to replace that maybe one of the guys will chime in here
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Done

Sent from my DROID2 using Mustang Evolution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110311_124534.png
Views:	67
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	24360  
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #98
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Re: Head lights

looks totally different now!
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #99
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco
Done

Sent from my DROID2 using Mustang Evolution
Looks sweet!

TTT
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Re: Head lights

that was fun but of course Murphy's Law follows me every where, a piece of plastic broke off while tacking old ones off couldnt get it out had to take out the drill to get it out!! goter down!! kind of proud of my self Dad would be I know!!!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: Head lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraco View Post
Done

Sent from my DROID2 using Mustang Evolution
Looks awesome!!!
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #102
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Hell yeah! Smoked for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Loraco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via Yahoo to Loraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
yea install is super easy, no tools required. You pop the hood, notice the two black pins on the headlights, pull both of those up and out.

After they are out take a towel or something and slide under the headlight area so when it comes out it wont scratch the bumper.

Push it out and it will pop out, reach behind and unplug the turn signal by pulling the plug back after raising up the little tabs (dont break em) and then do the same for the main headlight bulb.

Swap the new bulb into the new head lights, good time to upgrade to some new bulbs or brighter/whiter ones

Twist the black ring thing and pull out and the stock bulb come out.

Reverse the process!
Thank spectorV for your help! I looked back on this and I know I could not have done it with out it! Thank you so much!
__________________
APRILS MOTM to drive is the reason the destination is just the excuse.
Loraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 890
Re: Head lights

the smoked def makes the front flames stand out a lot better. Looks great Lorrie!
__________________
USAF_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #105
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
I am putting these in soon. Next weekend maybe

PETOM.biz TTT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3134724387.png
Views:	49
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	24492  
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New head lights on the stang sonic04edge Pictures and Videos 7 07-14-2010 10:10 PM
head lights 04TRV6 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 13 07-07-2010 07:44 PM
Head lights eddie1 1996-2004 Mustang GT 13 12-15-2009 03:12 AM
FOR SALE: tail lights, head lights, clear corners, tail light covers, dvd, xbox games Zim Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 15 12-13-2004 01:45 PM
head lights 1997grnstang Mustang Audio & Video 5 02-15-2004 08:02 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:46 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.