Mustangs vs....the other guys - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Mustangs vs....the other guys

I have loved mustangs since I was a kid. I remember looking at these pieces of American muscle in awe. I watch a lot of top gear, motor trend and many other car shows and have realized that my beloved ponies are not the horsepower monsters I once thought. I mean you can by a v6 accord that has about as much horsepower than the same year gt. I believe it's an American thing. Our motors are huge! 5,6,7 litre beasts, yet the European cars are getting better mpg's horsepower and torque out of motors half the size for the same price. Before anybody gets upset with my thoughts on this, I feel we are starting to get things straight. The 2011 v6 is a great example. 305hp and great gas mileage. It's just a shame it took soo long to do it. The 5.0 has stepped up it's game as well. You can find countless arguments on "well if this motor was boosted it would take that car stock", or "it's not a fair race because that srt4 is boosted, boost that stang and it's an even race." Not anymore, for now we have some factory stangs that finally have the motor to back up that history. Any car can be modified, but the new stangs stock for stock can now defend their honor right out of the showroom. I can't wait to see what ford has up their sleeves in the following years. I love my mustang, and will wave at any I see on the road. I've stuck by ford for years and with these new ponies in the stable I'm glad I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Mustangs vs....the other guys

Amen
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I love the mustang wave
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

We should steal the jeep saying and say "It's a Stang thang" lmfao

but yeah man well said. Just had the conversation today as to "why not just get a diff car with more horsepower if you want more"

Don't think they understand its the fact that another car is just another car and not a Mustang. It's one of the longest and most consistent American icons.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I have loved mustangs since I was a kid. I remember looking at these pieces of American muscle in awe. I watch a lot of top gear, motor trend and many other car shows and have realized that my beloved ponies are not the horsepower monsters I once thought. I mean you can by a v6 accord that has about as much horsepower than the same year gt. I believe it's an American thing. Our motors are huge! 5,6,7 litre beasts, yet the European cars are getting better mpg's horsepower and torque out of motors half the size for the same price. Before anybody gets upset with my thoughts on this, I feel we are starting to get things straight. The 2011 v6 is a great example. 305hp and great gas mileage. It's just a shame it took soo long to do it. The 5.0 has stepped up it's game as well. You can find countless arguments on "well if this motor was boosted it would take that car stock", or "it's not a fair race because that srt4 is boosted, boost that stang and it's an even race." Not anymore, for now we have some factory stangs that finally have the motor to back up that history. Any car can be modified, but the new stangs stock for stock can now defend their honor right out of the showroom. I can't wait to see what ford has up their sleeves in the following years. I love my mustang, and will wave at any I see on the road. I've stuck by ford for years and with these new ponies in the stable I'm glad I have.

they will never be a mustang,and never look like a mustang.that's all i'm going to say on this.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I love mustangs. My first car was a 68' 289 coupe. Im not brand specific though. Had a lot of gm vehicles too. Mustang got it's recent reputation because the foxes killed the f-bodies in the 80's-90's. They killed the f-bodies because gm would not let the f's beat the vette. It's gm's own fault. Ford has a mustang now to beat anything that gm can throw at them. 6 gt Shelby sup-snake. Proud to see them where they are now. It's a ford/gm battle that's gonna go on forever hopefully. If the camaro was a little better looking and came supercharged, I would be very tempted.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

This rivalry will mean only better mustangs to come. I don't mind some of the tasteful imports. But to the civic guys....man at the end of the day you are still driving an economy car. Yes I have seen the 9 second civics beat some stangs, but I don't see a whole lot of 1000k plus horsepower civics either. I don't have anything against 4 bangers, but there is something about a v8 stang's beautiful music from those exhaust tips that will win me over hands down everytime.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
Road Trip!

They have always sounded great. For sure.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

I've had a lot of Stangs, and my last four cars have been Stangs. I have loved them since 1964.... I have owned a few other brands... No Japanese but I did drive a 1969 Jaguar XKE Series II for a couple years. That car drove like a dream and it got a lot of attention, like a minor movie star... But you know what, so does my Roush! Maybe more.... People often ask me if they can see the engine, and they always ask me if it really is a 427 cid engine, (it isn't, that's hp) but my point is, it's great to drive a tuner Mustang... I love the attention... except it seems to bother young guys in their Camaro's and they are forever doing this chicken **** pass thing where they roar around me then pull in front and hit the brakes... But it must be a cool car if they feel impelled to do it...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Well said. The only issue I have is that the camaros are afraid of me I think. But the vettes all have to try. I love killing vettes. Suckers!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The problem with most of the Honda crowd is that they fear nothing. Check out the you tube video with the ricer guy trying to race a BMW, poor guy blew his sub 2 litre and all 108 hp went out the window. That is the only time you will hear fear from them and it usually is something like the guy in this video said "oh my god dude my dads gonna kill me"

Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

I had one GM a 69 Nova , cool car , but it couldn't hold a candle to my first Stang , also a 69 ............ I've been driving for 32 years ,and Its always been Mustangs , I had a Mustang when they were the minority , lol ......
Great cars !!! always have been ,always will be .............
GREAT POST By the way ....
Old 02-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony
The problem with most of the Honda crowd is that they fear nothing. Check out the you tube video with the ricer guy trying to race a BMW, poor guy blew his sub 2 litre and all 108 hp went out the window. That is the only time you will hear fear from them and it usually is something like the guy in this video said "oh my god dude my dads gonna kill me"

****. I go to the track and they won't even make eye contact. If you catch them looking at the car they hurry up and turn their heads. Hahahaha
Old 02-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
I had one GM a 69 Nova , cool car , but it couldn't hold a candle to my first Stang , also a 69 ............ I've been driving for 32 years ,and Its always been Mustangs , I had a Mustang when they were the minority , lol ......
Great cars !!! always have been ,always will be .............
GREAT POST By the way ....
I beat a turbo'd crx yesterday at the track I didn't do to good time was I can't keep it from spinning I went 13.5 at 108 lol I think it's time for MT steerts
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
I beat a turbo'd crx yesterday at the track I didn't do to good time was I can't keep it from spinning I went 13.5 at 108 lol I think it's time for MT steerts
Great MPH Joe !!! I'll have to let you borrow my Drag Radials !!!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Great MPH Joe !!! I'll have to let you borrow my Drag Radials !!!
Yea def do lol that would be amazing I got my buddy to give me 16 inch drag radials but I need 16 inch wheels
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Very well said!

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

no matter what you have someone will think their car is better... there will always be something faster... the bottom line is drive what you enjoy
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
no matter what you have someone will think their car is better... there will always be something faster... the bottom line is drive what you enjoy
+a million lol
Old 02-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Its hard when you are younger and you try to be the best or have the best to show off in front of your friends (regardless if you realize you are doing it or not you are) but once you get older you realize... their opinions really dont matter lol.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Yea def do lol that would be amazing I got my buddy to give me 16 inch drag radials but I need 16 inch wheels
got a spare set of Mach rims with BFG drag radials ( 275-40-17 ) ........ barely used ,THEY HOOK HARD !!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

got a spare set of Mach rims with BFG drag radials ( 275-40-17 ) ........ barely used ,THEY HOOK HARD !!
Hey I am going to text you
Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Its hard when you are younger and you try to be the best or have the best to show off in front of your friends (regardless if you realize you are doing it or not you are) but once you get older you realize... their opinions really dont matter lol.
+1, there's always a bigger fish...or at least one that things it is lol
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I don't too much care what other people think about my mustang, but it never hurts to get compliments.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
I don't too much care what other people think about my mustang, but it never hurts to get compliments.

I hate when people insult my car. Tell me I'm an *******, or whatever, hell, call my mom a whore, but you say my Cobra is a GT, that's where I draw the line!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

I hate when people insult my car. Tell me I'm an *******, or whatever, hell, call my mom a whore, but you say my Cobra is a GT, that's where I draw the line!
Yea! Call my v6 a gt and ill kick ur ***!
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:

Your an *******. And your car is a gay GT. And you lick balls and you like it. Love you man.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscobra View Post
Your an *******. And your car is a gay GT. And you lick balls and you like it. Love you man.
See, you said your car. Yes, I do have a GT as well, gay......eh, not so much. Let me get my bottle, and I'll give you a run for your money in my gay GT.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:

See, you said your car. Yes, I do have a GT as well, gay......eh, not so much. Let me get my bottle, and I'll give you a run for your money in my gay GT.
Deal. You know you asked for that one.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Yup, did.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

so wtf's wrong with a GT? Just don't call mine a V6
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang
so wtf's wrong with a GT? Just don't call mine a V6
Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion