Plz need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
Plz need help

Hello
I bought a car from car Canada motor. And the dealer promised to have it on wednesday. when I call him he tells me we r having ownership problems since the car is from BC and we r in Ottawa and he said tommorow we will have it for sure. So today I call him and same problem. I got the 2010 v6 mustang with glas roof and all options for 20k. Please someone tell me do u think aomething is wrong with car? Should I cancel the deal?
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
That is a very tough question to answer. I am also Canadian. I know the dealer has to certify it to Ontario smog and safety rules. And buying from a dealer they are expected to attain a higher standard. I personally wouldn't worry about it. They likely have to do a tune up,swap oxygen sensors and so on

Built 2 Last
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
Did u ever deal with this dealer? Man I really dnt want to get it and find something wrong with it
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240
Did u ever deal with this dealer? Man I really dnt want to get it and find something wrong with it
They are a dealer. Higher standard. If your that concerned don't buy it

Built 2 Last
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Re: Plz need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240 View Post
Hello
I bought a car from car Canada motor. And the dealer promised to have it on wednesday. when I call him he tells me we r having ownership problems since the car is from BC and we r in Ottawa and he said tommorow we will have it for sure. So today I call him and same problem. I got the 2010 v6 mustang with glas roof and all options for 20k. Please someone tell me do u think aomething is wrong with car? Should I cancel the deal?
can you at least maybe get a car fax?
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 199
Wats a car fax
Mustang240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Re: Plz need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240 View Post
Wats a car fax
when you purchase a car in the us you are entitled to a car fax.this tell you info on the car how many owners,any accidents,and so on.plus if you can get vin.# i think theres a way to look up the car.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
In my experience car fax does not tell all. Only what is reported. My brother sold a car and car fax said it had no accidents. When it had been through three with us in it. When I traded in a car once again carfax did not reflect an accident my wife had been in. Blown motors, failed tranny, this stuff isn't in car fax. Even the mileage on my 94 stang was off by over 100k miles. I will now always take a car fax with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
The car fax on another car I sold listed me as the first and only owner, weird, bought it used with 75k so I guess it came from the factory with all those miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
06mustangmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 812
Re: Plz need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
In my experience car fax does not tell all. Only what is reported. My brother sold a car and car fax said it had no accidents. When it had been through three with us in it. When I traded in a car once again carfax did not reflect an accident my wife had been in. Blown motors, failed tranny, this stuff isn't in car fax. Even the mileage on my 94 stang was off by over 100k miles. I will now always take a car fax with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang
vin# will show accidents where damages are over a 1,000 only.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need some help plz. j4gwig General Mustang Discussion 2 05-10-2010 06:29 PM
plz welcome me Qatari Mustang New Member Introductions & Greetings 10 09-24-2009 10:20 AM
I need help!!! PLZ!! Khstang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 18 04-21-2008 11:33 PM
Need some help plz! graveelement Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 02-09-2008 04:15 PM
plz need info 95gt350 1979-1995 Mustang GT 2 12-18-2005 11:58 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:50 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.