what are the first mods. I should do to a 2011 5.0. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by erk
Also, can you get a cai that does not need a tune and later get a tune and the cai still be ok for the new tune
Waste of money. The tune is the key

PETOM.biz TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #37
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: what are the first mods. I should do to a 2011 5.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Waste of money. The tune is the key

PETOM.biz TTT
+1
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk
**** I found out that if you change out the cold air you wasting $$$ the 2011 already has cold air induction and you only need the drop in k&n high flow filter and not the whole system
K. After learning what I know know about filtration please if you love your pony avoid K&N..... The Amsoil drop in filter with the bright blue synthetic media flows as well as the sponge media filters but never needs to be oiled which avoids many maf issues and filters out particles up to 18 microns. A human hair is 80 microns. And compressed air blown from the inside out is all it takes to clean them. Please research my statement. K&N has a great ad campaign but is not telling you everything. A used oil analysis paying special attention to silica would surprise you. Silica is sand and only enters the oil in 1 way,the incoming air. And any man who actually sat and thought about silica (sand) and what it can do to engine components (rings,valve guides,cylinder walls) would realize very quickly that there is the reason for loss of compression. Do what you want but before you disregard my statement just google it,you'll see. I am a student,forever learning

PETOM.biz TTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #39
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett

K. After learning what I know know about filtration please if you love your pony avoid K&N..... The Amsoil drop in filter with the bright blue synthetic media flows as well as the sponge media filters but never needs to be oiled which avoids many maf issues and filters out particles up to 18 microns. A human hair is 80 microns. And compressed air blown from the inside out is all it takes to clean them. Please research my statement. K&N has a great ad campaign but is not telling you everything. A used oil analysis paying special attention to silica would surprise you. Silica is sand and only enters the oil in 1 way,the incoming air. And any man who actually sat and thought about silica (sand) and what it can do to engine components (rings,valve guides,cylinder walls) would realize very quickly that there is the reason for loss of compression. Do what you want but before you disregard my statement just google it,you'll see. I am a student,forever learning

PETOM.biz TTT
Were do i find that filter
erk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #40
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Amsoil doest make one for the 2011 yet. I checked premier there not anyone who makes a replacement high flow air intake for the 2011. Expect K&N. What to do.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk
Amsoil doest make one for the 2011 yet. I checked premier there not anyone who makes a replacement high flow air intake for the 2011. Expect K&N. What to do.
Well I guess your options are limited right now...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #42
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I guess your options are limited right now...
Well I am thinking maybe I will just break down and get a after market CAI from american muscle.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thumbs up Re: what are the first mods. I should do to a 2011 5.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk View Post
Well I am thinking maybe I will just break down and get a after market CAI from american muscle.
Not to be biased at all, but the STEEDA CAI with the tune combo, the one I started using it, so far for the 89 octane!

AMAZING...really makes the car a different beast.

Consider it, you won't regret.

Safe ride,
brazeagle
Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #44
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by braztang

Not to be biased at all, but the STEEDA CAI with the tune combo, the one I started using it, so far for the 89 octane!

AMAZING...really makes the car a different beast.

Consider it, you won't regret.

Safe ride,
brazeagle
I am just woried about the warranty
Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

STEEDA guys will explain something about the warranty for you.
I know they want to sell it, but I actually confirmed what they told me...There is a law that protects your warranty with after market parts...and dealers know it.

In any case, if I ever need to do anything to the car that needs warranty work, I can always reverse the process. IT WAS VERY EASY TO INSTALL IT! but that should not be the case.

Take care,
Safe driving,
brazeagle
Old 04-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #46
Regular
Supporter

Its very easy to un-install also. So do be a Worryantee wart.Rather simple so get yourself one,you wont regret it!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:

PETOM.biz TTT
How much is an amsoil filter?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #48
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Amsoil will come out with a filter for the 2011 at the end of the month. They don't have on yet. Just got of the phone with them
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by erk
Amsoil will come out with a filter for the 2011 at the end of the month. They don't have on yet. Just got of the phone with them
Like for an 01
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

DROVE WITH 87 OCTANE TUNE ONLY!!!
Unbelievable power,
I wonder how can it be?

It is scary, really...the sound changed big time, it is very aggressive and you have to be smooth with the throtle, otherwise you will burn tires on 3rd gear! do you believe it? ask the experts, they will confirm.
I will stick with 87 octane tune for a while...

Ride safe guys.
brazeagle
Old 04-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #51
Regular
Supporter

93 Race tune FTW,you will never go back!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #52
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by braztang
DROVE WITH 87 OCTANE TUNE ONLY!!!
Unbelievable power,
I wonder how can it be?

It is scary, really...the sound changed big time, it is very aggressive and you have to be smooth with the throtle, otherwise you will burn tires on 3rd gear! do you believe it? ask the experts, they will confirm.
I will stick with 87 octane tune for a while...

Ride safe guys.
brazeagle
Is that the street tune?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up Re: what are the first mods. I should do to a 2011 5.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk View Post
Is that the street tune?
This is the street mode, also 93 is said to be street tune as well, but more and more aggressive.
When you buy the SCT TUNER, STEEDA will ask you to give the PCM code you have on your car...I did not know what it was, then on the cell phone they told me to look under the hood and read a 4 digit code right of the PCM...that way they custom tune your car with the manufacturer parameters that came with you GT 2011, so no worries, plug and play.

The 87 is to be the street tune option on the tuner, also you can use the 93 tune that comes programmed into the tuner as well.

I will eventually use the 93, but for a while I want to stick with the 87, since I was using this type of gas since new and I still have a full tank.

It is amazing guys, really, it feels like I am flying again! but on the ground!
Still cannot understand how can it give some much more power!

Take care,
brazeagle
Old 04-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #54
Regular
Supporter

Race tune FTW!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #55
erk
Registered Member
Regular

I decided to go with the boss 302 intake and the SCT tuner. Its going to be sick.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #56
erk
Registered Member
Regular

I like to stay stealthy and not stick out so no strips or loud mufflers or too much flash. Total mods will be same color louvers. Boss intake with street/performance tune from bama and a cold air intake from rouch. What do you guys think?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #57
Regular
Supporter

Race tune all the way. You can use a lower octane if that's what you are worried about. There is just a big difference in the street vs race tune,the throttle response is awesome.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #58
erk
Registered Member
Regular

I am torn. Not sure witch way to go. Boss intake or no boss intake. I do want to do a tune with CAI. Some of you guys say the boss will not do what I want. but some say it will. I need to know I will have the $$ soon. I am not sure about the axlebacks don't think I want loud pipes. The stock pipes sound good. I want a good street rod with out killing my drive ability. I like to drive long distance but still have acceleration for a little drag fun. I am not a race driver. I use my car to get to work. So I don't need a race car. I just want some fun on the way to work or some fun on vacation on the road through the mountains or to the beach with the kids or the old lady. While keeping some practical uses. Give me some real experience wisdom
Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #59
Regular
Supporter

We already did.......if that's what you will be using the car for then just pick up a CAI,tuner and have some fun. Sounds like the boss intake would be a waste for your usage and if you want the streetability (?) then don't waste your money on the boss intake. I would suggest a JLT or C&L intake and tuner package from American muscle.You get 3 tunes in whatever octane you want. Also their tunes are from Bama so they are on point.

Now slap one on and go have some fun!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Knight F Mohawk

Nitrous

-Will
Knight F Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 AM   #61

Region: California
Hey there. First off, I can't talk from my own experience, but I have fantasized for the last year about getting a 5.0 and what I would do too it. This is what I came to

Exhaust, CAI, tuner, wheels

1. Exhaust: everybody has their preference with exhaust. Some people love rice rockets and that sound, so they get one of those pipes. However some people love a real RAW and fierce sound so they go and get something like a Borla Attak. And then, there is the stock sound with a slight muscle tone to it which a lot of people already love. Performance wise, exhaust doesn't really do anything unless u straight pipe it and get rid of the catalytic converter and if you are worried about warranty, straight pipe is NOT for you

Wheels: me personally, the standard GT wheels don't quite do it for me and I need something more, like maybe some all black saleen wheels, but if you like the stock wheels on your GT, then your call

CAI&Tuner: essentially, this thread turned into a CAI one. I can't speak on mustang transformation with a CAI, but with any other car, when u throw a quality CAI in, it turns it into a beast. It sounds better, better fuel efficiency, and better for the engine really. Also, more air to the engine means more power so....
The tune. Buy a CAI tune combo. The tune Can do u wonders in the future. Also, when u buy it through bama, it's free for life, so it future proofs your car really. If you even think you will add anything in the future get a tuner now. It will allow for peak performance with best fuel economy possible.

Now for the warranty situation:
Don't fret about it. Exhaust won't do anything to warranty, and obviously not wheels. Neither will CAI nor a tune if you are aware you have a car appointment coming up. Say you have a service appt in a week. Simply keep the stock intake, drop that back in, throw the stock tune on and drive for a week and all record will be gone. And if they do see a dead spot in the record just say it was the battery disconnect and you had to use it for a home appliance or something stupid they won't care

But, whatever you choose, have fun with it
Mattyp2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #62
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good. I think. Will go with the CAI combo tuner for sure. I will mess with th exhaust later. I want to put my $$ in to performance first. Looks and sound second. I like the stock sound anyway I don't like bringing to much attention to myself. I have the sleeper approach
Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Nitrous

-Will
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #64
Regular
Supporter

LOL,Will you are really trying to sell that nitrous huh?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
LOL,Will you are really trying to sell that nitrous huh?
lol, I haven't said anything about buying anything from me....I've just said to use nitrous.

It makes fast faster

-Will
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #66
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight F Mohawk View Post
lol, I haven't said anything about buying anything from me....I've just said to use nitrous.

It makes fast faster

-Will

In selling I meant the idea of strapin on a bottle,lol
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
In selling I meant the idea of strapin on a bottle,lol
When you're on a budget....it's hard to beat

-Will
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #68
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Last time I used nitro I blew the motor after six uses.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight F Mohawk

When you're on a budget....it's hard to beat

-Will
When used right it's the most expensive power adder
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #70
erk
Registered Member
Regular

I have decided to go with the CAI combo tune and exhaust later down the road I am just a street car guy and think that will satisfy my needs

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion