what are the first mods. I should do to a 2011 5.0. - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by erk
Should I put 19s on the back. I want to order rims and tires on line but need to know what I am doing so I get the look I am after
I personally wouldn't get them online because you need to check for stuff like back spacing, does it clear the caliper, etc.

2nd, if you stay with 18s up front and 19s in back, this means you can't rotate your tires which is something I don't recommend.

3rd, yes 35 is SHORTER than 50 ( in most cases)

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
First mod: window tint. Second mod: Nos decals.

If you don't like it, you can take it up with Torreto. Lol.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #108
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Re: what are the first mods. I should do to a 2011 5.0.

No rim and tire shop is gonna let test fit a wheel for backspacing. Not a issue ordering online just make sure it is from a company that knows what they are doing and they can point you in the right direction as far as back spacing is concerned. The description of the wheel will usually tell you if it will fit a big brake kit or not. I would suggest finding the wheel and tire combo you want and making a thread asking if anyone has this combo and what combo they have as far as #s are concerned. If you call and talk to someone from the company you order from you can tell them the look you are going for and they will let you know what combo will tuck or stick out ect,ect......

Good luck!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #109

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbanks
First mod: window tint. Second mod: Nos decals.

If you don't like it, you can take it up with Torreto. Lol.
Hahaha +1
SoFlo Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
No rim and tire shop is gonna let test fit a wheel for backspacing. Not a issue ordering online just make sure it is from a company that knows what they are doing and they can point you in the right direction as far as back spacing is concerned. The description of the wheel will usually tell you if it will fit a big brake kit or not. I would suggest finding the wheel and tire combo you want and making a thread asking if anyone has this combo and what combo they have as far as #s are concerned. If you call and talk to someone from the company you order from you can tell them the look you are going for and they will let you know what combo will tuck or stick out ect,ect......

Good luck!
No offense, but I personally know thats bull**** on the subject of a wheel and tire shop. I WORKED at discount, we did it all the time. If the customer wasnt sure, my specific store number #51 Burleson, TX, would use a wheel that was either in stock or close by and test fit it for you so that you would not have any issues with rubbing, excessive tire wear, etc.

Im not trying to start anything and obviously I cant vouch for every single tire shop out there.

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I would suggest finding the wheel and tire combo you want and making a thread asking if anyone has this combo and what combo they have as far as #s are concerned...
I think it's safe to say that this portion of his post was the best advice when it comes to figuring it all out as painlessly as possible. Wheels and tires are expensive as it is, let alone dealing with the hassle of shopping around, finding what will or won't work, etc.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #112
erk
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I did it finally. Ordered the boss 302 intake w/C&L Cold air intake and the tune from bama. With my headers and catbacks and the boss and the cai, I will be a beast on the street. I will start with the performance tune. Thanks guys for all the help with this thread could not have made the choice 's with out your inputs. I will post pics when I put It together
erk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #113
erk
Registered Member
Regular

The car is scary fast. In the high rpms it pulls like a train. I raced a zr1 and he got me at first but when I hit 2nd gear at the top of the gear a caught up to a photo finish. Very impressive. I am very happy with it . It also makes a great race car sound
Old 09-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #114
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
K if you don't get 50 miles or so on after you re-flash the computer it shows a dead spot in the memory. The EXACT SAME dead spot shows if you unhooked your battery so that's your story. I UNHOOKED THE BATTERY. Done deal. If you get the necessary 50 or so miles in tho it shows nothing on the computer so no story necessary.

PETOM.biz TTT
Driving 50 miles and they can still tell you tuned it returned to stock everything. It is hard coded in the PCM. There is no way around hiding a tune. Be you put it back to stock take battery off, drive 50 miles. Still don't get rid of key strokes and hard codes in the PMC.

Also you don't get the same hp with a drop in filter as you do with a cold air. Specially with a ford tune. There tunes are weak and have showed to be crap for power. One guy on S197 showed his ford tune vs stock. There literally was no difference in power. He then put his Evolution tune in an showed a gain of 20+whp.

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Not to be a Debbie downer but Ford did alot with those new headers on the 2011 so you wouldn't have to even think about a aftermarket shorty. IMO,you should have gone LTs for some nice gains. I'm interested to see what kind of gains you get,dyno time in the near future? Again this is my opinion and what matters is your opinion about the car and if you are happy with it!
Buddy has same set up as me. Except he has BBk shorty's to my BBK LT's. He made 450whp/404wtq. Same tune literally in my car I made 450whp 403wtq same day about 15min apart. Only difference in our cars is gears. He has stock 3.73's and I have 4.10s. He had a drivehshaft also I didn't at the time. His car has also ran 11.4's in good weather. He is about to redyno it with E85.

Same weather we ran the same times. Both running 11.8's in TX heat with me trapping 1mph more.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk View Post
The car is scary fast. In the high rpms it pulls like a train. I raced a zr1 and he got me at first but when I hit 2nd gear at the top of the gear a caught up to a photo finish. Very impressive. I am very happy with it . It also makes a great race car sound
I call BULL****!

You didn't race a ZR1 and win. Or stay close. I have basically same mods and I have seen stock ZR1 run GT500's that make 600whp and walk away from them. Also I raced a Z06 and he walked away form me. Also with a Bama tune you are less power then me. And Are not going to high enough RPMS to take advantage of the Boss. I have make 460whp and shift at 7800 rpms's and yes a Z06 walked me. And it was stock. A ZR1 would rape me.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #115
erk
Registered Member
Regular

You were right it sounded good though. The car was a older vet zr1 but had a 350 create motor. The car was rebuilt by my buddy. But he really is a rookie at building cars but I did beat him. But it was not a new zr1 from factory. Sorry you got me
Old 09-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
K. I have spoken with Chris from American Muscle and he informed me in no uncertain terms that ford CANNOT tell if you ran a custom or canned tune. The trick is you gotta drive about 50 miles to fill the computers memory. When you re-flash the stick tune in it shows a dead spot in the memory. The same dead spot that if you unhooked your battery for any length of time. So if you cannot get enough miles on it to fill the short term memory your story is that you unhooked the battery because when ford hooks up their diagnostic they both show up the same

Built 2 Last TTT
Nice thread "Everett", thanks for that Info.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk View Post
You were right it sounded good though. The car was a older vet zr1 but had a 350 create motor. The car was rebuilt by my buddy. But he really is a rookie at building cars but I did beat him. But it was not a new zr1 from factory. Sorry you got me
"erk", I appreciate your stepping-up admitting your mis-info, it takes a real Man to do that. I see soo many False/Imaginary/Fantasy stories by people that is just soo annoying. So it's good to see someone step up and say "You got me". Thanks.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #117
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
No offense, but I personally know thats bull**** on the subject of a wheel and tire shop. I WORKED at discount, we did it all the time. If the customer wasnt sure, my specific store number #51 Burleson, TX, would use a wheel that was either in stock or close by and test fit it for you so that you would not have any issues with rubbing, excessive tire wear, etc.

Im not trying to start anything and obviously I cant vouch for every single tire shop out there.
I agree that this might have been done at the shop where you worked but they are all different. Some people are really anal about things like that.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

U should put gears...cold air kit...headers...and your set to burn tire
Posse5.8stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion