Why do we drive mustangs? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Why do we drive mustangs?

Just wondering why we all drive or love mustangs? It is the attention they get. For the woman or guys I guess haha. Or for the thrill of the ride?
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Why do we drive mustangs?

I love all types of cars......including bowties. But the Mustang is something Ive always wanted as a kid.Im on #5 now I dont think I will ever stop.The sound of a Mustang with full exhaust is like no other.I drive them to get away from the stress of everyday life,they make me smile.I can wash her in the driveway then sit in a fold out chair in the garage drinking a beer and just stare for hours.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #3

Region: Maryland

That's a great question! For every Mustang lover, there is a Corvette lover or a BMW lover ect. I think that cars are like women (or men if your a woman) and you have to get just the right fit for you. Once it fits, your stuck for life (hopefully). I love Mustang because it fits. It feels right, fits my body and makes me feel good and I giggle like a child when I have fun in one..
1967 Mustang Coupe (6 cyl.) with manual trans (SOLD)
aschiavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #4

Region: New Jersey
For simple reasons longest running muscle car American icon and lastly because Obama won't lol
Silverstang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: California
Simple, I was raised on Mustangs. From my dad 67' GTA with a bottle fed 460 in it to my very first car 66' 289 HiPo to my 11 GT500. There were a lot of mustangs in the family, too many to name. Only one family member was a turn coat, my uncle was all Chevy.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
My 4th mustang I've owned currently. If the mods weren't readily available, I prob wouldn't have one(sorry). I've also owned 2 trans am's, 2 impallaSS. The main reason that I own the car I have is the styling and 575rwhp.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
I drive mine cuz since I was a young boy the styling and concept if the mustang was a bench mark for a legend. I like the fact that great names have been associated with the mustang: Saleen, Shelby, and Roush. Build on tradition and history every mustang has a story and that is why I drive mine.

Bonus it can be customized to each individual person that symbolizes who they are.

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Dad was a Ford guy and Mustangs were the coolest affordable Ford in my youth... Mustangs came out when I was in 4th grade; I remember really wanting one from an early age...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #9

Region: North Carolina

there is just something that called me to mustangs i dont know what it was but i cant get away from them and after watching bullit and gone in 60 seconds i had to have one and since i was 15 i have owned nothing but mustangs
#7859 of 8394 #1169 of 2003 10th Anniversaries
blkcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Just wondering why we all drive or love mustangs? It is the attention they get. For the woman or guys I guess haha. Or for the thrill of the ride?
i think it's the look first,then you realize the speed this coupe has,and then it does catch the eye of woman,so it's a win win situation,lol
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I was raised on stories of my dad's 64 1/2. I kinda had to love them! It's about the only car I like. Sure mine gets attention, I don't care for that though.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

The look, sound, feel and history behind the icon. Plus it's uniqueness and the flow of the lines...I could stare at it all day.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
The look, sound, feel and history behind the icon. Plus it's uniqueness and the flow of the lines...I could stare at it all day.
+1
Old 03-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Too many reasons to list LOL, but we'll go with:
Styling Sound Feel

You know right away from sight or sound that its a Mustang, then the feeling of real V8 power when you mash the throttle (even in stock form). Add to that all the available mods and styling accessories available to make it unique. All that makes it nearly perfect in my book.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770 View Post
Styling Sound Feel

You know right away from sight or sound that its a Mustang, then the feeling of real V8 power when you mash the throttle (even in stock form). Add to that all the available mods and styling accessories available to make it unique. All that makes it nearly perfect in my book.
+1,agreed
Old 03-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770
Styling Sound Feel

+1
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to JB3nd3r

Honestly at heart I'm a Trans Am guy above anything else, partially I think its cuz that's what I grew up around. Never been the type to discriminate against mustang, camaros, vettes, or challengers; if it's an American V8 and rear wheel drive I usually like it in some manner... But in my ears the mustang has always sounded better even when stock, no doubt about that.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Was the best bang for your buck sports car. And the new edge are just so sexy

Built 2 Last TTT
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to JB3nd3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post

Built 2 Last TTT
^^^ Very true
Old 03-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post

Built 2 Last TTT
FOXES!

I pretty much grew up with the Fox. My dad was a GM guy, still is. He owns a Trans Am, and will NEVER put it up against any of my cars at the track. He knows whats up!
Ever since I was 16 years old and I rode in my buddies Capri, I fell in love with Mustangs. Didn't end up owning one until about 6 years ago, but now I'm on my 4th. I'll never be without one again, I don't care if I have to live in the damn thing!
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I have loved mustangs since I was 13 (when I saw a beautiful 67 fastback) and was very surprised my dad actually got a stang for me as my first car
Especially since my dad likes chevy better but still likes anything american made like me except ford comes first
To me mustangs look and sound the best and can be as unique as the person driving it and it helps that they are somewhat affordable
They are just all around awesomeness!!

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #22
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

For me it was simple...when I was around 14 a highschool friend took me for a ride in his Fox Body mustang that was black, 3-4" cowl, wide chrome rims and of course...the vortex under the hood. That car snapped my neck back fast when he punched it and I was in love.

I got my 98' GT...with plans to do everything to it but ended up just driving it. Put 100K miles on it with only routine maintenance, no problems until 110k-ish when the upper intake cracked leaking coolant. Just a great car.

Now I have the 03' Roush and of course...it's simple muscle, reliable and if you keep your foot out of it...average on gas.

Great cars with tons of aftermarket support, a legendary history and just great style.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

got my first one, not really a fan (not good/not bad indifferent) but was a car person.

had great events and meet great mustang owners so I stuck with them.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Well my story is a little bit different. I was ending my year tour in Iraq and wanted a new car when I got back. Cars were never really a buggy to me and so I owned a 07 Mazda 6i( in it's defense it's a fun gas saver) however when I got back I wasn't sure what I wanted. So thinking I wanted an rx8 I went to a friend of mine who works at a dealership and he just had pulled the mustang off the truck and he new it was the perfect car for me.so after he let me take it home for bout 3 days u feel in love with the classic styling the power and the ability to work on it was way sold me. Now I am planning on opening up my own performance shops. Here is a pix o what started the rest of my life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3636674103.png
Views:	193
Size:	937.0 KB
ID:	24458  
Joshfelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfelder
Well my story is a little bit different. I was ending my year tour in Iraq and wanted a new car when I got back. Cars were never really a buggy to me and so I owned a 07 Mazda 6i( in it's defense it's a fun gas saver) however when I got back I wasn't sure what I wanted. So thinking I wanted an rx8 I went to a friend of mine who works at a dealership and he just had pulled the mustang off the truck and he new it was the perfect car for me.so after he let me take it home for bout 3 days u feel in love with the classic styling the power and the ability to work on it was way sold me. Now I am planning on opening up my own performance shops. Here is a pix o what started the rest of my life.
That's really cool man. Since the 60's, there have always been stories of soldiers coming home and buying mustangs as soon as they got back. Nice to see the tradition still alive today.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

FOXES!

I pretty much grew up with the Fox. My dad was a GM guy, still is. He owns a Trans Am, and will NEVER put it up against any of my cars at the track. He knows whats up!
Ever since I was 16 years old and I rode in my buddies Capri, I fell in love with Mustangs. Didn't end up owning one until about 6 years ago, but now I'm on my 4th. I'll never be without one again, I don't care if I have to live in the damn thing!
I ain't knocking the fox body. They are what brought me over the fence from government motors.

Built 2 Last TTT
Old 03-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Must be true cus I had to get the 06 which was the 65 throwback! Lobe that car!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
got my first one, not really a fan (not good/not bad indifferent) but was a car person.

had great events and meet great mustang owners so I stuck with them.
This hobby has some great people as enthusiasts. Really great people

Built 2 Last TTT
Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Why do we drive mustangs?

Bc it's part of me I'm lost without my mustang.... The sound, rumble of it in idle, the power it truly is a horse on wheels.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #30
Road Trip!

f***ing right
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
To me there is always one thing my mustang can out run, all the BS life brings. I could have a super sh**y day and one short cruise later I feel like a new man.
mjb09gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb09gt
To me there is always one thing my mustang can out run, all the BS life brings. I could have a super sh**y day and one short cruise later I feel like a new man.
You are absolutely right. It clears the head and heals the soul

Built 2 Last TTT
Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Wow I didn't thing anyone else did that. Guess it must be the cars.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfelder
Wow I didn't thing anyone else did that. Guess it must be the cars.
Yup. My car does what shrinks charge big bucks to do

Built 2 Last TTT
Old 03-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Im 39 now and fell in love with the mustang when I was in highschool (FOX era) and waited all these years to buy one(kicking myself for waiting so long) but I now know that I will never be without a mustang again. In the year I have owned my car I have driven 29,000 miles of pure enjoyment, the mod bug has bitten and has improved my car from stock appearance and performance, and I have made a lot of friends in the various clubs I am a member of.

Northern Virginia Mustang Club
Silver Mustang Registry #1045
2010 Brilliant Silver 4.0 V6 Traded and will be missed
2011 Performance White Premium GT 5.0 6MT, 19" Machined Wheels, 3.73 gears, GT500 Axle-Backs, Eibach Pro Springs, Dynojet #'s 387rwhp/380 tq.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion